0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Drama Friendship

Friendship is priceless especially the unexpected one. People come and go, some stays and some choose to go away”

In the Philippines there are many public schools that anyone can attend wherein they can enjoy learning while having fun. In Lloren Elementary School of Tubao, La Union, there were six children that suddenly became friends. The Kid name Corrine is not sociable however she met these five children that change her daily life. When Corrine entered Grade 3, she met Mark and Chris. As a Kid, Corrine’s classmates are all hypers but she’s minding her own business. She’s not hanging out with them and Mark noticed it. since then, mark always teases her until he became her partner in dancing and he’s not living her alone. When they became Grade 4, Chris and Corrine became close friends because they became seatmate and Mark did not change, he is still teasing her and because of this, Corrine considered them as a friend of her and she starts talking to them. When they became Grade 5, their closeness became stronger and they met Hubert, Lyca and Jera.

It was when I am Grade 5, I found new friends together with Chris and Mark. Our friendship is ordinary however it is special for me because they are the only one who can bring out my hidden emotions. We are always teasing each other like there is no tomorrow. Every time that or teacher is making us copy what’s written on the board, we are always setting a competition wherein the fastest who can copy what’s written on the board will have the privileged to smack our foreheads and when we have examinations, we are making our own plan to help each other like touching the left ear means the answer for the question is Letter B, touching the hear means Letter A, touching the neck means letter C and shaking heads means letter D. It was still in our fifth grade, when our teacher made a strategy to make us learn more in mathematics. She decided to make us all answer the question in the board with a first six students. Since I am slow learner in Math, Mark is always doing naughty things to stay on the board until it was my turn and when it is my turn, he is slowly answering the math question and letting me to copy his answer. He is my savior in Mathematics subject. 

One day I arrived at school with a foul mood, wherein I am not in the mood to entertain the teases of my friends. I did not talk to anybody and Mark noticed it and in order to make laugh, he invited our male classmates to fall in line beside my seat. I still remember what he said, he said “uyy corrine, smile kan. Kantaan ka lattan (hey! Corrine, smile now. I’ll just sing a song for you) and he did sing “Baby” by Justine Bieber. Since he is singing it while the others are dancing in their own pace, I can’t stop myself to smile and because of that Mark pulled me up and dance with him. I am struggling with the dance but he did not let go of my hand, he is enjoying swaying my hands until we both tired. Since that day, everytime we are not happy, they are making us laugh especially when I am not in the mood, he is persistent in making up my mood and then Vacation came. I thought I will not see them since it is vacation but to my surprise, Mark decided to take his vacation in his cousins wherein it is near in our house. Every time that he sees me in the highway walking with my sister, he is always calling my name and make different faces that is making me laugh and one time while helping my mother in washing our clothes, Mark saw me singing and dancing in front of the washing area and he laugh hard. When it is another school year, he did not forget about it, he told it to everyone in our class and that is why they all teased me but when I am about to get mad, Mark told them to stop and he said sorry immediately. 

It was almost our graduation day, when we decided which school we will attend and what is our future course. Mark is the first one who shared his dreams, he said that he wants to be soldiers and because I am still young and dumb, I did not say anything about my future. We all decided to attend DROMNHS and we promised to each other that we will stay friends and enrolled together. However, one day everything changed. Mark lost his father and he avoided us completely. I tried to reach him out but he isolated himself wherein no one of us can reach him. I was really worried about him until we enrolled for High School but he did not come as our promise. It was the start of the class but still I did not see him but one day to my surprise he attended but somehow there is something that changed about him but I shake it off. I was excited to talk to him but when I was about to go to him and talk to him, he just walked pass by me with his new friends. it hurts me but still I was hoping that we can still be friends but sadly, he hang-outs more often with his new friends and I still did not know what is wrong. Until time goes by, we never talked again and it hurts me to think that maybe he doesn’t want to be friends with us again. I am much more affected by his changes because he showed me my other sides and he is the only one who can tame my different moods. My other friends think that it is okay because we are all changing but for me it is not okay since he became not only my friend but my brother.

Now, that I am third year college, I am still hoping that one day we will be friends again even though Chris is the only one who keep her promise. She stayed by myside. Jera and Lyca transferred in another school and Hubert also found new friends and we never hang out again. Even though it is still hurting me, I choose to hold with them. I choose to wait for them. I choose to be still their friend even they found new one, even they forgot the promise that we shared together. 

June 01, 2021 12:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.