0 comments

General

Me: “ good morning love…” 

I said to Carlo, while I was waking up seeing him putting his clothes on standing in front of a mirror, getting ready to leave for work. 

Carlo: “ oh you’re awake,… good morning, I really need to go now, sorry I can’t have breakfast with you “

He replied to me, picking up his bag.

Carlo: “ but, I’ll be with you for tonight’s dinner anyway, in our favorite resto, “

He added took a look on me and smile. He kissed me on my forehead and left, never did even tried to let me say a word.

(By the way, I am kylie. Carlo is my fiancé. We have been engaged for almost one year now. I don’t actually have an idea of what took us so long until we get married. I mean, I think I am ready for it, but of course it would be so much nice if both of us are. It’s Carlo who asked me for some more time to prepare for and bring our relationship into the next level. Anyway, it’s not really a big deal for me, what’s important for me is that we have each other and that we love each other.)

I didn’t get out from bed then, I just took a sit and picked up my phone.

(dialing a friend’s number... and then finally been picked up by her after a minute)

Me: " beshy, it's almost 8 in the morning and you aren't still up! "

Alessa : " hmmmn it's not that so late in the morning still, I bet you just got up too.. and then first thing you did is dial my number huh, what's up? "

She replied in a very lazy voice, sounding like she didn't even wanna talk to me at this very moment.

Me: " just wanna share something, do you know anything about a dream, like what it means when you dream about a certain thing? "

Alessa: " beshy what do you really think of me? something like a dream reader ha-ha silly one!, okay gonna put this call down "

Me : " oh no wait Alessa, seriously it's creepy,.. I keep on having this dream like there's a giant snake behind me, and it's likely swallowing my head from above... there’s something that my dream is trying to tell me "

Alessa : " like foreseeing an event through that creepy dreams of yours? this is so nonsense kylie, I should say, this all because you watched creepy movies like that the whole day, and your brain couldn't stop absorbing it, so then it's still running in your head even while you're asleep "

We both laughed…

Me: " yeah guess you're right besh... anyway what about availing salon’s services today, what do you think? "

Alessa: " well for that, I don’t think so I can be on the go today, I don’t feel taking care of my hair today besh, I’m so tired, I just wanna lay in my bed “ 

Me: " hmmmn okay,,.. are you kinda sick? Should I come and bring you some medicine? “ 

I replied, with a tone of worrying,

Alessa: “oh not really, you don’t have to, I’m fine, don’t worry, it’s just I am feeling lazy today”

Me: “okay as you said so,.. just call me when you need me to, okay?”

Alessa: “hmmmn okay…bye, have a good time being on a salon”  

She replied and turned the call down, and again I never even got a chance to say a word. My friend’s acting weird these days, maybe she just don’t really feel so well today. 

(By the way, Alessa is my childhood best friend. We used to be buddies in all stupidities since we were like 8 years old or so. Normally, I do really worry for her, since it’s a strange thing happening in her. She used to be always on the go whenever I called on her for a trip or anything, and this is the first time she refused on me.

After then, I immediately put the phone on the table in beside and jumped out of bed. I did take my breakfast alone and take a shower afterwards, then prepared to go on a salon.

I usually don't go out for somethings like availing services such as hair treatments on a salon without my best friend, but I just really need to do it alone for today because it's a part of my preparation for tonight's dinner. Which is a dinner before we celebrate our anniversary as fiancés. And of course it’s because I wanna look beautiful on my future husband's eyes. 

---------------------------------------------

I got my hair treatment on a Salon which is owned by one of my ladyboy best friends so it doesn't feel so alone like I thought.

Jansen: "hey, kyshy haven't seen you around for awhile now, great you're finally here again, I was starting to feel like you’ve already forgotten about me" 

Jansen said, left the customer he was in charge of and reached for me. He gave me a kiss on my cheek. 

Me: "oh yeah, I really thought I miss this bitch in here that's why I came ha-ha"

I replied smiling on him. 

Jansen : " hmmmn let me finish my customer for this moment ..and I’ll be the one to care of you then, just take a sit for awhile in there"

Me: " okay busy bitch ha-ha "

I replied laughing at him.

After awhile, his last customer got finished, I then took the sit. He started doing his job which I’ve been waiting for. 

