3 comments

Funny Fantasy Creative Nonfiction

Are you Maryam? No, you are not. Definitely not. You are only a picture of me. I know that. I have many pictures of me in my cellphone. I have many selfies in Facebook. You are not even a picture. You are some kind of imagination of my face in the mirror. Do not look at me like that with those eyes. Even those eyes belong to me. Do you agree? Do you if you or other virtual stuff were not there in my life, I could not even know how I look like? Do you think now I know? Is that it? Is that the only responsibility you and all the pictures in the mirrors got? Do you have a task definition document and are you happy that your task is checked? You are not real dear. Can you understand how much capabilities you have? When I expect you something, do not look at me in a way that you expect me something.  Do not answer my question by question. I ca not do anything. I cannot go beyond the time. I cannot change anything in my face. Yes, yes. I can dye my hair in blue. What a big change. That is the most I can do. I can wear makeup. Yes, I can be creative in makeup. Is that all? Paying so much for dying my hair and them come here and you only reflect that. Thank you. Thank you for reflection. I really appreciate that. Why are not you creative? Do not ask me same. I am asking you. What happens if you put the eye in the middle of the forehead? If you omit the nose? You are not breathing. What are you afraid of? Oh yes, you only want to show the truth. You are an honest mirror. See who is talking about honesty. A virtual fake picture. Do you think I believe you? Do you want to not even have this little responsibility and escalate me to other mirrors? You are all the same. What is the difference between you all? I don’t think you are different mirrors. You are one. One virtual reflection, which is not even true. If you love truth this much, why aren’t you real? I don’t understand you. Anytime I look in the mirror, I cannot believe the picture. You are not honest and you are a little mean. I feel happy and warm inside and you just show me a pale face. How come? Even when I touch my face, it is warm enough not to be that pale. You say little lies. You are not brave enough to show my eyes below my mouth. On the other hand, you want to tease me and exaggerate hair on my forehead and show it so back. But you show my eyelashes very thin. I would not believe whatever you show. I touch my face. I am not like stepmother of Snow White to ask you who the most beautiful woman in the world is. That mirror was also you ancestor. Maybe it was you yourself. It was mean also. That mirror was in the fairytale and did not make that poor woman a little happy. Who can say Snow White is more beautiful than her stepmother. May be somebody has a different taste. You see! All mirrors are mean in fairytale and also here in real world. If I were in fairytale, I would not have this much trouble with you and your cowardice. Why don’t you talk to me? Do you need to be in fairytale? You show me a fake picture of me without any fairytale and that is not a problem. You even claim that is real. So how hearing a fake sound would be fairytale . I agree that I have been too aggressive to you but the way you act to me is not acceptable either. This is passive aggressiveness. You do not talk and grow anger. Maybe if we have had talked I would not need to ask these many questions. Maybe I would not need to be angry at you. I need to negotiate with you. Be brave enough to tell big lies or stop being mean. Once you show one of my eyes smaller. You make many problems for me. I go to everybody and ask if one of my eyes is bigger. All call me crazy and next time you just laugh at me. Any time I frown at you they call me same. I can touch my eyes. SO don’t say you are honest. Why don’t you change your place with me? I am limited in the real world and you want reality. You are limited in your own restrictions. You are restricted to little, tiny lies. Talk to me. Negotiate with me. In which situation would you change your place with me? 

OK. I agree. You are a trustful virtual world. I cannot see my face without you. You are useful. What you show is near truth. Let’s play and be happier. We look at each other for some moments and nobody should smile. However, this game needs that you detach from me and be yourself. Otherwise, if you only want to reflect my face, this game would be meaningless. If we were detached, maybe you would not need to be that honest. That way, even if one of the eyes were bigger than the other in the picture, it would not make me go to people and ask about my eyes. I am telling you that because of you, yourself. I am already detached from other people and don’t want to be detached more and more. Maybe seeing a picture near to my face every day is good for me.  Anyway, that is familiar. But for you with this much of capabilities of fake world, it is waist of energy and time to just reflect the reality. Just show something different and don’t think about me. I will adopt to it. 

August 03, 2021 06:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

23:55 Aug 10, 2021

Loved it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Keiwan Wind
14:31 Aug 09, 2021

Brava!

Reply

Maryam Gholami
15:59 Aug 09, 2021

Thanks 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.