4 comments

Drama Romance Teens & Young Adult

Hello my lovelies! It. Has. Come!! Mail Man Love part 2 is finally here!! I'm SO happy I had the opportunity to write this. Also, go check out my bio, I updated it, so if you want to take a glance, feel free. Do not stress, the other stories, will have a second part I'm just waiting for the perfect prompt. Please don't get mad at me if it takes a while. Well, I will be quiet and let your read. Enjoy!!!


"I take Caiden Anderson, to be my thoughtfully wedding husband, till death do us part..."


A year before...


Let me catch you up. I'm Susie Wells. I was engaged to the love of my life, Caiden Anderson, but it didn't work out. We ended up canceling the wedding, and just staying friends. We couldn't keep our vows. My mom called it a miracle, (I wasn't too happy about that). My last husband left me, right after he found out I was pregnant with his baby. My mom didn't want the same thing to happen to me. 5 months after our failed wedding, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Scarlett. Caiden still got to see her, and he was very happy about that. Now that you are caught up, lets continue with the story.


I sat at the table, with Scarlett in my lap, as I ate my oatmeal. I looked down at her, happy to see her still drinking her milk out of a bottle. Mom came and sat across of me, with her coffee mug glued to her hand.

"How are you doing dear?" She asked, taking a sip of her coffee, steam escaping the mug.

"Good." I replied, covering my mouth with my hand.

"And Scarlett?" She tilted her body to the side, taking a glance at the top of her head.

"Same as always." I sighed, taking another bite of oatmeal.

"I have a doctors appointment today, so can you watch the house?" She asked, getting up and pouring the rest of her coffee in the sink.

"You want me to babysit the house? And no, I'm going over to Caiden's." I turned around to face her.

"Caiden's? You guys were supposed to get married but you didn't." She grabbed her keys and shoved them in her purse.

"Mom, we were 20we weren't ready. You can't judge us." I snapped.

"Whatever. Get yourself hurt again." She turned the kitchen lights off and went into the garage.

I sighed and looked at Scarlett who was passed out. I took the bottle out of her mouth, sat it on the counter, and placed her in her baby swing. I buckled her and putted it on the slow setting. I grabbed my phone and texted Caiden.


Me: Hey! Do you still want me to come over?

Caiden: Sure!


I putted my phone in my purse, and lifted Scarlett out of her swing and turned it off. I putted her on my shoulder, and slipped on my shoes. I walked outside, slipped her in her car seat, and got in the car.


10 minutes later, we pulled up to Caiden's. Scarlett was wide awake then, with her pacifier shoved in her mouth.

"Look who is awake!" I unbuckled her and putted her on my hip. I grabbed my bag and slipped it on my shoulder. I locked the car and walked up to the door.

I knocked and it swung open, Caiden, with huge smile on his face.

"Hey Susie!" He said, opening the door wider for me to step inside.

Ugh, why was he still taller than me?!

"You are getting too tall." I complained, setting my bag on the floor. Scarlett giggled and reached for Caiden.

Caiden willingly, smiled and took her.

"Why hello there!" He said, holding her high up to the sky. I smiled, slipping my shoes off.

She giggled more, and grabbed his nose.

"Uh oh!" He laughed, rubbing his nose against hers.

I smiled sweetly.

Anne came up with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey Susie!" She said, wrapping me in a hug.

I grunted and laughed.

"Hey!"

She released me and ran to grab Scarlett. She threw her up in the air and catched her.

"Be careful!" I said, running to her side.

Scarlett's smiled wiped off her face and turned into terror.

"Okay, Okay. All done." I grabbed Scarlett and hugged her.

Anne laughed and walked away.

"Sorry about that." Caiden said, wiping his cheek.

"Hey uh, I have something to tell you." Caiden said, looking at the ground."

I sat Scarlett down and looked at him.

"What is it?"

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pushed his mouth against mine. My eyes shot opened. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and my eyes closed.

I ran my hands through his hair, still kissing him.

"I missed you so much." He mumbled against my lips.

"I'm so sorry. I love you so much." I said, kissing him again.

"Will you marry me?" He asked, holding my against his strong chest.

"Of course I will.."


7 months later

"I take Caiden Anderson to be my thoughtfully wedded husband, till death do us part." I smiled, gripping my hands to his. Nothing to tear us apart. Just each other.

"I know pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the-" Before he could finish, Caiden's lips were on mine, and mine was on his.


That's all folks! You cannot believe how much thought and effort has been put into this. I love you guys so much and will work on the other stories next week. Special shout out this week is Lalia Lavender, go check out her page, her link is in my bio! If you want a shout out next week, comment down below, #shout out. Maybe one of you will be picked. *Wink Wink*. Also, if you want to know what stories are coming out with a part 2, check out my bio! There are some juicy stuff in there. Again, thank you all for the support and love you have shown me. It really means a lot to me and my hobby. Make sure to follow me as I write every single week, (maybe twice). I am taking suggestions, so if you want to see me write something, comment it down below and I will get around to it. I love you guys sooo much and wish you a year full of peace and a Happy New Year! BAII!!



January 05, 2021 19:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Katie May
18:57 Jan 06, 2021

I want your guy's feedback!! Did you enjoy the story or not really. It just shows me what you like and don't like. :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nainika Gupta
18:09 Jan 11, 2021

Hey Katelyn - what a great continuation from Mail Man Love!! I really loved this simple, sweet story, and thought it really fit with your style!! Just one small thing, what was the vow that she made?? OOOH wait...was it the wedding vow??? in that case....it was perfect!! I just caught a few tiny grammar issues... ""Mom, we were 20we weren't ready." A minor issue, just spacing. "I sighed and looked at Scarlett who was passed out." was should be had (keeping the tenses correct) and other than else, AWESOME JOB!! -happy writing :D

Reply

Katie May
18:11 Jan 11, 2021

Omg! I didn't see that! Thank you soo much for telling me that! I tend to forget to go over it.

Reply

Nainika Gupta
18:12 Jan 11, 2021

No problem!! And yeah, sometimes I don't edit either :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.