2 comments

Drama Teens & Young Adult Fiction

Malitta

"Hey Eli wanna watch a Movie with me?" I say in my chill voice. Eli is my best friend we did EVERYTHING together but since junior high started she started acting different. I don't know what happened. She's now into boyfriends, Parties and even DYED her hair!!!

"What Movie do you wanna watch?" Eli said staring into my soul. she looked like I was gonna say something childish like...I don't know but whatever that look was about, gives me a chill up my spine.

"Maybe...FROZEN??? It is such a fun Movie!" I smiled, but Eli looked soo unimpressed like I was such a baby. I don't get it! she always watched Frozen, Tangled and Really funny Movies with me last year.

"Uhhh...I'm watching the IT with my friends wanna join?" Eli offered. But I don't stand a chance watching That Movie without an nightmare.

I needed to stomach my gut so,"That would be great I'd Love to watch that with you! thank you for asking." I cannot believe that I just said that! I felt Like I chocked on my own words!

Eli

I'm am truly surprised when Malitta agreed to join the movie. she is always such a baby! We are In Junior High we are older and when she is like that (which is EVERY DAY) my rep goes down. I truly don't want her to go to the movie with my friends! I just made some COOL friends. I need to make her cool so my rep doesn't get babied on.

"No problem, meet me at the theater at 11," I try to not seem to care but she looks like I said EVERYTHING like, NO you cannot RUIN MY REP!!!

"11pm? WOW that's late! how long is the movie?" she sounded like she was gonna Die because of how late it was. It isn't that late at all and I really don't want her to say what she said to all my friends that would be embarrassing!

"the movie is 3 hours long but If you can't come that is okay," I say that to hope she gets the hint to get lost and please don't come and make MY friends think that I am childish like her.

"No No that's okay My mom will probably let me. So cya at 11 at the theater right?" Malitta looked like it toke her, her all to say that. I am soo gonna pay for asking her! I could help her so she doesn't seem THAT bad.

Malitta

I am really getting nervous to go to the Movie. This is the FIRST time this YEAR that she asked me to hangout with her AND her friends!

"Mom? Is it okay if I watch a movie with Eli and her friends tonight?" I ask her this so she won't get scared If she doesn't know where I am. I know Mom has encouraged me to hangout with some people so I hope she is head on with this.

"Malitta, Honey of coarse you can go. what time will you go there and get back here?" Mom asked. I get why she asked this question, it's normal for parents to know where their kids are and what time they're coming back.

"I'm going to the theater at 11pm and coming back at 2am," When I say this It kinda feels like it is impossible to do it. this is for an important matter, so Eli doesn't think I am such a screw up.

"Don't you think that's kinda late for you?" Mom asked like she was reading my mind. It does seem really late but i'll find a way to make it happen.

"Nah, i'll have enough sleep to get me through tomorrow," I lied. I really think this is the only way to do this and if it means lying to Mom I guess I have to do it.

"Okay If you think so..." she looks at me like I am leaving her forever with her eyes swimming with tears, "My little Malitta is all grown up!" she is waling with tears and a small smile.

Eli

It just feels wrong...I don't wanna do this, but it's the only way to save myself and my rep. I'm standing at the front door of a...BAR with my brother! My brother is 18 so I asked him if he could get the most heavy alcohol drinks he could find! this would loosen up Malitta and make everyone cool including me. My brother said if he got this for me he wouldn't have to supervise. So I agreed to this offer. He finally gets out of the store and there it is eww I don't have a good feeling about this. My gut is churning at the sight of it. I am only 12 years old! I can't have alcohol. Maybe I don't but my friends can so they'll think I'm cool while I see how this goes. Next stop joshes house.

"Hey Josh? can you help me if I help you?" I ask feeling desperate. this thing won't work without Josh. Josh is my cousin, he is the same age as me and Malitta.

"Eli if I help you with your "cool" friend Drama will you do my homework for a week? Don't pretend that this isn't about friend Drama because we have been here before." Josh says flatly. I agree with his statement and I'd do ANYTHING to make this work.

"I agree to your terms so...could you hangout with my messed up friend Malitta for tonight???" I need him to do this so she would either leave early or not seem as messed as she is.

"Fine," he says, but he looks very unimpressed. I told him when it starts and ends so hopefully he's on time.

Malitta

I put on my red tank top and my tight faded out ripped skinny jeans for the night. I know by how Eli's reaction was that she wants me to look like and act like her friends so that's what I'm doing. I put on some cool makeup and bring my iphone. I am so Excited! I leave the house looking like Eli!! I don't know why but looking cool makes me feel cool. I make it to the theater and see Eli with a guy. Oh ya that is the only thing that we have different. I make it closer to Eli and when she sees me she seems surprised to see me.

"Whoa Malitta is that you?!" Eli sounded surprised and relived at the same time. Her eyes softened when she saw me like she expected to see a clown. At least she looked at me for once that she excepted who I am.

"Yeah it's me Eli," I say with Excitement. but after I said that It was like she remembered who I actually was. her eyes strikes with panic.

"Here Malitta, This is josh he is my cousin and he will hang with you during the movie," Eli said happily. My face Melted, she thought I needed a guy to be able to fit in! UGGGHH!!! why is she against me? All I wanna do Is have my friend back! she won't be my friend. I tried so hard!! I'm so Angry!

"Ok, Have anymore surprises?!"I say bitterly. I feel bad about this but I think Eli deserves to have her party crashed!

Not another word was said. I stomped into the party...Then GASPED!! There was Alcohol! why does she have Alcohol? we are way too young. haven't she learned what that stuff does?!

Everyone is Partying and drinking! OMG why are people under the influence of it! I am Leaving No friend is worth this. I am really disappointed and because this is against the law I'm sorry Eli but I have to call the cops.

"9-1-1 what's the emergency?" the person said. that is my Que I feel very sorry and don't know if I could blast Eli like this...I have to this is important!

"My friend Eli is throwing a party at the Dreamplace Theater and everyone is drinking Alcohol! We are way under the age of It!" I sound Panicked. what would Eli do after this. All I came here for was to fit in but, this is just wrong.

"What's your name?" the police person said. I am so Very nervous what will happen??

"Malitta Applebyte," I say. I wonder what I sound like to them and hope they think this is as important as I see it.

"Okay Malitta, we'll be right there," the officer said then hung up.

The Police officers make it to the theater very quickly. They know who I am outside waiting for them so they come inside. I show them where Eli and her friends are. Eli sees me and looks Irritated. her eyebrow twitches.

"Where is Eli" One of the officers said. Is Eli gonna be arrested? I hope not but I needed to do the right thing but I just feel guilty.

Eli raises her hand slowly before a tear rolls down her cheek. After that one tear several tears follow.

Without hesitation both officers put Eli in handcuffs. I did not expect that. she stares at me shallowly before looking away. It hurt so much to know that I ratted her out. the officers Dragged her out and when they passed me she whispered, "You're gonna pay,"

The Officers Tell all of Eli's friends the danger of Alcohol and how we are to young. thankfully no one else was pulled into handcuffs.

From this day on I will be careful on every action I do EVER.

November 07, 2020 17:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

I loved your story!!

Reply

Monica D
21:20 Nov 08, 2020

Thanks, you too

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.