0 comments

Horror Suspense Thriller

The year was 1968 when Aubrey Osbourne died. He got buried in the deserted Ubulu Village. Situated 400 Miles near to Abuja; the capital city of Nigeria in Africa. The tiny village consisted of three-thousand Igbo people who were a travelling nation. In the Igboland they believed in the saying: Agaracha (the traveller must come back). 


They lived on agriculture whereas in Abuja, all the talk was still of wealth and economic boom. 


It was five years since Aubrey had died. Each night he rose from the dead he preyed upon human blood. The village became a ghost town with no living being. He had sucked the blood of all the Igbo people for all those years, killing them one-by-one. Given the name of Dracula, Osbourne was mocked and passed on with hatred and took revenge against the other villagers, because they hated and treated him like a weirdo; who didn't deserve to live amongst people. 


Only cattle and dogs skeletons and human remains, were scattered across Ubulu - were a reminder that there were once inhabitants. 


The caecal of the 'neck biter' was getting dry. To the realization that his physical, mental and emotional health would deteriorate if he couldn't feed on human blood - he transformed himself into a bat that flew into a quiet suburban neighbourhood of Abuja, called Lagos. The richest Federal State of Nigeria and major financial centre; with a population of 2.9 million. The main spoken languages were Portuguese, American and British English.


/// 


On the night of August 23rd, 1973 at 9:30pm - the vampire bat landed on a piece of mesh that was attached to the veranda ceiling. It made its way into the Hunter's residence through the chiminey, and flitted itself into a hook inside the house. Using its sensual nostrils, the parasite proceeded into the direction of its target in the main bedroom. Mrs Hunter, the wife of state archaeologist Joseph Hunter was in there relaxing. 


She first saw a bat that changed its appearance to a human with huge, long, heavy wings. "Aaaaaaah!" she sreamed. "HoohHooh-hoohHooh! an owl made a screeching noise. Dracula! Mrs Hunter made a sharp piercing sound, "heeeeelp!"The emaciated figure striked her with terror. Her forehead was immediately covered with drops of sweat. The cheeks were suddenly a livid crimson. The eyes sunk.... The breath offensive, quick and laborious. 


In a flash Dragula stretched his forearms, and dragged Mrs Hunter closer to his already opened mouth. Then he penetrated his sharp incisors in either jaw in the neck, draining her away of blood and life. He exited the house in the same manner he had entered, and Dracula flew back to his grave. On the next day the Hunter's home was cordoned off by the police who took a statement from Mrs. Hunter's husband.


Dracula continued with his daily operation and within a month's time, he had killed a lot of people in Lagos.


Joseph was sitting on the couch quenching her thirst with Tulberg Lager beer. He had been watching television for two hours on the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) Channel 407.


Stories of midnight attacks by a blood-sucking vampire are continuing. Victims are claiming that they are being attacked in the night, by what they say is a 'neck biter'. At least 150 people have been killed in the south-eastern region of Lagos. Good afternoon, I'm Zingisa Khuna on NBC, and welcome to another episode of Religious Talk. Today we'll be talking to our guest from the Roman Catholic Church priest, Khamoo Kadzho; on the issue of vampires in the aspect of religion.


"Good afternoon to you priest Kadzho." "Greetings to you Zingisa and your viewers at home, and thank you for having me here."


Zingisa Khuna: "How do you consider vampirism?"

Priest Kadzho: "Elusive creatures of the night exist in reality. Vampires feed off of other people's energy, and every so often drink human blood."

ZK: "What would you say are precautionary measures to avoid vampires?"

PK: "People should surround themselves with spiritual energy, such as hanging a cross on their doors..."


///


Medical specialist Dr Gregory Parks, sat alone in his office examining blood samples. He was in charge of the Blood Donor Services at Dunkensfield Blood Bank Centre in Lagos. The telephone rang disturbing his concentration. 


"The ambulance is pulling in George," the voice said. 


A stretcher made a rapid sound through the centre entrance. The ambulance team pushed the stretcher towards the Trauma Room. On first inspection he noticed dried blood had formed around the woman's neck. With his signature glasses on, Dr Parks inserted the earplugs of his Stethoscope, and placed the chestpiece on the woman's chest. 


"Her cardiac rhythm is abnormal. Get me an OBO," (a certain type of blood), he commanded to the nurses.


It was moments like this that kept him in emergency blood transfusion services. The rush of the vascular system, the satisfaction of bringing someone back from near death. Dr Parks gave her an antibiotic injection while one of the nurses wiped the victim's wound. And a drip feed was administered on the patient.


