2 comments

Drama Happy Holiday

There is a saying that says the first borns says 'hello' to the world; the last borns says 'goodbye' to that cold fridge inside a womb.No matter how old I continued to be;but the blood in me kept on singing in my veins- yeah! am still the last born.The world thought me to be an adult;doing all impossible things on my own.

Hey,my name is Elizabeth Anderson married to a lovely husband Antonio with two kids Livedy and Lovy;and this is my story. ......

In September 19,2012 was the day of thanksgiving; the family gathered in a white palace in our family home.The weather was happy as the sun in the sky kept on putting that big smile as it brightened the day.

The journey was long with so much excitement; we barely got tired. Livedy and Lovy couldn't hide their joy in a single moment as they sang -

'Am happy today'

clapping their tinny looking hands;joining in singing to the melody of the song.The birds in the air; kept on tweeting,dancing round the car to the song.

Brother Rodriguez, Martinez and Volmitiez were standing infront of the house;too much joy from seeing them,tears flowed over my cheeks; hugging each other so tightly.

"Where is mother?",I asked

Running towards the house in excitement, shouting -

Mother! Mother!

seeing mother after along time couldn't hide my joy;running towards her hugging her so tightly as I covered her face with lipstick kisses.

"Mother-wow as I held her hand spinning her around ,"you

look good and younger,"I said

"Haha! My children have you forgotten that I have you,

that always take good care of me, "mother said as she smiled.

The living room was all filled with laughter; my head having a rest on mothers' laps. Lovy my younger daughter;rubbed her eyes as she kept on pulling me by my hand.Tears filled her eyes as she was carried away by Lucy the house maid.

Dinner was all set up; seated at my best spot that's near mother.Minutes couldn't go by without mother drawing that spoon full of food into my mouth, wiping my mouth with a white clothe.

My brothers stared at me;laughing and making fun of me-

Elizabeth -big baby as they laughed loudly.

Mmmmm -why should I not be a baby,am mommas baby,

am the last born -yes mommy, "I said as I frawned my

face

"Child, you're my baby,"mother said helding my chin high

I couldn't stop making fun of my brothers;pulling out my tongue with my eyes wide open. Having that cheeky look all over my face.

"Tom and Jerry!

With a bowl full of popcorns;running towards the TV set as we sat together with my lovely kids.

"Mommy, why is it you're watching cartoon and at home

you don't watch,"asked Livedy.

I couldn't stop rolling my eyes in all the directions -

"Sweetie! I want to enjoy best moments with my two lovely

Kids,"I said.

Mother made her entrance into the living room; three glasses of milk on a tray, two for my girls and one for me-

"My baby,here is a glass of milk,"mother said.

Confusion was all drawned around my kids;as they kept on staring at me,enjoying Tom and Jerry.

"Go-go Jerry, shouting like I was supporting a football match;my brothers peeped through the window only to find I was cheering for Jerry the cartoon. My buttocks were full of thorns;I stood up all the time cheering and giving Livedy a slight push.

"Momma!are you okay,"Livedy asked

"Yes baby?am okay,"I said

Oh- yessss, throwing the bowl of popcorns in the air;dancing around one could think a jackpot had been won.The shoutings coming from the living room attracted my brothers,my husband and mother only to find me in a dancing mood.

"Mother, I think this time Elizabeth has lost it,"said Rodriguez.

Livedy and Lovy stared at me not knowing why I was celebrating;the living room decorated with popcorns as the house maid made her entrance into the living room with a broom on her hand.

The holiday had come to an end as the saying'everything has an end'.All bags packed and loaded into a car;goodbye was the hardest word to let go from my mouth,tears dripped from my eyes wetting my white handkerchief.

Mummy!

We were stuck together with glue;hugging mother so tightly ,being tried to be separated made me to scream so loudly.The sun was going down; a long journey awaited us ahead;setting off.I peeped through the window continuously waving my hands to mother. The white house hidden with trees.

"Stop the car,Antonio,"I said

The car came to an halt as I opened the door running backwards. Antonio and the kids tried to reach me;I was faster like a cheetah as i headed back to our home compound as I shouted -

"Mother! Mother!

To mothers' surprise seeing me standing at the doorstep ;sweat dripping through my white blouse.You could hear that heavy breathing coming from Antonio;sitted on the grass with his head down trying to get rest.

"Baby, you had gone,"mother said

"Mother! I wanted to tell you 'I love you, "I said

Moving close to my mother;helding her hands;my husband stared at me as he held my hand bidding goodbye to my mother as we headed towards the car.

We drove off heading to the city; my mouth shut as me and my kids were driven into a deep sleep.

Darkness had covered the air;the sound of crickets could be heard. We made a quick stop at the Mc Donalds; for a quick snacks as we continued with the journey.

We arrived in the city at around 9 pm; our eyes all worn out as we headed to our rooms, covering ourselves with that warm blankets.The kids had already reached the wonderland as they slept so peaceful like angels.I couldn't stop thinking about my mother;picking up my phone and calling her.I yawned so loudly; as my eyes closed off slowly and slowly. Dreams filled my mind; pictures flashed throwing my left leg on top of my husband-

Mother! Mother!

My husband was startled from his sleep; waking me up. It was only a dream as we went back to that sweet sleep. The day was well spent.

Goodnight!

November 27, 2020 07:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Jiya Chawla
16:44 Dec 03, 2020

Beautiful story, Joan! I have some feedback that I would like to share. The adjective use could be minimized. There are a little grammatical errors too that can harm the quality of your story. Other than that, I had fun reading. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading more of your work.

Reply

Joan Opoyi
18:59 Dec 05, 2020

Hey Jiya Thank you for reading my story and I will put in mind the correction you have made to me.once again thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.