Rouge

Submitted into Contest #42 in response to: Write a story that ends in the past.... view prompt

3 comments

General

The End Of Middle School

Type: Trailer.

Alice and her friends are cleaning out their lockers and their stuff. Because school's gonna close for the summer. Alice is wondering that she and Rebecca are going to do summer stuff together, they've been friends ever since elementary school.


Alice: You ready for the summer?


Rebecca: Yep. And guess who's coming to our school to perform?


Alice: Who?


Rebecca: Here's a hint. Fancy hair, mysterious eyes, height of 163, good old clean voice, and she's the senior. And, she also goes to high school.


Alice: Who is it who is it?


Rebecca: Another hint, it starts with an A and ends with an A, And it starts with the G and ends with an N.


Alice: Aurora Goodman.


Rebecca: That's right.


Alice: (squeals).


Rebecca: Want to know what she's like?


Alice: What?


Both: (shouts) HAIR, BODY, VOICE, PA-BANG!!!!!


These girls are so excited to see Aurora Goodman at her school. Because she's gonna be performing for the whole summer. One of the most teens favorite Superstars in the whole wide world. She's not anything but something what makes her special.


Alice: What kind of hobby does she do?


Rebecca: She can sing an play instruments at most.


Then all the sudden another one of Alice's friends came around and said.


Anna: I heard a squeal, what kind of news we're having today?


Rebecca: One of Alice's favorite stars in the whole wide world.


Alice: It's Aurora Goodman.


Anna: I know what Aurora Goodman is like. She's very talented. And everybody's so excited to see her. They think she's a better singer.


Alice: Which is a fancy word word for a superstar.


Anna: So ya'll ready for the summer?


Alice/Rebecca: Yes.


Anna: Cause my principal told me to let both of you know that this is the end of the past.


Alice: Hold on, what's that?


Anna: The end of the past. All because we finished elementary and middle school right?


Alice: Right.


Anna: And right now when it gets to getting out of school. Were in the future today.


Like she said, the end of the past is for people busting out the doors and getting ready for the summer. And Alice want to know right now, cause she might think this is confusing. But it wasn't for her though because obviously she might think this is the end of the past other than the end of the future, currently is smothering her out, not really though, all cause Anna said the reason why this is the end of the past because, they were born first by their parents and then they're ready to go to 9th grade. Because right now, this is the future.


Alice: You saying this is the future.


Anna: Yes.


Rebecca: And also, you'll be having one of the greatest nights with her in the whole summer.


Alice: And just to let you know, Aurora is a high school senior.


Anna: Really?


Alice: Yep. And she might be something intelligent for some odd reason.


And just to let herself know, Alice is going to have a great summer no matter how hard it is and what times. Of course Alice will be going to the school back inside to see Aurora. Cause she might even have people in her group. Rebecca might tell Anna and Alice that they'll be going to the pool to find out where is she.


Rebecca: And just to let you know, Aurora, is going to college.


Alice: Really?


Anna: Yes. She's going to a college where she can perform or what you call it.


Alice: I literally can't believe it.


Rebecca: Hey, and just to let you know we'll be calling.


And then, she lastly told these to girls their final words because then, they were ready to go find that star and then wish her a good luck. And speaking of which, she and Aurora might be getting ready for the first additional moments of all their life. Not to mention, seeing Aurora by going to the store, mall, or the field trip. She is so fancy and she is going to perform one of the most song jams she never had.


Alice: Are you sure that Aurora is going to the grand opening?


Rebecca:What kind of grand opening?


Alice: Clang-O-Violet.


Rebecca:What's that ?


Alice: It’s a good restaurant where people could watch these teenagers play their songs, jams, and they can also teach you how to be creative as responsible.And they also have a lot of food where you can do anything you want with it...I mean that can make you your favorite food and they can make all sorts of foods. They always start breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner maybe. But the chefs they're going to have to deal with that stuff. 


Anna: And as a matter of fact I think Aurora might be coming too. 


Rebecca: I'm not really sure about that because obviously, I'm thinking She might be going to the Clang-O-Violet grand opening or she might be at the pool or someplace what you call it I mean her favorite places is the mall, maybe I think we might ask her when we get out of this building.


Alice: And just to let you all know we'll be going back into this building and we're going to be an encore.


Anna:And maybe the principal may be going to tell us where we're going to sit , maybe going to be at the front or what you call it .


Rebecca: Anyway is this girl coming to this building we're going to be like “how are you doing Aurora?” And then she might be all like hey I'm doing good.


Alice: And like I said she's one of the most favorite superstars in the whole wide world. 


A boy came around and asked. 


Lincoln: What are you girls talkin about?


Alice: One of my favorites superstars in the world, Aurora Goodman.


Lincoln: I think I've seen her since I was about 12 so anyway like I was saying my principal was telling you that all your girls felt alright cuz he heard a squeal.


Alice:Yep because Anna came along and then she said I heard a squeal what kind of knows we're having today and then I said one of my favorite superstars in the whole wide world Aurora Goodman she's going to be coming in on school this summer .


Lincoln: This summer I can't believe it.


May 16, 2020 17:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Zilla Babbitt
13:30 May 28, 2020

Here for the critique circle :). Cool story! I like the film-script feel to it, that's an interesting touch. At first I thought my computer had glitched with the extra-big font at the beginning! But it was a nice touch to intro the story and provide a little backstory. I think the only problem here is the every-so-often paragraphs of information. Truly I think they're not necessary, because a few more lines of dialogue would achieve the same effect-- information to the reader. Dialogue in the place of exposition reads easier and cleaner,...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cinnamon Pilcher
23:27 May 25, 2020

The end of middle school meaning is that both Alice and Rebecca and others have finished middle school. And then, they are ready for a surprise. Alice's favorite superstar in the whole wide world Aurora Goodman is coming to their school to perform in their stage. Alice was freaked and so excited. Vote for my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mala Moragain
19:29 May 28, 2020

I also came for the critique circle! I love this idea of it being set up as a trailer for something "upcoming". Very clever! I was hoping to find other stories. I hope you're just busy and not discouraged! Thank you for your story. It brightened my day! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.