4 comments

Romance Science Fiction Fantasy

*THUMP*

You know that moment when you get woke up from a deep sleep but don't know why or what woke you up? Trying to squint and focus my eyes, I grab my phone to see what time it is. 3:47 am, great. I lay the phone back down on my nightstand. I sling my covers off and sit up, because of course, now I've got to pee. Why does this happen? The first night in two months that I was able to fall asleep early, and for whatever reason, my body says, nope, not tonight, Daphne.

*THUMP THUMP*

I almost pee myself, "What the hell was that?" Switching on the lamp by my bed, I sit completely still to see if I can hear where exactly the noise is coming from.

*THUMP*

My eyes shoot up to the ceiling. The roof? That sounded way too big to be a raccoon or a possum. Living on your own is great and all, except for the fact you are the only one who can go find out what the scary noises are late at night. And living in the mountains, there is no telling what kind of creature is going to scare the life out of you. I grab my phone and start down the stairs. When I get to the bottom, I see a shadow pass by the front door. Who or what the heck was that? I stop and listen. When I don't hear anything, I start sneaking up to the door. My heart starts beating so hard that it's all I can hear. Come on, Daph, it's probably just a raccoon. I hear more faint thuds in the distance. Then I hear what sounds like something break on my back deck. "What the heck is going on out there?" I whisper to myself. I have 911 already dialed on my phone, just in case. I finally get to the front door and take a breath before I peek out the little curtain covering the glass on my front door.

*BANG BANG*

I let out a squeal and fall back to the floor.

"Hey, is someone awake in there? Can you please let us in?" That's a guy. Why is a random guy banging on my door in the middle of the night? What if he's a murderer? Wait, he said, us. There's more than just him. Oh god, what if I get gang-raped or tortured, or what if they steal me and sell me on the black market as a sex slave? Is this going to be like that movie The Strangers?

*BANG BANG*

Shit, shit, shit. I hit 911.

"We're not going to hurt you, we don't know where we are, and we're completely naked. Please! It's fucking cold out here."

Naked? Did he say naked?

"911, what's your emergency?"

Why are they naked?

"Hello? Are you okay? If you can hear me press a number." Oh, crap, the operator. "I am so sorry. I must've butt-dialed you." And I ended the call. Naked men are standing outside my door. This can't be happening. Am I dreaming? Based on the fall to my ass, no. I sneak back up to the door and have my hand on the deadbolt. "Why are y'all naked?"

A few seconds tick by, "We don't know." His deep raspy voice sounds strained.

"Just let us the fuck in, would you!" Another voice says.

"Shut up, dude. She's freaking out. She's probably here by herself." Yet another voice says. So, there are three out there.

 "Come on. We're not going to hurt you. We're naked and freezing, so we obviously have no weapons."

Weapons. Right. I look around the foyer and see my tennis racket. I grab it, take a deep breath, and whisper to nobody in particular, "please don't let me die or get raped." Then I open the door.

Standing there on my little covered porch are three of the sexiest men I have ever seen in my life. All naked and drenched from head to toe. They're all standing there with their hands covering their junk and shaking from the cold. Naked men are on my porch. Soaking wet. Am I dreaming?

One of them lets out a cough. "Oh god, I'm sorry, come in, come in." I step aside and push the door open to let them pass. As they walk in one at a time, I can't help but look. All of them look like they could've been plucked right out of a magazine. My eyes travel down their backsides to their feet and notice the water dripping to the floor. I shut and lock the door and turn around to all three of them standing there staring at me. Heat rushes to my face.

"Thank you for letting us in." My eyes shoot to the tanned guy with long black hair.

"It's fine. It's. You're welcome." God. I can't even talk. "Let me go get some towels." I head back up the stairs to my bathroom. My head is spinning. How is this happening right now? Why is this happening? Where did they come from? I grab three towels from my bathroom closet. Daph, they're going to need clothes. Do I have anything that can even cover them? I rummage through my closet and come up with nothing. I dig through my drawers and find some sweatpants. If anything, we can cut the bottoms off. Thank the lord I like to wear oversized t-shirts to sleep in. Oh no. I look down and suddenly realize I am walking around in my house with three naked men with just a t-shirt and panties. I quickly slip on a pair of sweats myself. I can hear them talking as I head back down the stairs.

