0 comments

General

I took a deep breath and followed my husband inside his parents house. "Quincey! So glad you could come!" His mom gave me a big hug and took the pan of rolls from me. "I'll set those on the table. Why don't you take your coat off." Tom helped me take it off and hung it on the coat rack for me. He rubbed my back and ushered me into the kitchen. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." He whispered and kissed my cheek. We got into the kitchen. His Mom continued to cook and his dad and brothers were out back playing football. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked. "Well sure. Would you mind putting that salad together." She pointed to a pile of veggies on the counter. "Of course." "I'm gonna go play with them outside." Tom said and quickly went out before his mom could protest. We both chuckled. Mrs. Adams and I made small talk and quickly finished cooking everything. I set a few bowls on the table and stopped to watch the boys out back. "You raised an amazing son Molly." I said. "Oh, thank you sweet heart. I couldn't help but worry. But you know, you made such a difference in his life." "How so?" "Well, he used to beat himself up quite a bit. Didn't think he was worth much. Then you came into his life and suddenly his whole world just got brighter. You're the one I should be thanking hon." I gave her a smile. "Would you mind calling them in?" She asked. "Of course." I went outside. "Dinner's ready!" "We're comin' Darlin'!" Tom called. Mr. Adams threw the ball to his youngest, who caught it and cheered. The twins carried him in on their shoulders. Tom came up and wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked in. He gave me a kiss as we sat down. "Ew! Gross!" Quinton, the youngest, cringed. Everyone laughed. Suddenly, Thanksgiving with the In-Laws wasn't so scary.

November 27, 2019 19:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.