0 comments

General

He’s still here. I don’t understand what’s going on or why this is happening and I don’t care because he’s still here. Oh my goodness, maybe this means he’s staying forever. That would be my favourite thing.


He’s spending a lot of time on the phone and the computer and the news is on for most of the day, even when he’s not really watching it. Maybe something is going on. But I don’t care because he’s still here.


There’s a very large bag of my food in the pantry. I hope it’s all for me. 


We’re only going for one walk a day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening. He said “they’re the rules”. But that’s ok because he’s still here. 


This afternoon he sat in the garden and threw my favourite stick for me maybe a hundred times. Every time I brought it back he told me I was a good boy. That’s maybe a hundred times being a good boy. It’s my favourite stick because it’s the biggest stick from my pile of sticks and one end of it is very good for crunching. 


There are lots of parcels arriving. Some of them have food inside and one of them was lots of different bottles and one of them was full of books. I bark every time the doorbell rings to let him know that someone is here. I’m good at barking, it always makes him look at me and get up and come to the door and say “ok, ok” so that means I’m doing a great job.


Tonight he made dinner from all the different tins of things. It smelled really delicious. When he’d finished he put the plate on the floor for me to clean and told me I was a good boy. 


He’s letting me sleep in his bed. This has never happened before. Well, maybe when I was very little. I can tell he’s happy that I’m here because he wakes up in the middle of the night and cuddles me and sometimes he says “at least we’re together”. 


I haven’t seen any of my other friends for a while but I’m alright because he’s still here. If there’s somebody else going for a walk at the same time that we’re going for a walk we cross the road and stay far apart. That’s a shame because I like meeting new people, but he said “they’re the rules”. Zig-zag zig-zag, up and down. 


He’s opened the very large bag of my food in the pantry and so far it looks like it is all for me. 


Sometimes in the evening he talks to the people in his computer and they all wave at me and shout my name and tell me I’m a good boy. Sometimes one of my friends is in there too so I bark at them to let them know that we're still friends.


We didn’t go for a walk today but everything’s fine because he’s still here. It was lovely and sunny outside so he put the moving water machine on the lawn and I tried to catch it. It goes from side to side and sometimes I bite it and sometimes I get wet. 


There are a lot of sirens going up and down on the road outside. I’m good at being a siren too. I can howl really loudly when they go past and it makes him laugh and he tells me I’m a good boy. 


There’s a ball under the sofa that I want to play with, but when I try to get it out he shouts at me and makes me move away. But I don’t mind because he’s still here. 


He wore pyjamas all day today and snuggled with me.


Being inside a lot is nice because he’s still here, but also sometimes it makes me go a bit crazy. All of a sudden my legs want to go really fast, even though there’s not much space, so I go round and round and under the table and whoosh on the slidey floor and then round and round some more. 


Another parcel came today, but this time it was just for me. He put it on the floor and let me bite it to get inside and then when I got inside there was a new ball. Just like the one that’s under the sofa. So now I have two. 


Sometimes when he’s talking to the people in his computer he tells me to go to my bed, but I don’t want to. My bed is far away from where he is on the sofa and I want to be next to him. Sometimes I just lie down on the floor near his feet and I think it’s ok because then he doesn’t tell me to go to my bed anymore. 


We had sausages.


He’s still here. He doesn’t seem very happy about it, but I’m very happy about it. He pats my head and says “at least you’re having a good time”. I am having a good time.


A really big bee got inside our house today and I chased it around and then I tried to bite it, but he said “that’s not a good idea”. 


We did some really good tummy scratching today, the kind that makes my leg go funny. That’s my favourite thing. Then he got the brush out, which is not my favourite thing. I don’t like brushing, but he says “come on buddy, we have to do it”, so I lie still until it’s done. Then I do my crazy running. Round and round and under the table and whoosh on the slidey floor and then round and round some more. 


The news is on a lot at the moment and sometimes he calls people to talk about it and sometimes he looks upset and when that happens I put my head on his knee to let him know that I’m still here. 



March 24, 2020 11:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.