0 comments

General

A once lively world was now canceled to live by a virus, driving everyone to stay inside, but not me. I returned to my parents’ home due to the cancellation of my college, to find what was a mere glimpse of paradise. I was becoming somewhat depressed and resorted to what only gave me a little passion in life. I began playing the piano in the living room and saw the walls crack open for a brief second, I thought I was seeing things from staying inside the house for too long, I propped up the window and saw the crack outside as well. I was eager to find this glimpse of paradise, no one knew about this mesmerizing split in reality except for me. I looked everywhere in the house; the basement, stayed in the laundry room, waiting in the kitchen, and nothing. A few days went by and I did not see the crack at all, I kept searching everywhere all over the house for it and the virus was getting worse and worse. Ended up being weeks going by, but then right before the sunset one day, my eye caught a glimpse of the crack again, out in my backyard. I opened the screen and dashed out to my deck, a nd stumbled. I got back up and realized I was not in my backyard anymore, "this could not be heaven" I thought. I looked around me, and it hit me that I was in an altered state of the Garden of Eden. Behind me was the crack and did not seem like it was disappearing any time soon. All around me were plants unlike any other, species that were of glowing matter, ones that were translucent, things of the unimaginable. I immediately took my phone out and started recording, taking pictures of even the simplest thing in our world, water. The water was filled with what words could not explain, the waters were filled with creatures of the unknown. Checked behind me and the crack in reality was still there, I noticed that the time on my phone was also frozen. I checked my camera feed to see when the last time I took a picture was, none of the pictures I took were there. I had to bring my family here, I needed to tell someone! I jumped through the crack and it disappeared, and life resumed as if nothing changed, as if I never left my home or reality. I actually decided to not tell anyone of this, except for my journal. The virus was still spreading and there was no telling when it would peak and finally be over, I wondered if perhaps the water or anything from the crack could cure or make a difference. Few days went by before I stumbled across the crack again, I was outside working on my garden and then as I turned around to grab my shovel, I fell into the crack of paradise, again. I wanted to see if my cut was healed when I was in this reality, and it was. I was back in what I considered paradise, this time I was approached by creatures of all shapes and forms. I wasn’t sure if I was in an altered state of the Garden of Eden anymore, but I knew I liked it. I started running around everywhere checking out everything, even what was under the rocks and roots of the ground. Under the rocks, there were critters, and once I dug underneath with my shovel, there were nothing but a warm hue of clouds. Freaked me out to begin with but, I took this adventure with a grain of salt. The creatures were astonishing, one was a marvelous walking stone, it had eyes of gem, and branches growing off its back that had dangling crystals on it. Interesting part was that you could see the life flowing through the creature since it was also translucent. I remembered that I wanted to see if I could take some water, so I got a little droplet and started going back to the crack, the crack was starting to close as I got closer. The creatures started getting hostile and making noises, obviously it was the droplet that probably ticked them off. I dried myself and took off my vest and dropped my shovel, then everything became peaceful. I guess things from this reality really wasn’t meant to be with mine, I looked back towards the crack and it reopened. It’s been almost a year and I shared this secret passage of mine with my family, no one was able to see it though except for me. My parents became concerned and wanted me to stop mouthing off about this nonsensical story, I told them I had no control of when the passage or crack would appear. I told my boyfriend and friends in hope of support, no one believed me. Since the crack had no effect in reality, I was able to go in and out whenever I wanted without my parents knowing. The crack of reality became more and more familiar with me as I was with it as well, the beings became more open and approachable, and I never wanted to leave. Whenever I returned to reality, the virus was always the center of the news and kept on spreading and spreading, I realized its pattern of only appearing whenever I was in distraught or a joyful mood. My parents working in the healthcare system developed symptoms of the virus, everyone in my family was distraught. This virus was not going to take them away from my life, not on my watch. I brought up the story one last time to my parents to believe in this glimpse of paradise. They did so and then all of a sudden, the crack appeared to their eyes and they were able to enter in with me. They were hesitant and scared, I told them not to worry and the creatures came to reassure them. After a moment, they realized that this was paradise and that I was not crazy. I looked back at the crack and it was still there, I told them that we should head on back, but they didn’t want to leave. After a good hour or so, we headed back, and they were cured of their symptoms. A glimpse of paradise I saw in the home was only a mere fragment of our imagination it seemed, that is until I was able to invite my entire family over into the new realm of paradise. 

March 28, 2020 03:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.