5 comments

General

I see it, as the piano notes cascade down my ear canal leaving nothing but a vibration. A beautiful butterfly, golden like the fiery sun I fear the most, yellow like the silky hair of the boy in front of me and silver like the tears that fall from his jealous green eyes. Emerald like the drums he plays, slowly yet steadily keeping pace with my heartbeat. It flies freely. I watch and envy it as its elegant wings flutter in the distance, flying ever so high. My breaths are shallow as I lift my right hand up onto my guitar, the guitar he taught me to play in the sweet solitude of summer. The chords pull on his heart strings as what appear to be broken notes form into a nostalgic melody, I inhale as my voice get lost in a surreal instrumental world. As if I’m being lulled into an elusive yet pleasant false reality, where the sound of our music fills me with excitement. Its familiar, like I've been here before. Everything around me loses value as my voice follows every beat and my fingers follow every chord. My pitch follows every drop and curve in the tune and the gently falling sakura blossoms land in my messily styled hair. My head knows I don’t belong here but my heart longs to be here, to venture deeper into this paradise, and to be a part of it. As my newly honed skills are failing me, repeating again and again with the same mistakes. My fingers fumble over the different strings creating a distasteful sound. He’s laughing at me, in his usual mocking yet endearing way, until I finally finish, not half good nor half bad. I beam with a mixture of embarrassment and pride, the smile still plastered on his face. Only to later be destroyed by me. No applaud, as expected. Except one. Here with me, the blond haired boy raises his arms up towards the sky and cheers. pulling me into his embrace as i bitterly sob. I'm happy though. In the beautiful peak of summer, his warm arms release me from him as I clear my throat and begin to sing. My voice synchronises perfectly with his next to me as the fireworks above shatter into a million pieces, as colourful and as bright as our music, my heart pounds through my rib cage and in my chest. His no longer envious green eyes stare deep into mine and smirks knowing how I feel. My ocean blue guitar plays like sirens in his head and his ice-cold hands drum on in my head and on his instrument. Rose petal lips lay widespread across his smooth velvet face, as they slowly yet surely turned buck upwards into that same smile. Our music seemed as deep as the vast blue ocean my guitar was coloured and our synchronised breaths made my heart flutter. As my cheeks grow crimson and my mind almost goes blank, the melody leaves a tingling sensation in my brain. The heat from the stage lights are warm, so familiar yet so warm. Cosy almost, as the nostalgic yet blinding lights appear before my very eyes. The blurred, flashing blue and red lights never came into focus, instead they whirled me into a dizzy sensation. As my childhood dreams filled my head. Aspirations, hopes, all crushed. Waiting for me to reignite them, the sound of music fills my head. An elusive familiar sound rings in my ears. A song, I remember now, as the dark aura and the sickly-sweet voice lull me into a further state of trauma and security. Perfectly clear yet partially inaudible, probably because I wrote it, the notes still like a waterfall in my head falling in a cycle, unable to stop. My sleep is broken, like tiny glass shards. Deeper and deeper, stealing anything left of my awareness. The fear is causing my heart to beat like missiles falling from a plane, and my whole body to shiver. He’s Smiling, in his mocking yet endearing way, my mind playing tricks on me as I stumble across the same person again and again. His blond hair tapered in the moonlight, messily styled yet dashing and breath taking. I hear it, music, my sweet piano playing cascading in my eardrum. Familiar yet unrecognisable, a boy's sweet melody trickles down into my head as the sound of his guitar pulls on my heartstrings. The beautiful words assuring all the unsure voices left in my head, making me feel safe yet strangely scared It sends shivers down my spine as I find my lips syncing to the words My eyes quiver in my sleep as a blond-haired boy lays my head on his shoulder, his face seemed saddened as he calls out my name. My cheeks burn amber, his right hand gently caresses the side of my face and his finger run through my dark brown hair. He sings along with me, happy and content, or so he seems. As the beautiful forest hidden within his eyes ignites by the sounds of our voices. The sound. It lifts every single aspect of tension left within the air and reassures me that everything is fine. He passionally plays a red fiery guitar along with me, my deep gasps of breath almost stop as he stares into my dullened brown eyes now set alight by the fire trapped within his. My eyes begin to close again as the melodic tunes comfort me, its solely because of the music, causing my heart to feel at peace with my soul, and me to feel at peace with him. As if I’m walking down a familiar rode yet still quite unsure of what it will lead to. Yet my surroundings tell me to carry on, as the very few last guitar notes strum what seems like inside my ear drum, and the very last note is sang from both our lips’. I get closer and closer to end of the road where I long to be. The music I yearn to play and long to reach, ever so familiar yet ever so distant. I know it now, clearly, its mine and Yuki’s song. 

April 21, 2020 23:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Inactive User
23:41 Apr 25, 2020

Wow. Your story was truly amazing. It expressed a lot of feelings in it. Amazing. Keep on writing:)

Reply

Roxie ...
09:33 Apr 28, 2020

thank you! i also loved your story Dear my dark side, it made me visualise the story as if it had actually taken place

Reply

Inactive User
15:53 Apr 28, 2020

Thank you:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:17 Apr 30, 2020

This story is so heartfelt!! You are an amazing writer!

Reply

Roxie ...
21:35 Apr 30, 2020

Thank you, i loved your story "Simplicity" !!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.