0 comments

Crime Western Mystery

Looking out of the window Violet was absorbed in deep thoughts. She still had the question in her mind "why have those boys from the roadside stopped following me? They would always follow me or try to take away all my money, but past these days they have stopped following me, they don't even look at me. I know I should be happy but still it feels a little awkward."

Violet works in an insurance company for the past 4 years. She lives in an apartment which she shares with her best friend Eric. Violet had adopted siblings but she never had any special relation with them except for Luca who is a mariner. Luca always had a special place for Violet in his heart he loved her and always tried to protect her. Violet never felt lonely because Luca and Eric of course never failed to make it up to her. They were her only family left.

                Two days ago

                  Violet POV

"Can we have lunch? I am starving Violet!" Eric kept whinning for the fifth time.

"Just one more call it's important this customer had been disturbing me for the past two days" i said.

"Then let me go order our lunch and I can wait in the canteen for you"

"Okay go on, oh and Eric I want coffee with my lunch"

"Okay Vi"

With that Eric walked away from my desk. I sighed and dialed my last customer's number and had a disputatious discussion. With that I made my way towards the canteen to have lunch.

The beautiful radiant day ended with a grumpy rain. Eric and I waited long for a cab to arrive but not a single car turned up. We were standing there for another 10 minutes when Eric's phone went off.

"Yes dad?"

"Oh okay give me 30 minutes i am arriving don't worry."

"What happened?" I asked him

He looked at me with a tensed face "My mother has high fever, father needs me. Violet i am gonna stay at my parents. Is it okay with you?"

"Of course Eric it's your mother go your dad needs you."

"Okay you stay safe, don't open your door to any stranger."

"Yes sir!"

With that Eric walked towards the bus stop.

Luckily i found a cab. I payed the driver and as I was about to open my apartment's door i heard someone screaming from the lane nearby. I knew I can't fight people but I just can't ignore someone screaming and getting hurt. I ran towards the lane and saw 6 guys beating up a boy who was barely conscious. I gathered up all my courage and hoped not to get hurt.

"Hey leave him alone, you have done enough damage."

"Who do you think you are to stop us?" A guy spoke up.

"None of your concern, it would be great if you leave him alone."

"You are lucky we don't wanna kill you."

The guys left and I went up to the boy and tried to help him get up.

"Hey you okay, can you talk?"

"Yeah I am fine. That hurt alot."

"You should probably go home."

"Yeah. And by the way thanks for helping me out."

"No need to thank me i just couldn't ignore the fact of someone screaming and getting hurt."

"Thanks because the people who crossed the path before they totally ignored the fact of me being beaten up."

He called a cab and was about leave when he stopped around to say something.

"I feel so weak to tell you this but thank you for saving me today."

"It's okay go home safely and apply ice and some ointments on your face."

"Yes and you stay safe too."

And with that his cab left me standing in front of my apartment door.

The next day was the same usual one. Eric came to office with a smile that showed a sign of 'my mother is better now'. I was relieved that he was back to his normal self because his parents are his everything. He is scared to loose them. To make him feel better i planned to take him out for dinner.

"You really didn't need to arrange all this Vi."

"I don't care i need to make you feel better that's all."

We ordered our dinner and chatted till Eric clutched his stomach and told me to stop. I had to go to the wash room. When I was coming back i bumped into someone.

"Oh my god I am so sorry."

"No it's okay." I said and I was about to walk away when the person called out.

"Hey Violet right?"

"Oh you are that boy from the other night."

"So you here with somebody my hero?"

"My hero?" I giggled "and yeah I am here with my best friend"

"Yeah you are my hero you saved my weak bone from those guys."

"That was nothing."

"By the way I never introduced me to you, i am Harry i am the Crime lord's son of this city."

I gasped. Did I save the crime lord's son from getting beaten up? Oh god.

"Oh- that's something I never expected to hear, i mean-"

"It's okay I know you may think I am so weak being the Crime Lord's son." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"And yeah I know those guys from earlier also muddle with you but I think they will never bother you again after what you did."

"Ah that's confusing i can't even throw a punch."

With that we said goodbyes to each other and parted ways.

                Third Person POV

Little does Violet know that there's someone who has taken an oath to protect her till death.

"I am never letting you go. I will protect you with all my power i have. You are special, Violet."

He took this oath because he saw something special in her and he owed his life to her because she was the only one who saved him.

June 11, 2021 13:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.