High School sweethearts Prince and Jennifer coming across one another after many years apart.

Submitted into Contest #54 in response to: Write a story about high school sweethearts coming across one another after many, many years apart.... view prompt

5 comments

Romance

My story is entitled High School sweethearts coming across one another after many, many years apart. The story of High School sweethearts Prince and Jennifer coming across one another after many many years apart involves a reunion in a break up between the two couples. The object of my affection is my High school sweetheart . The couples after years apart finally found love with their sweethearts. There was a high school proposal between the two couples. The high School sweethearts were of ages Prince twenty five years and Jennifer also twenty two years were from Florida in the USA. Prince is an Accountant by Profession and Jennifer is also a Flight Attendant by Profession that is an Airhostess with American Airlines. Also both Prince and Jennifer were students at Lincoln Community School where Prince a grade ahead of Jennifer and he was also hopelessly in love with Jennifer. Prince even wrote a love letter about Jennifer when they were both in High School. Prince did not play hard to get which never worked in my favour ,he jokes and he is a little jovial. Prince and Jennifer were best of friends . Also both Prince and Jennifer went on to College and the same school but lost touch and befriended each other on Facebook in the year 2016. When Prince mother died two years ago , Jennifer sent him a message expressing her condolences and sympathy. Also a month later both Prince and Jennifer met for drinks. We also picked up right where we left off says Jennifer. Again "seeing her made me realize that there was something else out there for me". admits Prince who was in an unhappy relationship at that time. However soon after he separated from his family he and Jennifer went on a real date. Also within six months later, they were living together . Prince proposed to Jennifer and they got married in the month of July , because they were long time High School sweethearts. Almost about two hundred of their Highschool classmates were guests at their wedding ceremony. Also both Prince and Jennifer had the same interest they both love to cook, travel and got along really well in life and their business endeavour. Prince was adorable says Jennifer after meeting Prince after so many years ago since High School. Also Prince and Jennifer started dating at an early age when they were both in High School. Jennifer attended College in the United States of America that was Yale University. As can be noted both Prince and Jennifer were in a long term relationship and the two were kept in touch sporadically through the years. Again everyone knew that they will end up with him. They both needed to do the same life learning before I realized that too also. In addition it can be noted that Relationship rules to live by. "True love develops and changes over course of a lifetime. As noted what matters most is the friendship that sticks by your side no matter what and who encourages you to be the best version of yourself. Also both Prince and Jennifer attended Lincoln Community School as boarding students. Within the minute they met each other ,it was a surprise for both of them. Again the chance of both Prince and Jennifer meeting made them reunite after long time apart during their relationship in their infancy since childhood. . It is also noted that both Prince and Jennifer were in the same social circles. As observed Prince often times drove Jennifer home after church ,he sometimes "Will try to kiss me" , says Jennifer ,"It was very exciting ." After dating for years ,Prince proposed to Jennifer by taking her on a scavenger hunt of love to key places such as the beach, swimming pool, movie theaters , Restaurant and Hotels during their relationship. It is always better to come to a fight with empathy , compassion and love in a relationship. Again highschool sweethearts do attend Colleges and schools and engage in relationships. Also many Highschool sweethearts end up breaking up at some point in time, a surprising number of them end up marrying and establishing a new household. However, the average age of a first time bride today today is twenty six years old. Also it is noted that Highschool sweethearts engage in marriages after their relationships. In addition it can be noted that one fact can not be denied of those who marry their high school sweetheart because they tend to have happy marriages. Again as according to statistics one out of five people marry their Highschool sweethearts who earn a degree from College. As noted people who do not marry their highschool sweethearts earn a degree from College. Again people who do not marry their highschool sweethearts might be happier but they are less competitive in the job market. In addition marrying your highschool sweethearts is like marrying your first love ,creating a relationship of love. The biggest fear that parents have of their children marrying young as highschool sweethearts is that they will become a parent too early at a tender age. All marriages are normally between highschool sweethearts because it isn't a love for another person that they are feeling but a love of freedom freedom and exploration. Again relationships have have some sort of spiritual component and are much more likely to succeed, even if there are contrasting religions or spiritual emphasis in the relationship. It can also be noted by Research that couples who meet in school are less likely to divorce than couples who meet in any other setting or workplace. The problem with looking at highschool sweethearts relationships is relatively limited in our society. Apart from the fact that your sweetheart or your first love is your soul mate both of you end up in Marriage. People who search out lost lives when they don't marry their highschool sweetheart tend to come from homes where one parent was a alcoholic. There is always life with a highschool sweetheart . The feeling of a love lost is a feeling that needs to be repaired which is why a highschool sweetheart relationship takes a little time before Marriage which is one that can really last until they both come together in marriage. There are reasons why people date their highschool sweethearts as in the relationship of both Prince and Jennifer. Among them includes the fact that 1.They already know each other. 2. Also they share some childhood memories. 3. Always noted to be the best of friends first in High School. 4. Both highschool sweethearts share some common interests of some sort. 5. Kids also think it is always cool and good with such relationship on Highschool sweethearts. Finally, you can help to reconnect on your classmates through the following ways to get into contact with your highschool sweetheart. Among some of the methods in helping you to connect with your Highschool sweethearts includes Searching, Browsing year books, Reunions, Remember them and also do visit their profile online.

August 13, 2020 09:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Phil Flockton
10:52 Aug 20, 2020

Hi Prince, it seems to me that your "story" is a mix of a relationship history and social analysis with some "editorial comment" thrown in at the end. I really think that you should take a practical writing course - the basics. Future Learn has an excellent FREE online course - where you also get fellow students feedback. I think you will love it - I did. The more I learn of the techniques the more I enjoy writing.

Reply

Prince Brempong
11:32 Aug 20, 2020

Hi Phil Flockton, This happens to be Prince . Are you a teacher or an Author your critics sounded more of a teacher and you could not give me the appropriate website of Future learn . Phil ,am done with schooling , I do have a Certificate Diploma in Creative Writing. please be specific in addressing your self first whether you are a teacher or an Author before giving comments. We needs Authors to give us their comments but not teachers. Am done with school so many years ago. Please do give me the appropriate website for Future learn...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Phil Flockton
10:52 Aug 20, 2020

Hi Prince, it seems to me that your "story" is a mix of a relationship history and social analysis with some "editorial comment" thrown in at the end. I really think that you should take a practical writing course - the basics. Future Learn has an excellent FREE online course - where you also get fellow students feedback. I think you will love it - I did. The more I learn of the techniques the more I enjoy writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Parul Srivastava
10:13 Aug 20, 2020

Sweet story. Just that there are some grammatical errors, I'd reckon you run it thru grammar check before posting. Also, the sentences seem repetitive at places which confused me a bit. But keep writing,all the best :)

Reply

Prince Brempong
11:47 Aug 20, 2020

Hello Paul, Are you a teacher or an Author? You sounded more of a teacher to me than an Author in your critics and comment. Can you please indicate whether you are a teacher or an Author. We needs Authors on this platform but not teachers. The grammatical error might be from my typist who charges about five dollars for typing of each story and he is noted as one of the best, The best Typist also made a comment that there was no grammatical error what so ever but this comment my be from a Teacher of some sort from India ,Parul. Are y...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.