Jansen: " so when are you lovers planning to get married huh? it's been awhile since Carlo proposed to you my dear "

Me: " oh, in that thing, I don't really know yet and I think I’ll be waiting for Carlo's decision in that "

Jansen: " that's weird, ha-ha you're the girl yet you're the one's waiting "

Me: " that's okay bitch ha-ha, we both couldn't be too much late for marriage anyways, and besides it's even better for me, it lets me get more prepared for it " 

Jansen: " well you have that point, I wish you both have a very nice married life soon anyway "

Me: " thanks darling bitch ha-ha ... by the way, do you know anything about dreams "

Jansen: " hmmmn what kind of dreams are you talking about bitch? dreams like being married and having kids? Ha-ha "

Me: " you're such a bitch sometimes, but seriously Jenshy, I’m having this dream about a giant snake trying to eat me from behind, I’m wondering what does that mean!"

Jansen: " Well... I should say, you shouldn't be asking me about such thing, since I don’t really have an idea about dreams,.. but you should talk to your sooth-sayer ha-ha,.."

me: " I already told Alessa about it and guess what, she told me the same thing "

Jansen: " oh yeah Alessa how was she? haven't seen that bitch for awhile now....."

Me: " hmmmn she's well, kind of, it supposed to be both of us here right now, but since she felt lazy today, so I came here alone "

Jansen replied with silence.

Me: "hmmmn anything's okay right there? "

Jansen: " yeah of course, was just finishing everything with your hair so that you'll look beautiful and that you'll be able to keep your future hubby forever ha-ha " 

He replied to me kiddingly.

After an hours of being in a salon I finally get my hair all done, shiny, straight and beautiful.

It's almost 3 in the afternoon when I left, since I too availed a nail care by Jansen again. 

Me: " so darling bitch, just gonna inform you when all are already settled up for me to take that walk onto the altar "

I said smiling at him.

Jansen: "okay bitch I’m really excited for that time to come hihi "

He walked me out and was a minute silence between us.

Jansen: " uhmn kyshy, I think you're having such dream because someone is back-stabbing you... I mean, probably someone is "

He said to me with a smiling calm face.

Me: " haha, don't be too serious with that stupid dream of mine Jenshy, that’s impossible to happen actually, I don’t even have an idea of who that someone is... but if they do then, there's nothings I can do about it" 

I just replied smiling on him. I took a step out going through my car , waved him goodbye and drove home.

................................................

Finally it's 7pm, it's the time that we’ve planned to have our dinner on Keto's resto, the restaurant where we used to celebrate special evenings. 

As I arrived, a crew reached for me and lead me to the table being booked by Carlo. I felt happy and special for that though. I waited alone on a table for almost an hour before Carlo arrived. I wasn't upset at all, since I already used to it. It would've even been a surprise if he made it so much earlier than I did.

I see him didn't prepared anything to look better at all, like changing his clothes. He just wore his office suit when he came. My future husband's looks so handsome in anyways though. 

Carlo: " sorry I’m late again...it's just that work--- "

He said trying to explain everything,

Me: " I know.... you're fine love"

I replied while I reached out for him and kissed his cheek.

We did have a really good dinner together then. A little talk about his work and things which made him so much busy even before. After an hour, we already got finished our joy of the moment.

Carlo: " So love, do you have still anything to do after this?"

Me: "hmmmn aren't you going home right away after?... well, maybe I will check on a grocery store for a bit and buy something for us at home"

Carlo: " of course I'll be at home right away after... just that I still have to do something so maybe I'll be home a little late again"

Me: " okay that's fine… I’m good at waiting anyway, "

Carlo: " so I gotta go now love, please be safe on driving,.. I love you "

Carlo said as he took a glimpse on his wrist watch. 

Me: "okay love, take care"

He kissed me on my cheek and then left right away.

That time I feel a little embarrassed, since it took me a little bit longer to wait for him and he's the one who is leaving early between the two of us. But that's another fine thing. 

------------------------------------------------

I drove going through a grocery store then. I was being careful in driving, took a look on each sides of the lane as I drive. Almost a kilometer before the big store, I saw my fiancé’s car being parked outside of an elegant café.

The cafeteria has transparent glass walls. I then stopped and parked my car, decided to take a look on what my fiancé is doing and check out who’s with him. 

10 meters away from the cafeteria’s door when I saw Carlo. He was standing beside the table placed on the side wall part of the cafe. A girl was with him, sitting on the other side.

I saw the girl stood up and kissed my fiancé. I was shocked when I saw the girl. Who was my best friend, Alessa. From then I knew that my fiancé was fooling me all along. Now I know why he wasn’t too interested on marrying me right away. Not because he is preparing for a great married life but because he’s out for someone else.

