Construction Project X

Submitted into Contest #148 in response to: Write about an apartment building being demolished.... view prompt

0 comments

Gay Funny Romance

“Hey boss, James, a member of the team of renovators says, walking towards him, “Is this place really up to bar with renovating, because I really don’t want to waste time to start when everything in that apartment looks like it’s falling apart.”

Tray wondered if he had totally missed something when he spoke to the landlord about this apartment complex.

“James!” He shouts when he realizes that he has completely messed up, hoping his boyfriend doesn’t kill him when he finds out and stopping James who was just walking into the apartment building, “Get everybody out, this place will be demolished in a day from now and please don’t look so surprised.”

“Boss, I think I may have overstepped my boundaries. If you think this run-down place can be renovated, it can. We have done this countless times…wait boss, let me finish”, he said when I was going to cut it, “Why don’t you have a look, your boyfriend who is a demolition operative must have shown you a couple things when dealing with demolition.”

I simply grimaced, knowing full well how disappointed Andy will be when he realize I missed the signs telling me that this place will obviously be no good renovating, especially with how bright this James was smiling at me. I know I should tell him the truth, but shit, this is way too embarrassing for me.

What if someone got hurt while I was doing God knows what. I simply left James and called everyone out of the house apologizing to them and telling them that they technically weren’t supposed to start anything for now because we would be starting from scratch when the building is demolished if everything is as bad as James said.

I had to protect this secret of mine for now.

After the scariest 15 minutes of my life, I was already out of that place. In truth, I really shouldn’t have spent so much time there because of the asbestos, but luckily, that it’s the last thing I looked out for. I’m sure if I stayed to look for more, I would find asbestos in more places than just the wall insulation.

I didn’t even need the asbestos abatement workers wasting time coming here. Obviously, it’s because there are more pressing matters than life-threatening asbestos. Like the fact that the entire foundation of this building is falling apart if the uneven flooring is no indication. Plus there is too much moisture going on for me in the basement and attic and from the look of this building. I shouldn’t have needed to take so long to perceive that it’s in need of a good old demolition.

Anyways, I realized after being in a daze thinking of my situation and from being a second away from calling my boyfriend that he is already here sporting the angriest expression I’ve ever seen from him alongside my best friend James.

What the hell, this betrayal stings more than the fact that it hurts that they don’t really get along, or they aren’t supposed to if I can recall recent events when they don’t even want to waste their breath fighting like cats and dogs like a married couple.

“Tray!,” Andy all but growls, why in God’s name were you in that building knowing full well that it’s in need of a demo.”

I know this isn’t a good time, but for some reason my pants got incredibly tight both hearing his voice and seeing that facial expression of his, which I find incredibly hot. Sharp jawline, bright blue eyes, perfect blond hair that reaches his neckline, and this body of his, tight strong abdominal muscles and

What…

“Tray for the love of all that is holy, have you been listening to a word that I have said?”, Andy asked carefully with a hint of disappointment in his tone.

At first, Tray thought that it might be because he was caught checking him out but the more he thought about it, it must be the fact that he almost got his coworkers killed because of his mistake in forgetting one crucial thing his landlord told him.

His exact words were, “just destroy everything, everybody has enough sense as it is to stay away from that old building for the past 2 years seeing that it’s more than a hundred years old.”

Before he could change his facial expression of extreme sadness, being even more disappointing that his arousal died down way faster than he could blink, he felt his body being pulled into a hard chest and complete safety and warmth wrapped around him like an invisible bubble.

“Hey babe”, Andy cooed in a smooth soft, and even voice, “it’s ok alright, I’ll call my team and we’ll take over the demolition works tomorrow ok sweet pea”

“Yeah?” I asked in a croaky voice.

I didn’t even know that hearing the disappointment in his tone would break me so bad. I have never wanted to cry so hard in my life. He means the world to me and to think that I could disappoint him like this really hurts.