///


The following day Jenny Douglous was at Lagos County Police Department, to make a statement of her attack. "So, what actually happened Ms. Douglous?" the police officer asked.


"I saw a wing-handed shadow while taking a shower last night. It moved across the passage. Quivering in shock I covered my mouth with my trembling hand, and tiptoed out of the shower. As I was about to open the front door, the huge wings were reflected on the wall again. I turned around and ducked. It was a miss because the monster intended to grab me. I then ran down the passage to my bedroom where I had locked myself inside."


 "How come did it bite your neck whereas you locked yourself inside?" the cop doubted. 


"Yes, the door was locked and suddenly I saw a bat flying in my room. It changed into that huge giant human. In a supernatural way the beast tossed me up in the air, and I bounce back on its wings and felt something like a needle in my neck. I then pulled up the necklace under my gown which had been out of sight. When I pointed the cross at the beast, it vanished just like that," Jenny declared.


After the attack she was numb and semi-conscious, but dragged herself to the living room and managed to call the paramedics. The cop requested to see the medical report on Jenny's condition which read:


"Through a DNA test that was conducted, I have discovered that the wound was a vampire bite. The consumption caused her a bloody cough, and left the victim pale and gaunt with blood in the corners of her mouth and neck. As a result she's on vitamin supplements.


Forensic expert detective Tugo, from the Lagos Police County Special Investigative Unit; visited Dr Parks for questioning based on his medical report. 


The telephone intercom buzzed. "Yes, Yolanda," the doctor answered. "Sir, there's a .detective here to see you." "In connection with what?" "Jenny Douglous' medical report," she said. "Please let him through." 


The detective greeted and the doc offered him a seat. "My name is Dr Gregory Parks." "I'm detective Tugo from the Lagos Police County Special Investigstive Unit," he said, producing his identity. "Can I get you anything to drink, detective?" "No, thank you." "With what can I help you," the physician asked, curiously. "I guess you know that a lot of people have lost their lives, in the hands of the alleged vampire. I'm doing investigation on it, and therefore, would like to ask you a few questions based on Jenny's medical report," Tugo got to the point. "Be my guest, detective." 


The first question he posed was based on the experience the doctor had, in maintaining accuracy when entering details; into a medical record system. He told him that he had always compared the external data to valid sources. Checked validity of the data itself, and compared the data to existing internal data.


Detective Tugo: "In medical terms how do you differentiate between a mosquito bite and vampire bite?"

Doctor Parks: "Mosquito bites are harmless whereas a vampire bite can result in either lethal infection, death, or a painful transformation."

DT: "Have you ever participated in an audit of the medical records department? If so, what responsibilities did you have for the audit?"

DP: "Yes, I have cooperated with audit requests before. I was responsible for running a report of all the medical tests, that our facility had conducted for the past ten years."

DT: "Who do you think is responsible for these blood-sucking attacks?"

DP: "I don't have a clue."

DT: "We don't have any direct evidence to this yet. Would you mind giving me the victim's blood sample for further examination?"

DP: "Not at all."


The doctor excused himself for a moment to get Jenny's blood sample. He gave it to him and the detective thanked him. The forensic expert took it to Joseph, who then worked on it in his laboratory. Later that day Tugo called Hunter.


"Hunter, good afternoon." "It's Tugo here, Mr Hunter." "I was waiting for your call," the archaeologist said. "Got a lead for me?" 


"Absolutely, my DNA analysis matched for a certain Aubrey Osbourne. I also checked old cemetery records and discovered where he was buried," explained Hunter.


"So, what do you make of it?" Tugo wanted to know. "The horrible monster has to be killed again through therapeutic exhumation, in order to stop the stalking," Hunter suggested. "Well done my friend," the forensic detective complimented him. He then set aside a date for the whole process to take place. 


A week later Joseph Hunter, Tugo, Dr Parks and the Roman Catholic Church priest, were among the gravediggers who were mandated by the government to exhume the remains of Dracula. Before the proceedings priest Kadzho made a short prayer. 


"Lord make this lost soul rest in peace. For all eternity. Amen." He then sprinkled the grave with holy water. They exhumed the remains and later in time, Dr Parks removed the heart and sliced it into small pieces with an operation blade.


"There's liquid of blood still remaining in this heart, evident to the fact it's functioning," the blood specialist explained to the assembly. The heart was then burned into ashes, and reburied together with the remains in Aubrey Osbourne's grave. The lust of a vampire was no more.



October 30, 2020 16:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.