I see him didn't do anything. I felt so much pain that I immediately turned my back and head to my car with my tears falling.

I felt like I don't wanna sleep with him after what I've seen so I bought a vodka and went home to my parents. My mom tried to make me feel better by not letting me being drunk and gave me some parenthood advices about relationships.

Carlo called me after awhile.

Carlo: " love why aren't you home yet? are you okay? where are you?"

me: " hmmmn yes love I'm okay, don't worry about me, I'm at my parents house… I just missed mom and wanna sleep with her for now..."

There was a moment of silence between us in a call... and he heard a little of me crying in silence.

Carlo: " are you crying? I knew you weren't okay love... I'll come for you in there, you can't blame me of being worried about you, as you’ll be my future wife..."

Me: " No Carlo please, I can assure you that I'll be okay..."

Carlo: " Can you please tell me what just happened then? "

I posed for a minute and replied.

Me: "Carlo... tomorrow is our anniversary as fiancés.., if I mean something to you then please be early for our dinner only at home… I'll tell you everything when we're both there..."

I didn't waited for him to answer and quickly put down the call. He called me back for 5 times and I rejected those and tried to get my sleep as I am crying.

------------------------------------------------

And finally, it's time. I went home for today's tragic anniversary's dinner. As I entered the door, I noticed the house was so quiet and lights were not turned on looking like nobody was home. So I started to think that I was right, Carlo wasn't that really serious about our relationship, and that he gives no value on it, attending our dates late. I turned to the dining room.   

As I walked in, I was stopped in stepping in with what I saw, an elegantly romantic designed table for two, seeing Carlo in a white suit standing beside the chair. That surprised me so much. 

Only that one big candle placed on the table gave us light that time. That moment, I didn't already know what I would feel. All of the things that I've been thinking completely screwed my mind up. 

As I continue my step, Carlo reached for me. He kneeled down in front of me and said, 

Carlo: " I'm so sorry love… I let you waited too much, you know you're the best thing had ever happened in my life....(took a new ring out from his pocket) will you marry me again? please.."

He cried.

Me: " L-love,...I... but, "

I replied, I didn't know what to exactly say. 

Carlo never waited for my answer. He stood up, took my hand and lead me to my chair.

I took my sit. Placed within the table were not foods or a wine, It was all documents and paper works. 

He then took his sit too. He looked at me smiling. Something was so different with him, but I can't figure out. 

Carlo: " love,.. This documents are enough for us to get married, now I am all ready… I'm ready to take care of you and give you that kind of marriage you always wanted… (He took some of the papers on his hands), I got our own house, we don’t have to live in this old house owned by my parents anymore,.. I got our car all paid up, and we’re ready to plan for our dream wedding together, you can invite anyone you want…. and guess what? you should get ready for a trip to Hong Kong by the end of this month (I can see the happiness in his eyes. He was smiling while telling me those and he added) All I have, are all yours as well… this is how I loved you so much, sorry if I always came late on our special dates... and I’m sorry I’m always too late to come yet too early to leave..."

My tears all fell down when he told me such words, all the pain from yesterday’s vanished.

Me: " L-love.... " 

My tears were continuously falling…and my phone rung, I answered it. It was my ex best friend calling.

Me: " why'd you call for Alessa?" I answered feeling embarrassed and mad on her. Alessa was crying on the other line.

Alessa: " Kylie,...i-it was all my fault,... I wouldn't asked for your forgiveness for I knew I don't deserve it... but please believe me that Carlo didn't try to make anything behind your back,... he loved you so much, I'm sorry if I turned out to be your back-stabbing best friend...."  

I heard her cried for awhile and immediately turned down the call.

After then my mom texted me.

Mom (on her text): "Kylie, I've tried to call you so many times, I'm with Carlo's parents in City’s Hospital,.... I don't know how should I say this, but Carlo left us… he was stabbed and got killed by Alessa Dasner,... the doctor just declared that he's all gone. I am so sorry sweetheart"

I felt like everything was to drive me crazy, pain is so much killing me from inside. All I have now is the regret that I never tried to open up in him about the night I saw him with Alessa,.. then none of these things would’ve happened. 

The I realized that my ladyboy best friend Jansen was right about my dream. It was my ex best friend Alessa being the giant snake behind me. She, who tried to ruin my romantic relationship and took the life of my fiancé away.

Moral lesson: “You can trust no one in this world, neither of your best friends”

July 08, 2020 11:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.