2 comments

Happy Romance Contemporary

Taking notes from tuition, Rukmoni were walking in the road. Sky becoming dark around her. Wind were touching her silky hair and bright check . Listening songs and walking alone took her in other world. When she come back to home, it was 8 o'clock. She freshed an up and went to the chicken. Her father Mr. Roy will come with his friend's family to have dinner . Rukmoni had to assist her mother in making dinner. After cooking, Rukmoni's mother suggested her to wear saree. Around 10 pm her father reached home with his friend's family. Mr. Roy's friend had two sons Sujoy and Bijoy. After dinner the family stayed there.

   Rukmoni woke up early in the morning. She went for a walk in a nearby park. There Rajdeep also come. Rajdeep was a college student. He was in final year. He saw Rukmoni and come to talk to her. Telling his name, Rajdeep gave his to shake with her. Rukmoni also shaked hand and introduced herself. Rajdeep said that he was doing B.A. Hearing that Rukmoni told him that she was doing M.A. Again they shaked hand and wished good bye each other.

  Having launch, Mr. Roy and his friend discussed about Sujoy and Rukmoni's marriage. Rukmoni was unknown about it. Sujoy was well settled with their family business. And Bijoy was studying. Sujoy liked Rukmoni. Before going to home, Sujoy came to Rukmoni's room. He knocked the door and came into the room. Sujoy asked what was Rukmoni's perspective on marriage. As she was unknown, she just smiled and didn't say anything. Sujoy was getting more close to her and tried to kiss but failed. 

   Few week later, went a cafe shop to fill up her H. S exam form. But the cafe shop was off. So she had to go another cafe shop. The cafe shop were busy with another guy. As she looked at him she just shocked. She wanted to returned from the cafe shop but couldn't. Accidentally it was last date of form fill up and there were no other cafe shop opened. As the guy went Rajdeep looked at Rukmoni. She seemed nervous. That day when Rajdeep saw Rukmoni in the park, he crushed on her. But when he come to know that she was elder to him. He was quite. And today he was seeing her second time at his cafe shop.

  Actually Rukmoni didn't want to close with anyone. she was very beautiful. She didn't want come to any relationship. That's why she use to ignored boys by telling lies. If anybody proposed her she replied that she had in a serious relationship with her boyfriend and she will marry him. But today her lies got catched by Rajdeep. Rajdeep looked dashing. His deep eyes made him more attractive. Looking around the shop, Rukmoni told him to fill up her form. Rajdeep could say something. But thought she would feel embarrassed. He didn't want that. Rukmoni didn't explain anything, returned home.

   After dinner Rukmoni checked her phone. Ten missed call and many messages from unknown number. She saved the number and searched it on what's app. She was shocked, seeing the profile name and picture. It was Jaydeep's number. She called back. Joydeep started flatting with her. She hanged out the call. Morning,afternoon, evening, night all time Joydeep called her and sent massages. Finally Rukmoni agreed to meet him in the park. Joydeep came to the park with full preparation. He planned to propose her. Joydeep reached early there. After 10 minutes waiting, she came. She was talking on phone with Sujoy. She cut her call and stand in front of Joydeep. Joydeep started talking on casual things. They walked together around the park. It was morning time. There were few people in the park. Finally Joydeep proposed her in a filmy way. Rukmoni calmly told him about Sujoy and rejected his proposal.

  Rukmoni talked with Sujoy friendly. Mr. Roy fixed her daughter's engagement date after one week. And marriage date wiil discuss after her H.S exam. Before two days of engagement, Rukmoni was very sad. She cried all over the night. There was a note book where she wrote her love story with sad ending. Before two years ago, she met with Raj. When she saw him she fall in love with him. Raj was her youngest teacher. After few weeks she proposed Raj. Raj denied her proposal and told her that she was liked her sister. Friends made her joke too. After two years of this incident Rukmoni couldn't forgot him. Her point of view was changed. Whom she loved didn't understand her, because of she was a student, a teenager. From that time she started ignore love matters and kept her away from love. Many handsome boys gave her proposal but she rejected. 

  Mr. Roy and Mrs. Roy was quite busy. Rukmoni was their only child. They invited friends, relatives and neighbors. The engagement was took place peacefully. Sujoy took care of her. And loved her also madly. Every week they used to meet . Sujoy gave her many gifts, roses, teady bear etc. They walk together hand in hand,come more close to each other. Rukmoni was very happy, a soft corner was made for him. She liked his smile, cute face and dashing personality . She learnt driving from Sujoy. And when Sujoy come to their home, she used to make meal for him. Sujoy made a good bonding with Rukmoni's parents. Mr. Roy and Mrs. Roy loved him as their own son. 

 As day pass, Rukmoni's exam date come. She prepared well and clear his H.S with good marks. Her marriage date also fixed after her exam. Rukmoni wished to higher studies. Sujoy's family was agreed with it. Rukmoni will continuous her studies but after getting married. Rukmoni was happy with that. After getting married Rukmoni came to a knew home. But family were known to her. Bijoy gifted them a honeymoon package. They went the place for their honeymoon. It was a very beautiful place. They started their married life. They enjoyed a lot and loved each other madly. And they returned home

  Rukmoni admitted in a college for her higher study. She didn't get pregnant. It was their mutual understanding. They will plan for kids later. 

July 02, 2021 10:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Alex P. Gounaris
10:37 Jul 08, 2021

To paraphrase a quote from Stephen King here: "Bad grammar can really confuse the readers and lead to misunderstandings. Grammar comes first, vocabular comes second." There were many errors throughout this story, most of which could have been caught with any free spellchecking tool. Some might be harder to master or perceive, but even those could have been omitted with a proper amount of editing. Even though I understood the overall story, it took some time getting through it as grammar and errors bogged me down, making me stop, re-read, sto...

Reply

Sarifa Begam
05:42 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you very much.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.