1 comment

Friendship Sad Happy

That day was the happiest day of my life and a day to cherish, rest of my life .It was our friend Kimi's 3rd Wedding Anniversary and her daughter Soma's birthday. So It was the month of December with double celebration. Actually not, it was tripple celebration and tripple the happiness because we all friends were invited with our family by Kimi and her husband Rohan to join their anniversary and Soma's Birthday celebration. The date was 12th December .

 We were group of 15 friends.She had invited all of us. Out of which some could not come but surprisingly most of us managed to come. It was so exciting to see all gather ,9-10 years after our graduation. And that too with their families.I was overwhelmed. We all came a day before the celebration that is on 11th. so that we can spend time with each other.Me and my family came early morning, Suman and Diljeet came till noon and some friends in afternoon.But we all made sure that we would have dinner together.So merrily Raj and Amit took all the responsibility of arrangements in order to help the couple.They both were in kimi's town(Nagpur),two days prior. We all received the address via sms of resort where the stay was and also the party. It a lovely place where it was all greenary, fragrance of roses made the atmosphere cheerful and the rooms of wooden with all amenities including. Such a wonderful place to be with your family and friends. 

Talking and laughing the day was spent well. Nitin said its time to have dinner , let's go.we all knew that he is a food lover so we all laughed !! Ashu also said yes!! It's time for dinner, let's go.so all got ready and headed towards dinner hall.We all were having great time .The dinner was awesome!! As soon we all finished our dinner, Vivek went running towards the room and bought something in a box. On asking him ,what it was he said ,"My mother have sent caramel cookies for you all" Hoping you will love it!!

Nitin was one who just ran towards box to grab it .As soon the box opened the smell of cookies got all over .We all started having it . Really, Neeta Aunty(Vivek's mother)had made the best delicious cookies.while passing on the box I observed that Nutan was not having it . I felt as if she got upset and all of sudden she just walked away.All were shocked to notice that.

so I followed her and asked as to why did she walked away like this? She said nothing but the tears filled her eyes .At that moment I didn't felt right to ask her and so i told all other reason that she has got a headache .Then after dinner all went to their rooms to rest but I was restless .so went to Nutan's room, asking the reason for such a behaviour .On insisting ,she told me that after Post graduation when Vivek got placed in his desired company,with joy she went to his house to congratulate him. Vivek was out of town for some documentation work. So after a talk with aunty, Nutan thought of leaving. But before that Aunty asked her to have some caramel cookies that she has made herself for the first time. As soon she opened the container of cookies ,the room was filled with the smell of cookies. As Nutan took a first bite ,Aunty said to her "I wish that you and Vivek should get married. I always wanted to have daughter in law as you".So will you!! Before she could say anything . Aunty said that Vivek doesn't know about this but surely he would also love to have Nutan as his wife.She was shocked to hear that and was not willing to accept but seeing happiness on aunty's face she couldn't even deny. Because Nutan was raised by cousin paternal uncle as her father and mother died in car accident so she never got that love ,care , attachment which she received by Neeta Aunty during graduation and even afterwards.And so she requested Aunty to wait for her reply and then only to tell Vivek about this.Nutan also said that Neeta aunty would always fulfill her wishes.While telling this she was weeping. I didn't knew what to say at that moment but also was curious about Nutan's decision on marriage.

Before i could ask her she continued telling me that after 1 week Nutan called Aunty , revealing that her uncle has fixed her engagement somewhere else and she cannot say no to that proposal. Listening to this, aunty's voice got low and then she didn't say anything and put the call down. Every time when Nutan felt lonely , needed any kind of help ,Neeta Aunty was there for her. So when Neeta aunty asked Nutan to become her daughter in law ,Nutan could not say yes or do anything due to her family pressure.she was feeling guilty, mournful and felt that she has broken aunty's heart ,her dreams and her wish.

Thereafter neither did Neeta Aunty called her nor did Nutan tried reaching her ,out of regret for not doing anything for her.

 So today when Vivek bought those caramel cookies box and when opened the smell that got all over in air took Nutan to the first time she smelled it and all the memories to it just opened up which made Nutan sad.

She said that she even now was feeling pity about it. But I then explained her that it wasn't her fault ,it was the circumstances that made her take the decision .I ensured her that Aunty would have understood and agreed to her decision.

Don't be sad ,see you have your cute family and so do the Vivek. Please now forget all things that happen and cheer up as we are her to party ..and enjoy with our friends and family.

She Smiled and nodded head !! 

The next day was festival to us..as we all met after so so long!!...all were joyful, cheerful and celebration was like which we never had and would probably we shall never have!!

October 02, 2020 19:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Ashish N
16:52 Oct 10, 2020

Nice 👏 Keep it up

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.