Rambelings preceding Death

Submitted into Contest #170 in response to: Start your story with the line “I’ve got a plan”. ... view prompt

0 comments

Horror Funny Mystery

‘I’ve got a plan.’ Is what I would have said if I actually had a plan, sadly I did not possess something quite so magical. Perhaps it would have been the sane route if I had one. To first begin a plan and only then act upon it but I simply could not resist, so I acted without a plan. I was hungry you see, I needed to feed. After all what was the alternative here? I go on feeling hunger? No, no, no, no, no, no, NO. That was no option at all. Feeding it would be, so I went on with it, no plan, no weapons, allies. Just me. The lonely Nosferatu that I was, that I am. People always seem distant to the Nosferatu. It is something which I have never quite understood. Mortals were made simply so we could feed. Why this became something of a controversial nature I did not understand. Mortals should never have been giving all they freedom they now currently possess. It was the single greatest sin of the Nosfertatu elders. We were and still are the superior race. Alas the thoughts of one lone vampire did not matter here. and I was still hungry.

There were a couple of humans who stood before me. I was in the woods if I had not yet mentioned that. Not that it was of any importance I suppose. It did not matter where I was. It did not matter where the humans were. These ones were dumb children who could not be older then twenty five, all of them sat around their campfire…. Fire… That would prove troublesome. I wanted to suck the blood out of them, bathe in it. Play around in all of it. So that’s what I did, or well what I proceeded to do, had not actually done it all.

Humans were funny little creatures, always thinking they are the highest species on earth. Don’t have a clue where they got that idea. Probably because of the Nosferatu elders. It was their fault they first discovered our weaknesses, how people in power could be so careless I did not understand. Every single one of them should have been executed at the spot for their idiocy, none of them were of course. There is no such thing as justice, not even in the Nosferatu world. Humorous was it not? Justice. A word every single being alive, and dead knows about, but it has never been served because it does not exist, nor will it ever exists.

Those in power will always stay in power due to the fact that they are in power. It was a depressing revelation, but it was the truth. The painful truth was better then a comforting lie. At least that was what I believed in. If you happen to believe otherwise you are a simple minded fool and I hope death meets you soon.

Hunger struck me like a blade struck a mortal. I could almost taste the blood already. It would not be much longer now, soon my hunger would be gone. Blood of the sheep will have been taken. Their primitive lives forced to a close.

It was time to make my move on the human beings before me. So, I made the only move which I could, all without a plan. For other Nosferatu this would be considered suicide. Especially when the humans were sitting around a campfire. All that fire. So many possible ways I could be killed. There was a lot of risk going after them. But I had no care in the world. What would life be if everything were played safe? A rather dull affair would it not?

I slaughtered all the mortals, all but one.

The thought of describing the massacre of human souls that just took place was considered in my mind but ultimately, I opted to leave the whole ordeal out. It was much more interesting to focus on the last survivor of the massacre.

I stood before the last mortal, well she would not be a mortal for much longer but nonetheless, you understood perfectly what I meant here. Our eyes had locked. Her legs refused to move due to the fear that resided inside of her, it was the eyes which gave it away. Always the eyes.

‘Do you possess any last words mortal?’ I asked in great curiosity. They say that people show who they really are in their last moments, have seen it countless times before. Nothing could surprise me anymore. I had seen all the thinkable things humanity could offer me. The mortal proceeded to do the unthinkable. She dropped down on her knees, of her own free will. This had never happened before. I felt… I felt happy? Happily, surprised by this action.

‘Turn me into one of you, please turn me into one of you,’ she begged of me.

I was utterly flabbergasted. It was always interesting to witness how low humanity would fall. Was life really worth so much you would result to begging on your knees? Perhaps I was not the one to ask, after all I could barely even count as alive anymore. Seventy five millennium on this deserted rock drained all of that out.

But back to the matter at hand here. The girl was on her knees begging me to turn her into one of me, one of many, in turn it would make her less worthless of a being. Well not really since everyone was worthless because nothing mattered in this dear old world we were all in, beside the point. What would I do here? Every simple questions appears so needlessly complicated the longer one thinks about it. Perhaps actions should be performed in the future without giving them much thought? It was an interesting idea, one I needed to think more about.

Who knew what my future state of mind would be like? Ah yes, the girl before me. The last time a mortal was down on his or her knees was centuries ago. what did I back then? Ah yes but of course.

‘I am afraid that will not be possible my dear.’

‘What? Why not?’ the girl cried.

‘Because I have opted to end your worthless existence.’

November 04, 2022 23:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.