0 comments

Fantasy Fiction

Once a upon a time in an age where gods rule the earth, there lived a sea goddess who is the most beautiful and loved goddess of all time her name is Niamh. Niamh rules the seas with grace. Loved by many hated by a few Niamh is the epitome of the sea.


Niamh is worshipped by many, on land the people pray to Niamh for a good fishing season, good weather and on the seas, sailors and fisherman pray to Niamh for good weather, calm seas and a good fishing season. Niamh blesses those who are good to the sea.


Every fifth day of the month Niamh rises from the sea to walk among her people. Niamh disguises herself as a peasant woman so she can blend in with the people.


The fifth day has arrived. Niamh readies herself to rise from the sea, she gathers her maidens, and begins her journey to the center of the sea.


Niamh is at the center of the sea, with her maidens by her side Niamh slowly and carefully rises from the sea. The maidens watch as Niamh in all her splendor and glory rises from the sea.


Niamh has risen from the sea, she turns herself into a peasant woman, with her boat by her side Niamh rides the waves to her destination the little village of sea cove.


The people of sea cove have worshipped Niamh for generations. Each year during the celebration of the sea the people of sea cove celebrate Niamh for honoring them with the sea and a plentiful harvest.


The tales of the goddess has been told for generations, it says that every fifth day of the month Niamh rises from the sea to walk among the people. The celebration of the sea is a five day festival that culminates in a prayer for the goddess to show herself.


It is day one of the celebration of the sea, and it begins with the villagers decorating the village with pictures of Niamh and the sea, flowers are placed in every village home and the young ladies of sea cove dress up as Niamh.


As day one of the celebration of the sea is commencing Niamh dressed as the peasant woman walks around sea cove, she hear stories about her rising from the sea. Niamh tells herself "I'm here my beautiful, gracious people."


Music is being played everywhere in the village, the villagers have begun to dance, the children are running around pretending to be gods and goddesses.


Niamh from where she stands sees all the festivities, with a smile on her face Niamh joins in. Niamh dances with the unexpected villagers.


Day one of the celebration of the sea is drawing to an end. The villagers have gathered for a festive meal in honor of Niamh. Niamh takes part in the meal. Once the meal is done the villagers go home. Niamh goes back to her boat and sets up a tent.


The next morning day two of the celebration of the sea begins the same as day one. Music, dancing, the kids put on a play for Niamh. The village elders tells tales of ancient battles Niamh fought against evil sea creatures and her evil twin sister Nyx.


Niamh from a distances this time sees the play and is enamor with the children and the tales the village elders are telling about her are incredible and true. Niamh loves them.


As day two is wrapping up the villagers are preparing for days three and four when they will be praying to Niamh. Niamh returns to her tent, she is contemplating revealing herself to the villagers.


It’s day three of the celebration of the sea, and it will start differently than the previous two days. Day three starts with the village elders leading a precession to the sea where they will pray to Niamh.


The village elders lead the precession to the sea. The villagers bring with them idols of Niamh as well as the sea flower where they will place the idols in a circle and the sea flower in the middle of the circle. The village elders lead the villagers in prayer.


Niamh watches as the villagers pray to her, she moves in closer and hears one of the villager elders saying "dearest goddess of the sea we humbly pray to you to continue to bless us with your gift of the sea, to continue to protect us and to continue giving us a good harvest. Oh goddess Niamh we are here today to give you these gifts and our love." The village elders finishes speaking. Niamh continues to watch, now the villagers are moving around a circle chanting Niamh's name.


Once the villagers are finished praying they quietly go back to their homes. Niamh watches them go back to the village. Niamh approaches the idols, she sees how much the villagers love and adore her. Niamh knows the villagers are ready to see her, but she will wait until day five of the celebration of the sea to reveal herself.


Day four of the celebration of the sea is here, the village elders once again leads the precession to the sea. Once again Niamh follows the villagers. The villagers approach the idols and the sea flower. One by one the villagers gather the idols and the sea flower. The village elders lead the villagers into the sea where they put the idols and the sea flower into the sea as a gift to the goddess Niamh.


One by one the villagers young and old put the idols and the sea flower into the sea as they do this they chant "for you our goddess Niamh." When the last villager places the idol and the sea flower in the sea the village elders still in the sea say together "for our goddess Niamh who we love and adore."


The villagers once again walk quietly back to the village, the village musician playing the sea hymn on his harp. Niamh goes to the sea, she picks up one of the idols and sea flower. Niamh looks at the idol closely and knows that come tomorrow the villagers are ready to see in her in her true form as the goddess of the sea.


Day five, the final day of the celebration of the sea. The villagers wake up early, they gather at the town square, the village elders are leading the villagers to the temple of Niamh. Once again Niamh follows.


The villagers reach the temple of Niamh, they stop at the entrance, the village elders call the musician to the front, he begins to play the sea hymn. The village elders lead the people into the temple.


The villagers gather around the statue of Niamh, the musician still playing the sea hymn. The villagers bow to Niamh. Niamh comes into the temple, she takes off the peasant clothes, in her blue and green dress, her golden flowing down her back Niamh walks to the front of the temple, the villagers don't realize that Niamh is among them. Niamh keeps walking and when she is in front of her statue she says:


"Rise my people don't bow at my statue for I am with you." The villagers all rise and what they see before them shocks them. It is there goddess Niamh. One of the village elders comes up to Niamh and says "my goddess of the sea is it really you?"


"Yes it's me in my true form as your goddess of the sea."


The villagers are stunned, but happy to be in the presences of Niamh. The musician plays the sea hymn and they all dance including Niamh. When the musician finishes playing Niamh sits her people down and tells them:


"My most gracious people never again bow to me. When you pray to me, you will pray in my sea and all will be rising never on the ground for you have shown me that man is indeed good and pure. Now you will go with me to the sea and send me off."


The people go with Niamh to the sea to send her off. The villagers watching in awe as Niamh takes to the sea, they bid farewell and Niamh bids them a good season with bountiful fish, with those parting words Niamh descends to the sea.


The villagers watch as Niamh descends to the sea, they wave and cheer for there goddess. The villagers singing and dancing go back to their village of sea cove where they toast Niamh.


Over the years the villagers of sea cove continue to pray to Niamh. Niamh continues to watch over them and blesses sea cove with bountiful fish and calm seas. The celebration of the sea is still a festive occasion where on the fifth day Niamh rises from the sea to celebrate with her people.


Niamh the most beautiful and loves goddess of all time, protector of the sea, protector of sea cove and protector of mankind.



March 02, 2021 22:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.