My story is entitled Ananse had a love and hate relationship for his mentor.

Written in response to: Write about a character who has a love/hate relationship with their mentor.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery


My story is entitled Ananse had a love and hate relationship for his mentor. 


A mentor is a wise and trusted guide and an advisor. Also, a mentor is known as a wise man. The mentor serves as a teacher or trusted counsellor. 

Again, the famous Professor mentioned the young man during his years in graduate school as a mentor. The young man is a fine lecturer, but he dislikes mentoring. 


This means that Ananse likes and also dislikes his mentor who happens to be his lecturer and counsellor at all times.

One main reason why Ananse like his mentor is that the mentor who was a lecturer and counsellor is always there to guide and mentor him and his colleagues in various activities to become disciplined. 

people of our society. 

It is the mentor who often provides advice for Ananse. Also, Ananse often emulates his mentor because he finds him quite knowledgeable and learned in our society. 

The mentor also assists Ananse in making decisions and also enacting laws in our community. 

Ananse often had a love relationship with the mentor because she was respectful. Annases mentor Victoria Jackson offers him love and attention when she needs them most in life. 

Also, Ananse loves his mentor because she was a good mentor who definitely knows how to deliver feedback in a way that is constructive, kind and direct. 

Another reason why Ananse had a love relationship with his mentor was that the mentor seeks to support him, cheer him, provide feedback advice and help to define and reach your goals. 

Ananse has the advantage of being supported by the mentor.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Mentoring


Other disadvantages of mentoring is that Ananse might go through some sort of frustration. Another possible disadvantage is that in some instances the mentor may feel that the mentee is not progressing enough or does not seem able and willing to follow her direction, leading to misunderstanding and frustration.

While mentoring can offer alot of advantages to Ananse being some possible drawbacks that merits ones attention. There is an ease of Acclimation when mentoring. Sometimes mentoring helps to acclimate a new worker into a job.


Mentoring can be a rewarding experience for both the mentor and the mentee in the scenario of Ananses story.

  • Developing leadership skills: During Mentoring Ananse was able to develop his leadership skills by providing an opportunity to guide and support himself through growth.
  • Gaining new perspectives: Mentoring can expose you to new ideas, perspectives, and ways of thinking that you may not have considered before. Ananse was exposed to a new idea, perspective and other ways of thinking within the society.
  • Building your network: Mentoring can help you build your professional network by connecting you with other professionals in your field.Ananse was able to build a professional network through mentoring.
  • Personal satisfaction: Mentoring can be personally satisfying as it allows you to give back to your community and help others achieve their goals.

Again, Ananse through mentoring was able to give back tohis community.

and society.

  • Mismatched pair: If the mentor-mentee relationship is forced, such as when a supervisor assigns an experienced employee to tutor a new hire, it is possible that the two may not hit it off, or that the mentor may feel he doesn’t have the time to fulfill the role while still carrying out his normal job duties. The strained relationship can be counterproductive and even make the mentee feel he is not a welcome addition to the company.
  • Frustration: In some instances, the mentor may feel that the mentee is not progressing quickly enough or doesn’t seem able or willing to follow her direction, leading to frustration. The mentee may also become frustrated if she feels that she is not getting the guidance she needs.


Overall, mentoring can be a fulfilling experience for both parties involved. It’s important to consider both the advantages and disadvantages before committing to a mentor as Ananse previously cautioned and commented.

There are qualities of a good mentor that includes being good, hardworking, knowledgeable and outspoken.


While mentoring can offer many advantages, some possible drawbacks merit your attention. Advantage: Ease of Acclimation is an advantage of mentoring that helps to acclimate one into a job. Also, voluntary mentoring relationships are assigned and then it lacks structure about how mentors actually work.

Again, mentoring helps in fast speed of knowledge and also an increase in experience. Sometimes mentoring may facilitate the onboarding of some new employees.

Also, the confidence level during mentoring may increase at all times.

Also, Managers engage in mentoring during employee learning and development as according to Ananse. These Managers gain some benefits after being mentored.



However what Ananse admires about his mentor is that he is inspiring and accessible. Some mentors have the time to listen and also have a successful career. 

Again, Ananse had a love relationship with his mentor because he brought lots of work experience. 

The mentor can provide some constructive feedback to the mentees and support them through all areas of professional life. Mentors are also role models. 

Ananse had a love relationship for his mentor due to the fact that he has the attitude, character, professional competence, experience, communication skills and interpersonal skills. 

Ananse argues that mentors help individuals to navigate the big business world and then teach them what they need to do to get ahead. 

Some members have very limited view of their situation, and their answers are inevitably limited as well. 


Again, Ananse had a hate relationship for his mentor because of the time commitment required. 

Some mentors do not exhibit too much trust. Other mentors do not listen. Mentors do not give too much or too little advice. Mentors often criticize without offering any solutions. 

Some mentors also neglect and then ignore the mentees feelings. The mentor also makes assumptions about what the mentee wants or needs.  


Mentors cannot always take initiative for you. According to some mentors it is challenging to measure success without understanding. 

Some mentors dislike it because. 

They do not set goals. 

Also, they do not set expectations. 

Mentors do not always betray confidentiality and trust.


Finally, a mentor, may share with a mentee information about his career path as well as provide guidance, motivation, emotional support and role modeling. 


Lastly, Ananse experienced both a love and hate relationship that had a tremendous effect about his lifestyle and other activities during mentorship. He argued that mentorship has its own advantages and disadvantages within the community.

November 03, 2023 05:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.