Conclusion to Inception

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Start your story with an ending and work backward toward the beginning.... view prompt

2 comments

Adventure Suspense Sad

While she was inhaling her last breaths, she mutely uttered her last words… “I was deceived and misled in this consternating desert in which I am going to perish away. Never! Never trust anybody who you don’t perceive…” With these soft spoken last words, her distressed soul approached to the seventh skies. And Sarah, was unfortunately buried herself in the unmerciful and searing sand after laying on it for two bizarre years. This inflamed suffering just happened because of the victimized amulet! When she opened the tiny glossy bottle once arrived to the dessert, there was some kind of horrible mist coming out of it which made Ferren feeling suffocated. And after a brief while, she felt as if she was getting choked by someone! She tried to yelp for help but there was no one in that hollow desert. It was almost afternoon as Ferren was told to reveal the bottle at afternoon in an unknown desert. Something was peculiar about the desert though.

    Two years ago before when Ferren was perished away, She was lost out of nowhere! She fainted at a place she didn’t even know herself. She woke up after a long while and it was hard for her to actually realize that she fainted there. She wondered if she would go further because there was no chance of looking back-she was lost for good. She calmly started travelling ahead but found nothing but the beautiful and seductive nature and the presence of God, which mattered the most. She was almost going to lose her soft hope of a happy life until she stopped at a gloomy cave near some rough bushes. She felt kind of weird standing there and was dying to know what would be inside. Nothing, Ferren thought but she got shocked after seeing this all!

She saw a middle-aged man sitting on the rocky surface murmuring some gibberish. That guy had strange old things beside him. “Ahem” said Ferren slightly to get that guy’s attention. The guy slowly opened his dark red eyes and gave a grin to Ferren which gave her thrills and agitated sensations. Ferren was inquisitive about knowing that guy but on the other hand she had these uncomfortable feeling because she realized that it was not really a good idea to come here alone. “Well, who do we have here?” said the guy with a plain smile. “I’m Ferren” she told him, “and who are you?” asked Ferren confidently. “My name’s Ameek”. He said. He was a guy from the Sikh religion. “Why are you here alone?” asked Ferren confusingly. “I’m a necromancer!” said the guy with evil eyes. This gave Ferren horrible sensations. But for a minute, Ferren thought that maybe Ameek could help me get my life better. “What are you thinking little lady and why are you here at this time?” “What if I told you that I wanted a better life…? Can you show me a patch that it can be true? Asked Ferren with questionable sights.” “Well, I can give you a mild course if you want?” said Ameek while starring in the mess he had beside him. “Course? Okay… I’m fine with that” said Ferren with a blank face. “Okay so take this”. Said Ameek to Ferren. It was a gloomy bottle with nothing inside but a black mist. “It had a captured Ginny inside it for a century, A Ginny that can improve and tell you your future. You have to expose this bottle in a desert.” Said Ameek. “Ginnys? Ginnys ain’t real… are they?” Asked Ferren confusingly. “Only if you believe in their beauty of magic.” Said Ameek politely. “Alright, I am ready to do this just for the sake of my life”. “Well that’s good to hear…” said Ameek. To be honest, Ferren wasn’t a lady that could get fooled easily but this time, she twisted it all around just because she was unaware of the dark world she lived in.

          “Oh and where is the desert you told me about?” “Once its mid-afternoon the next day, the shadow of the bottle will lead you there.” Told Ameek while looking Ferren with strange sights. “Oh well… okay”? Uttered Ferren confusingly. While Ferren was leaving that dark cave, Ameek informed her to open it at exact afternoon and not before that. Ferren stopped for a while and continued to walk with no answer to that awareness call. Ferren no had no idea what she was doing though and it was all because of her carelessness. She lost some of her senses while she fainted off. She had no clue about what harm could that amulet provide her.

    The place where Ferren was lost and fainted was near her house. She ran away from her house to just relax for a bit. She ran to the dene where she built a small wood cottage, never mind when but had a very secret chamber behind it that was never known, well, she crossed a small lake and carried her beautiful soft feet on to the white rose garden where she picked up some big blossoming flowers and secured them on to her hair. Too much flowers- aren’t they on my hair she thought but as nice they looked on her, where now she was nowhere near her house. She laughed in traumatization, why- was unknown- she screeched and screeched for a whole hour! With those intonations in pain, in distress! Then all of a sudden, she started smiling, smiling in trauma, her tears crumbling and running hollow

         Ferren was suffering a lot from hardships and struggles with her life which is why she wanted something to change her life to a better one as before when she was younger. Ferren was almost eight when her parents died. She was very close to her parents especially her Father. Ferren was almost going to lose her impulse when she go to know about her parent’s death. She took a lot of stress and caught a wild depression too! She had an older sister named Sarah. Ferren used to live with her aunt and uncle after her parents passed away. She rather regretted living in her fake home, a home with unfaithful thoughts and black disputed yawps from her Aunt Annie’s daughter Nora. She was a very mean girl with a tongue full of distain. Ferren loathed and cursed her because she didn’t had nothing else to do but just screech abuses on Ferren that surely leaded Ferren to extreme madness. On the other hand, Ferren’s sister Sarah is being usually loved by Nora as she loves frolicking her blond long hair that undoubtedly irritated Sarah but so she was helpless due to her dreadful Aunt Annie.

          She was Risky yet she had a beauty that was inexpressible! Her polished hair and her gorgeous ocean eyes were inexpressible as they had fifteen deep and beautiful flairs inside, genetic from her father. Her collar bones as sharp as a needle, a perfect honorable figure just like her mother. Her cheeks blushing in red and beautifully shaped nose.  She loved white gowns and white colours as her father and the last time she got white flowers from her father a day before her father’s death. She suffered from trauma and died while revealing this deceiving world. Her name was Ferren…

April 16, 2021 10:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Huma Imran
14:32 Apr 24, 2021

Amazing story

Reply

Scarlet Hayshay
16:30 Apr 24, 2021

Thank youu! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.