0 comments

Horror Mystery Sad

What if I said you hate your parents?


Some of you might say it's false, or some of you might say it's true. Some might even say it either.


We'll see, but would this story be interesting for you? The reader behind the screen, gawking at the screen brightly before you. Hmm, you don't have any interest in reading it? Perhaps you'll get interested in the end, or are you already?


*********

My eyes were closed, the warm soft ray of sunshine hitting my firm face. The blankets keeping me warm, the soft material keeping me more comfy. Thoughts wash over my mindset, drowning inside then in an endless loop. If only I didn't have parents, I may have been one of the cool girls. If only my parents didn't came and mess it all up, always disturbing me or not having enough money to afford the things I wanted. It was a predicament always, and ended that way. Never going my way when they mess it all up. I always wanted things to go my way or similar to it, even if I made them act before, it didn't went well.


I just wish they listen to me and don't disobey, like a doll.


I woke up eventually, taking a shower, ready up and go out to the kitchen. Seeing my mother and father in their pajamas and making breakfast, toasts getting served on the counter-top along with fried eggs. Their pajamas straight up horrid, I couldn't keep a plain-looking face cause of them. I always would cringe, and today was no exception. But something was a bit off, expect my mother's normal messy curled up hair. It was straight how I wanted, I remembered mentioning that to my mother. In an argument.


When they served dinner, I looked to the side, my gaze fixated on the beautiful girls passing by. Their hair down their shoulder, colours of a rainbow on their dress, their shoes the new brand selling in this year. They also had bags, the new one selling like yesterday, I knew they would be updated on it. They were my classmates, also known as the cool kids in school. Embarrassment clouded me as they saw me. They chuckled while walking off, I put my hands on my face; and screamed inside. My hands going off my embarrassed face, my gaze darting up to my parents. Suprise washed over my face as I was greeted by an unsmiling, dead-pan parents. I let my mouth hang open, my eyes slightly widen in surprise. It wasn't their normal goofy, idiotic face. It was similar to a robot.


That moment reality washed over my surprised face, it was unnerving to think my words would came true, no. I don't believe it. It simply isn't possible. How was it possible when it was just yesterday we were watching a movie? Even if we weren't having fun. This was utterly ridiculous. But I did wish for this, it's all my fault. If I didn't wish for it, maybe, maybe they would still be alright. But I knew it was just thoughts covering me despite it never becoming true. It was me trying to convince myself. Never worked.


Around the time noon came I finally remembered the party we were invited to, the cool girls invited me! I had to go. I promised myself so. I wasn't letting my robotic parents making me not go. Or more like my emotional state makes it harder. Quickly I ran up the staircase, grabbing my towel and taking a shower.


The bit of sharp water hit my face, my fingers on my neck as I thought about my parents again. It maybe fine since they obey my words, I could just tell them to not to make a mess and be actually normal. It was how I desired it, although this feels different. I took the towel and dried myself, putting on a purple dress with the black boots. Putting on mascara, lipstick and some light blush. I looked at the mirror to see myself, a smile spreads across my face as happiness washed over; subsiding the side emotions.


I felt pretty.


As the clock rolled around to 5 o'clock, we started to leave the house. I dressed up my parents, or more like instructed. Mother was wearing a light purple dress that fit perfectly on her, along with black heels. My father wearing a black suit with a red tie. Black shoes as well of course. If I remembered correctly, purple was the theme of the party. It was more of a get together but I didn't care, I wanted to have fun with the cool girls.


The party was normal, my parents being still and odd made their friend suspicious but fine overall. The cool girls passed by me, some of their gazes glanced at me. Shortly after giggling and leaving me. I shook my head and tried to not cry, putting my hands on my face and sitting down on a table which was outside. The party was inside the house so outside had less people.


I calmed down shortly after, going to my parents and saying to came with me. We went to home, not so long after arriving at the gawking house. Embarrassment and awkwardness clouded my emotions as I entered the house and sat down on the couch. Little by little, letting myself sob.


As the day passed by slowly, the ticking audible in my stun ears. My eyes glued to the old television, my robotic parents beside me. The sun slowly making its way down, the bits of light leaving the horizon. While I got lost in my utterly ridiculous thoughts, this had to be a nightmare, it didn't make absolute sense. And I wasn't about to be convinced this is normal. Out of reflexes I begin to fidget, it was an action I do whenever I get nervous or afraid. My eyes were blank as I tried to block my emotions building inside me. This whole thing is downright mad.


Dinner finally arrived when I didn't pay attention to reality. The moon was out in the play and the clock strike 9:00 o'clock. The robot parents spoke, "Dinner ready." His voice in a robotic voice. Not even similar to my real parents. I sat down on the table eventually, stopping to get obsessed with my thoughts. The lights hovering over our head flickered in slow motion, the atmosphere seemed eerie. My fingers tightly on the fork end, my fork poking at the spaghetti in a mannerless way.


The silence was so quiet yet I find it ringing in my eyes, my gaze darted over to the doll-parents. Once again letting my thoughts run unorganized. A chilly tear rolls down my frozen cheeks as terror took over,


I'm never getting my parents back.



June 30, 2021 03:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.