“Don’t cry love”, he said hugging me tighter, but he paused for a minute, “Don’t think I didn’t see that arousal of yours for I know you were thinking dirty thoughts”

My face burnt the whole time we walked back up to James, whom I had even forgotten was here. I totally forgot why I wanted to cry a while ago. All my thoughts were focused on all the times when Andy would talk dirty to me and the things he would do to me while in the bedroom. I paid no mind to James, who had a knowing smirk on his face, unbeknownst to me, I paid no attention to where my boyfriend was leading me and because of my unawareness, it came as a shock when I realized that I was in bed, naked as the day I was born came as a full shock to me.

“Welcome back sweet pea, although you weren’t paying the least bit of attention to me on our way here, I know something else that did”, He said with that cocky smirk of his own.

I can’t recall for the life of me what happened after our hour of that intense scene but I knew that he took me to the brink of insanity and then I was just out.

Anyway, it is currently 10 AM and we, along with his team are at the apartment building we left yesterday. Lucky me, it seems that some things in this apartment can actually be classified in a file called salvageable.

Ha, James, everything is not falling apart.

“Sweet pea, what do you think?” Surprisingly, Andy says, standing in front of me, “Do you think these things can be recycled. Salvaged or disposed of?”

Quickly getting out of my head, I told him that some things can be salvaged but it still looks old and that it is probably a good idea for everything to be disposed of since he got the dumpster rentals ready from yesterday, though we both know why I can’t recall when he made those available.

I simply watched him take the lead in everything. He is not a leader for nothing. The way he talked with his crew about utilizing the dumpster rentals, about how they were going about how to demolish this building, even when he spoke about the way he was going to operate the Excavator.

I simply knew that things were going to get crazy and seriously hot for me. Andy always gets all the fun things to do, even though I fully understand just how dangerous his job really is.

I wonder what he sees in me….Tray, this is not the time for this.

This is the first time watching my boyfriend operate an extractor. For some odd reason, he started from the back. He began by pulling down the roof little by little, then using force to pull down the rest of the building from the top to the bottom. It was all fascinating to watch. To hear the noise from the excavator, the rumbling and crack of the building, going straight to the noise of the crash when things come tumbling down to the ground and most of all, all the excitement from his teammates were simply very exciting. I couldn’t refrain from showing my obvious excitement.

When Andy was all done, and everything was turned to rubble, 4 long studious hours had passed.

I hurried up to him and gave him some water to drink to cool down and relax.

“Thanks, babe”, He said with a smile and a familiar glint in his eyes from when he would tell me the stories of all the times he demolished a building or a part of one.

“You did great love, I can totally tell that you enjoyed yourself,” I told him with a smile.

He simply kissed me on the forehead and gave me a breathtaking smile.

While we walked, Andy told me all the other boring things that needs to take place after this. He said his team would take care of everything else so we could go out for lunch and talk about the plans that I have for the building and the things I will need to do all leading up to it.

After our lunch, we came back to the spot to see 6 guys eating and a large space where the old apartment building used to be.

I was all smiles, so much so that Andy thought I deserved a full-blown make-out session. We only stopped after we heard the cat calls and wolf whistles.

I’m so glad that I have him in my life. I never thought anyone could arrange a team and prepare everything in a day. I would think that it usually takes at least 2 weeks then close to a month before a demolition project can take place.

“What are you thinking about darling?” Andy asked with a hint of concern in his tone.

I gave him a huge smile and then pecked him on his glistening pink lips.

“I’m so in love with you and grateful, really grateful for having you in my life”, I told him, looking straight in his beautiful and captivating blue eyes.

I could see that he wasn’t expecting me to say this and it took him everything to not shed a single tear from his eyes.

I just hugged him with everything I had to give, placing my head in the crook of his neck.

“Well sweet pea, I love you too and I’ll forever be in love with you. You are the love of my life and the reason why this world no longer looks dim and bleak anymore.”

I just held on tighter, totally wrapped up in his sweet mouthwatering scent and the safety and warmth of being in his arms that only he can bring.

June 03, 2022 08:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.