7 comments

Drama LGBTQ+ Romance

I woke up to the sound of my ear-splitting alarm clock. beep, beep, beep. "Is it Monday already?" I said sleepily. I got dressed and headed downstairs. "Good morning Honey!" My Mom said Flipping a pancake. "I made pancakes want any?" I sat down at the island. "Sure" She turned around and I saw the time "It's 8 O'clock!?!?" I said surprised. "Yes..." My mom said, confused. I shoved a piece of bacon in my mouth and ran out of the door. I was late for my first day of school.

~O~O~O~O

I stood nervously in front of the school. "Hi! I'm Ella you must be the new girl!" I turned around. Ella had long flowing blond hair, hazelnut skin that seemed to glow, Ocean blue eyes, and a great sense of fashion. "H-Hi, I'm Maxine, but I prefer Max" I gave a goofy smile. "Great! I was chosen to show you around for your first couple of days!" She had a smile that showed her pearly white teeth. "R-Really?"

After I finished my first classes we had lunch. "So. I was thinking, what if we went to get slushies after school!" "I'd love to!" All the other girls agreed. I couldn't wait to go to the mall with the popular kids! This was a dream come true on my first day. "And after that... We can get our nails done" All the girls squealed, I looked up from my lunch tray and met Ella's eyes for the first time. It was like we were talking with our eyes, communicating with our souls. My phone interrupted. Bing. I looked at it, Mom had messaged me. 'How's your day so far?' I quickly responded 'Great! I've made a lot of new friends. Can I go to the mall with them after school?' I waited for a response. 'As long as your back by 10'

~O~O~O~O

"Blue Raspberry please" I gave the cashier my money. "Thank you" I sat down with Ella and the girls. "Max?" I looked at Ella. "Do you want to do the group project together?" She smiled. "Of course" I smiled. "Okay, let's head to the nail salon!" Everyone got up, including me, and threw away slushie containers.

"What color?" The lady on the other side of the counter asked. I looked at my choices and chose a sunflower yellow. "This one please." The lady took the nail polish, and I sat in the chair and put my hand on the table.

"O.M.G, Max your nails are *A-ma-zing*" I smiled. "Yours are cute!" Thanks. She looked down, I could have sworn she was blushing. "I looked at the time. "It's only 5, I don't have to be home until 10. What should we do now?" Ella looked up. "We could go to my house and go swimming in my pool," Ella suggested. "That could be fun" All the girls agreed and we headed off.

~O~O~O~O

I opened the door quietly with my keys at 9:59 and quietly crept up the stairs to my room. I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop to study for a test, but instead, I opened Facebook and looked for Ella Stonemill. I found Ella and friended her.

~O~O~O~O

After a couple of months of going to my new school, one day I went to school to see Ella sitting on the curb, with a look of sorrow on her face. I jogged up to her. "Are you okay?" She stood up quickly. "Yeah, I'm fine why do you ask" She gave a fake smile, and I acted like it was real. "If you say so" I smiled back.Β 

Later when I was washing my hands in the bathroom I heard Ella on the phone. 'What if she doesn't like me in that way!" I knew it was wrong but, I went quiet and listened. β€œI don’t know Daxmin” β€˜Com’on Ella when have you ever let a little intimidation stop you from doing something?’ Ella sighed β€œYou’re right, I’ll tell her.” She hung up the phone and I quickly scurried out of the bathroom.

~O~O~O~O

"Hey, Max!" Ella called from down the hall. As she arrived at my locker she looked at my schedule "What's your next class?" "Oh, Um... Home Ec." (That was one of the two classes we didn't have together) "So, Do you have a date to prom yet?" I looked up. "Prom?" Ella rolled her eyes "Yes, prom!" I gave a nervous laugh "I-" The bell rang. "I guess I'll see you next period," I called running to class. She gave a small smile.

I put my books on my desk "Hi, Max." Sam, my crush called to me. "Hi, Sam!" I said a little too excitedly. "So, I was wondering, do you wanna go to prom with me?" He looked at his feet. I smiled β€œI would love to!" He looked back up at me "So, what color is your dress?" Crap I haven't picked a dress. "Actually I haven't chosen one yet." He sighed "Well if you give me your number you can text me when you choose one" I grabbed a notebook out of my desk and ripped off a corner, I wrote the numbers; 542-475-456.

~O~O~O~O

"How about this one?" Ella held up a long flowy red dress. I walked over and took it out of her hands. I went into the changing rooms and came out with the dress on. "I think this is the one, and it's on sale!" Ella grabbed another red dress, but it was shorter. I'll take this one, same price." We checked out and said our goodbyes.

Prom was in three days, so I went upstairs to find a pair of shoes to match my dress. "Flats are out." I dug deeper. "No tennis shoes" I picked up a pair of red heels "Perfect" I put them by my dress and looked online for hairstyles until I found the perfect one.

~O~O~O~O

Finally, the day had come, it was Prom day. I climbed out of bed and put on a short dress and headed to the salon to get my hair done.

after the salon, I came back home so Mom could do my make-up. First I put my dress on, then my heels, after that I headed to my Mom's room.

"Done!" I looked in the mirror, I looked amazing. "Thanks, Mom," I said, hugging her. We headed downstairs just as the doorbell rang. "Sams here!" Mom grabbed her phone out of her pocket. "You said no pictures!” β€œBu-” β€œI said no!”

As we entered the gym, I looked around in awe. "It looks amazing" Sam looked down at me "Just as amazing as you" I blushed. We sat around for a while until a slow song came on. We danced but something was wrong. it felt like I was dancing with the wrong person. Then Ella crossed my mind. This was all wrong, how could I not see it? I was in love with Ella. β€œSam… I’m sorry, I- I have to go” I knew Ella said she was in the punch corner, β€œElla, c-can I talk to you for a sec?” She looked up. β€œSure” She gave a smile.

β€œWhen I was dancing with Sam it didn’t feel right. I was thinking of you the whole time” I looked up at her. She studied my face for a minute then I felt her, Soft, Cold lips on mine. This is what I wanted, I never thought I fall in love with a girl, but I guess Love is unexpected.

December 15, 2020 17:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Echo Sundar
17:57 Dec 20, 2020

Awww. This story is so sweet!! Great first submission!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Elliot G
03:53 Apr 04, 2021

Interesting story! I really enjoy the development between the two main characters (Ella and Max) and am very glad for the happy ending:) A few comments: 1. When you write dialogue, you usually start a new line every time a different character begins to speak just so that everything remains well organized:) Ex: "Blue Raspberry please," I gave the cashier my money. "Thank you" I sat down with Ella and the girls. "Max?" I looked at Ella. "Do you want to do the group project together?" She smiled. "Of course" I smiled. "Okay, let's head...

Reply

Thank you! I will take note of these suggestions next time I post!

Reply

Elliot G
21:32 Apr 12, 2021

No problem:) Keep up the good work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cassia Savage
04:02 Apr 02, 2021

I really like this! (Also I read your bio, you’re 11? Me tooooo)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.