6 comments

Drama

Where is Richard ?“ asked father to mother, ,you know what he did In the morning he told ,Mr William died ,I hurriedly ran to his house but saw Mr. William was having a cup of tea, he lied to me “.This was my every day activities  as a young boy of ten . Always pretending and searching to fool. Once I went to market , began running yelling on the road. “Dam is being broken”. People setoff with great fury.police men were themselves kicking off to safe themselves. Shopkeepers found closing. .Many fell in the rush. Some oldies fainted. News reporters exposing great panicky. News alert been splashed on the screen .Great hue and cry aroused. In the meantime ,heavy rain commenced and thunderstorm reverberate .scene became more havoc. At last high authorities appeared on the screen and rest assured of the situation .saw all this, ran quietly. Mother was significantly moved. “Why you always lie" inquired mother, ”nobody believes you”.I’m a story teller”.declared boldly. Story telling is not a bad thing,all of us like stories,but what you doing is lie and you are becoming source of trouble for the mankind, that day you went to Mr Wilson and told him that his wife is stucked in a whole on main road. He left work and went to save her,on reaching there ,saw nobody there came to me and grumbled , I felt embarrassed “.said mother ”I feel my self a hero to fool others I bluntly replied. ”You know one day we would all have to leave this world,we would be remembered long for our good deeds , love humans not only humans but also the animals .Once you beaten Mr Jackson’s dog ,You know Mr Jackson is a very humble man, felt very pity that day, I apologized , He said only one sentence that, is Richard your son I doubt he is not? There is another objection .you cheated that poor old lady who sells pop corn,you gave her a based coin ,you know it’s a crime and sin .”Mother narrated a story “a boy that cried “wolf wolf. ”NO body came for his help ,as he so many times pretended that wolf has come but there was no wolf. One day verily a wolf appeared , he cried for help nobody came to save his life and the wolf killed him. ”This is all concoctions ,I rejectedly said .All fall on deaf ears , always active to irritate the people of our town.The inhabitants started hating me.” Stories are not always true but it has a moral, to teach humans ,some story are true based ,it gives a great sense of life .Every body has a story in life but Richard your life story is very bad” .Mother said with tears in her eyes.Mrs Wilmer, in neighboring ,always said “Richard would be a great actor, he pretends called fire brigade “ Ritz cinema is on fire”. Fire brigade reached there they couldn’t find anything ,a cinema board depicting a movie ”on fire" tonight.  valiantly informed the police and said “officer ,I heard two men making a plan of a burglary in Mr David’s house to night.” The police men patrol the whole night but they couldn’t find any body, they went to Mr David .He was asleep,they woke him up and told what Richard informed them. ,Mr David told them Richard is a great pretender,nobody believes him. Next day Richard and father were summoned to the police station and were strictly warned .Mine frame of mind to wards school was not fair I was  struck off from the school rolls. .Then admitted in another school aired rumoure the teacher had an accident while coming to school so the school is being closed till further replacement .The parents rushed to the Head Master. School was open and the Head Master didn’t know anything ,all the teacher including that teacher ,were all present . Again struck off from that school. wedding of Mr Roger's daughter took place,Mr Roger was a miser,he didn't invite any body to wedding reception.I went church,Sunday service was on, announced that Mr Roger invited every body to the wedding reception of her daughter at 8 O'clock tonight."No,No,i haven't invite any body,dont come".screamed Mr Roger seating in service.He ran after me but he couldn't catch me.Richard’s father was also very perturbed .stopped communicating him” .Richard,you know truth is very beautiful.stop telling lie” expressed mother politely. “Mom, now pretending is stored in my mind ,its very difficult to to say truth, I wouldn’t change my habit” jestedly answered .Parents knew that this wrong and dangerous habit is growing very fast, on growing up ,he would start deceiving people and would become a great fraudster and he might be behind the bars.They didn’t know the solution. Every Sunday to be in the habit uncle’s house in a near by town, talking with Lina,my cousin,that father received medals and accolades showing gallant in the war.Linda, by touching her ears howled “you are a great lier ,my mom for bidden meeting you ,don’t come to us”. Branding furious ran after her.Days were passing by but my performance towards behavior was showering negative. Mother became pregnant.She was working in kitchen .All of a sudden She fainted and fallen down on the floor .I was home and became frightened. Father was not home .Ran to neighbors for help,they all closed their doors and windows on seeing me, shouted “Mrs Wilson,please help me, my mother is fainted she is pregnant” . They rushed me up . started weeping. After two hours,father came but now it was late ,she bleeded badly .Taken her to hospital. The whole night  standing outside the hospital , weeping and praying for her life.she underwent surgery ,Doctor’s did their best but couldn’t save her life. Flinching myself the real cause of her death . personally went to everyone and apologize. Neighbors were very sad because i bothered them a lot they half heartedly forgave. .After Mother's death we changed our locality but even in our new locality the neighbors didn’t mixed up .They were still thinking bad on me. This was a great shock especially to father but vowed to completely change myself .Knowing that people still refrain me but started participating in their sorrows and do their chores. started a small charity to help the needy but still people were keeping distances. There were still facing hurdles to proof myself a humble but knew to drive a long way. Despite this the pop corn seller’s old woman, which I always deceived by giving based coins,once indicated “man is liable to err,nobody is perfect in this imperfect world, You cannot appease every body,try your best ,don’t look towards people, satisfy your own inner".She was right by giving a new light towards life.Some times men become harsh to forgive a wrong doer,By tolerating and giving way to enhance is the only tool to mend a man's life............The END………..

September 18, 2020 09:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Rafay Babar
17:03 Sep 21, 2020

Excellent 👌

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Aziz
12:29 Sep 21, 2020

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Aziz
12:29 Sep 21, 2020

Nice story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zardad Babar
07:06 Sep 21, 2020

👍👍💯💯

Reply

Show 0 replies
Johar Iqbal
04:32 Sep 21, 2020

Wonderful

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:39 Sep 20, 2020

Good story

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.