My story is titled the warrior Hercules does not want to kill the dragon due to some reasons.

Written in response to: Write a story about a warrior who doesn’t want to kill the dragon.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled the warrior Hercules does not want to kill the dragon due to some reasons.

Once upon a time there was a warrior by name Hercules. Hercules never wished to kill the dragon but his soldier Arnold the Barbarian helped him to wound and capture the dragon in a terrified fight.

The shield of Hercules the warrior held off the flame of fire from the dragon.

Whenever Hercules tries to strike the dragon his mighty sword fails him and by then Hercules was left actually unarmed.

It was then that Hercules realised that the pen was more mighty than the sword.

At that moment when the King needs about ten of his soldiers who came with Hercules flee in flight because they were scared of the dragon.

The noble warrior to stand with Hercules against the dragon was Arnold the Barbarian.

However, Hercules the warrior was the King of the Gears.

Also Hercules stood against the dragon he was the Gears future King and a symbol of loyalty within the social or political structure of the comitotus.

During the fight with the dragon Hercules the warrior raises his round shield against the dragon with a roaring flame.

At that moment, the dragon gathers it's coils ready to attack in battle.

Hercules also waited in his armour.

Again Hercules sword was given to him by his forefathers which was sharp and then shinning in his hands.

Hercules also fought the monster Grendel and the fire breathing dragon.

It was noted that Hercules had several encounters with the dragon.

There is a saying that Hercules noted that "He who fights too long with the dragon becomes a dragon himself.

The dragon was noted as a big lizard of some sort with wings that often breathes fire at all times.

During the fight with the dragon Hercules realized that the dragon does not possess the same strength seventy years earlier ,the dragon was a little weak.

Also both Hercules and Arnold the Barbarian fought the dragon together.

During the fight and the battle the dragons tusk pierces Hercules neck, that made the dragon unconscious.

It was at that moment that Hercules was able to capture the dragon.

Hercules had no intention of killing the dragon but to capture it and later tame the dragon so that the dragon will work for his kingdom in times of war.

The dragon was fire breathing and it melted the sword causing Hercules to battle without a weapon.

The blood of the dragon was also noted to be poisonous by then.

Hercules then attacks the dragon and then performs a deed of fame by actually wounding and capturing the dragon. The dragon often terrorizes Hercules kingdom by killing and causing wounds to alot of to he inhabitants.

Also Hercules risked his life by fighting the dragon. Hercules had no other option but to battle with the demon dragon. It was Hercules who discovered the dragons treasure.

Again Hercules is noted to be loyal, courageous,wise and strong.

However during the battle and fight both Hercules and Arnold the Barbarian were able to stab the dragon in the belly.

Also in desperation Hercules pulls a knife from his belt and then stabs it deep into the dragons flank not with the intention of killing the dragon but to capture it and tame it.

It sounds ridiculous as to how can Hercules tame the dragon.

Hercules did experience some trepidation in fighting the dragon.

He was by then worried that the dragon arrival in his kingdom and other countries was a mere punishment from God and he wondered what his fate had in store for him. The dragon ultimately symbolizes death at all times.

Hercules used his sharp and razor sword in fighting the dragon but it breaks down when he strikes the dragon.

Arnold the Barbarian stabs the dragon in the belly and then Hercules strikes a final blow. The dragon became unconscious and then both Hercules and Arnold the Barbarian captured the dragon.

Hercules fought the dragon with the help of Arnold the Barbarian because his men deserted him and also the dragon was terrorizing his kingdom at that moment. It was Hercules who wounded and then captured the dragon.

Although the dragon was very terrifying Hercules brought about ten men to capture and inject the dragon in order to tame.

The warrior Hercules does not want to kill the dragon because he believed in the old adage that dragons often protect countries, nations , and other communities in times of war when they are tamed.

The warrior Hercules made it a mandate to wound the dragon then capture it and tame it so that the dragon will become theirs in the kingdom and China which will protect them in times of war and help them to

win battles and wars against their enemies due to the fact that the dragon was powerful and has the roaring fire.

Hercules enters the lair and then tells the men to wait for him.

Also Hercules then shouts as he walks in and the dragon immediately awakes.

It was by then that the dragon for the second time immediately breathes fire over him.

Also it was Hercules shield that held the flame but his sword fails him.

At that moment, Hercules was left unarmed.

The nine of the eleven soldiers who had come to fight the dragon flee in fright , it was only Arnold the Barbarian who stayed.

The dragon attacks again covering both Arnold and the Barbarian in fire.

It was Hercules who wounds the dragon but the dragon stabs the hands of Hercules with his poisonous tusk.

In addition Hercules was also badly wounded but he fought the dragon.

Arnold the Barbarian also helped in fighting the dragon. Also both Hercules and Arnold managed to fight ,wound and then capture the dragon.

They kept and tamed the dragon so it will help them in times of war and other battles.

Arnold the Barbarian took Hercules to the doctor and water was poured on his wound the doctor diagnosed him and gave him some medication and soon he recovered from his illness.

Finally after they wounded and tamed the dragon ,the tamed dragon helped them in times of battles and the dragon became known to them.

Later both Hercules and Arnold the Barbarian lived happily in their kingdom by conquering battles and wars by the help of the dragon.

September 29, 2023 04:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.