2 comments

Romance Fantasy Kids

PRESENT

I’m in my room looking out the window the beautiful blue sky and I dream about the future. I don’t know what I want to do again and where I’ll be in 10 years from now. I touch the window I feel sparks I’ve never felt and I close my eyes.

FUTURE

When I open I’m not anymore in my room. I’m in a nowhere where everything has gone. Only destruction, desert and a dark sky, no lights. I look to my left, my right, up and down. Everything is dark, lifeless.

“Jack” someone is calling me but I don’t see people.

“Who are you? Where are you?” I ask.

“I’ll be your guide in this world.” she said.

“But I don’t see you. Where are you? What kind of world is it?” Jack asked.

“This is the future of your world, Jack. You can’t see me but you can feel me. ” she replied.

“How is it possible? I only see destruction, lifeless.” I asked.

“If you don’t change your life, this is the future. I’m sorry Jack.” she tells.

Jack walks to look around and thinking the worst nightmare is living. He has so many questions, but they scare him to do them.

“I thought my future should be bright, I don’t know exactly what I should have done but I’ve never figured a future like what I see.” Jack said.

“You can rewrite the future Jack. Change your present and not only yours.” she said.

“How? How can I?” Jack asked looking around.

" Come back to your present, remember what you do in the present will have consequences, live your life as you dream, don’t stay alone, think what you desire and fight for it. And maybe you can change the future. As soon as we will meet us again. Now GO.” she said.

PRESENT

Jack opens again his eyes, and he is in his room looking outside the window thinking what happened.

“Oh my…. I can’t…. Maybe it was a dream? Who can believe me? Am I becoming crazy?” Jack asks himself.

He looks again out the window and sees a light in the sky and listen a voice inside himself “Remember what I told you Jack.”

He smiles, closes the window and go out from his house. He wants to explore the world but first his neighbourhood. But he sees his garden. A simple thing he has never thought about. He only sees ground, lifeless trees and nothing else. He looks again his property and enter again in his house and take the car’s key.

“Ok, I need to think to my future, to my things, so I start from now.” Jack said to himself.

He takes his car and goes to a garden store and buys every seeds, tree and all accessories he can use to work in his garden and a BBQ. When he arrives at home, he unloads all the purchases done and starts to work in the garden. He stops when the sky is dark and comes back home to eat, takes a shower and sleeps.

The morning after he wakes up with a little sense of happiness he didn’t know. He takes his bike instead of the car to go to work. The day passes quite, it really surprise their colleagues about the happiness of Jack.

“Hey Jack, what do you do after the work?” a colleague asked him.

“I don’t really know, Karen. Why?” Jack replied.

“You could come to drink something with us. It’s a long time you don’t come.” Karen replied.

Jack doesn’t know what to reply but he thinks again what the voices told him and “Yeah, why not, you’re right it’s a long time I don’t come. I need to apologize with all of you if I’ve been really rude and unfriendly in this last period with you.” Jack told to everybody.

“No apologize man” replied Diana, another colleague.

“If you want to apologize you can pay drinks this evening” replied Jonathan another colleague.

Everyone laughed.

“Ok. Done. I pay.” replied seriously Jack.

“I’s joking Jack, you don’t need.” replied immediately Jonathan.

“I want to. Don’t worry. So guys, come on.” Jack said.

They go in a pub near the office drinking, chatting and laughing.

“Guys, it’s late and tomorrow we need to come back at work, so I think it’s better to come back to our home and go to sleep if we want to wake up tomorrow morning.” Jack said.

“Why do you ruin this beautiful moment, Jack please don’t be stupid” Jonathan said.

“I don’t want to ruin the moment but it’s midnight and tomorrow we need to go to work. So..” Jack replied.

“Ok, ok, you have reason and however I was teasing you.” Jonathan said again.

Everybody said goodbye and they went to their home to sleep.

THREE MONTH LATER

Jake looked again outside the window inn his room, thinking about the last three months. His garden was one of the most beautiful in the neighbourhood, he started to go out with his colleagues and dating a colleague, Hannah. His was happy as he never had been.

FUTURE

“Close your eyes” a voice said.

He did.

“Open your eyes” the voice said again.

He did again.

“Whaaaaaat? Where am I?” Jack asked

“Welcome in the future, Jack” she replied.

“You again. Where are you? I want to see you, please. Tell me your name.” Jack said.

“With the right time Jack, I swear.” she replied.

“Tell me your name, can you, please?” Jack asked.

“Lisa. My name is Lisa.” Lisa replied.

“Can I see you please? Where are we?” he asked.

“No, it’s not the right moment, sorry. We are in the future as I told you. This is the new future, you did. You changed it. Thank you so much.” Hannah said.

“Now it’s time for you to come back to your present and please, remember to live how you are doing. Bye Dad.” she said.

“What? Dad?” yelled Jack.

“Yes, DAD.” Hannah said again.

“We’ll see each other when the time is right.” Hannah said.

“Bye sweetheart. See you in future.” Jack said smiling.

PRESENT

Jack closed his eyes and when he opened he was in his room, looked around, took his phone and sent a message to Hannah.

NEAR FUTURE

Six months after They got married and a year later was born their first daughter Lisa.

Jack took her “Thank you for what you did for us. I love you my baby.” and kisses her.

THE END.

September 04, 2020 21:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Crystal Lewis
12:40 Sep 09, 2020

Very sweet story. :)

Reply

SIMONA LEGGERO
15:06 Sep 09, 2020

Thank you!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.