"I don't know. All I remember is...". 

I step off the bottom step, "Here yuns go." They all turn around, and my breath catches. They're all so beautiful. The tanned one with long dark hair and tattoos looks like a biker. He's got deep dark eyes and massive arms. I hold out the towels. Each of them says thank you as they each grab one. "I also found some shirts and sweatpants. I don't know how well they'll fit, considering how big y'all are." I let out a little giggle. The Thor-like guy smiles, and I swear my knees bout give out. He's got blonde hair and beautiful green eyes.

"I'm sure they'll do for now." I look to the left at the tattooed 50 Cent look-alike. He's got tattoos covering his arms and even one on his neck. His big, luscious lips curve up in the sexiest smile.

I turn my back towards them to give them a little privacy. "What are y'all's names?" A few seconds go by. Maybe they don't want anyone to know who they are.

"Well, we can't remember our names, miss." 50 Cent look-alike says. Strange.

"Where did y'all come from?"

"We don't know exactly." Biker guy says.

"So y'all don't remember anything at all? That's a little strange, don't you think?"

How did they end up naked and in the middle of the woods at my house?

"What's even stranger is the fact we know we are speaking English; we are aware this is Earth, and we remember falling." Thor look-alike says.

I turn at this. "Falling? What do you mean falling?" By this time, they all have their sweatpants on. I wish I could take a picture because they all look like they're wearing cute yoga pants.

They all look at each other like they're contemplating whether to tell me or not. Thor steps towards me. Instinctively I take a step back. Crap, I put the tennis racket down somewhere.

He puts his hands up and says, "I promise, we are not going to hurt you. We are as confused by this as you are." He rubs his face and lets out a sigh. Good grief, how can someone be this gorgeous. "The only thing either of us remembers is falling." He looks me in the eye like he wants me to say something. But what am I supposed to say? I don't know what he means by falling—falling off a truck? Falling out of the sky? No. That's ridiculous.

He continues, "Falling from the sky." No way. How? Are they aliens? Oh my god, like Superman?!

My heart starts beating fast. "How is that possible? How could you have survived falling from..." Falling from where? "Falling from where exactly?" I know what they're going to say, but how could that be possible? Nobody could survive falling from a plane. But what if it wasn't a plane, Daph?

They look at each other, and the biker guy says, "The sky.". They all look at me like they're expecting me to laugh or faint or something. But I came to the realization early on that this whole situation isn't normal. Better to just roll with it and try to figure out what is going on. Right? Right. Did we even look up at the sky? I start towards the door.

50's look-alike says, "Where are you going?"

I turn to look at the gorgeous God-like men standing in my foyer dressed in my cute clothes. "None of us thought to look up. Maybe we can see something up there." They all follow me out the door. I step out from under the porch roof and into the darkness. When I look up, I don't see anything. It looks like a typical night sky covered in storm clouds. Thunder rumbles and lightning lights up the sky in the distance.

"This doesn't make any sense. I don't see anything but clouds." I turn to look at the guys. The light from the porch has silhouetted their bodies, but I can still make out their chiseled faces and broad shoulders.

I take one last look at the sky and let out a breath, "Let's go back inside. I'll fix y'all something to eat and drink."

We start walking back to the porch when I fill a sprinkle of rain hit my cheek.

*THUD*

All of us stop dead in our tracks. Oh no, not another one. I slowly turn around and squint my eyes; I see a dark figure in the yard slowly stand up. Lightening lights up the sky, and I see the glistening skin of another naked man. Thunder booms, and the rain picks up.

*THUD THUD THUD*

More dark figures appear in the grass.

*THUD*

I start slowly backing up. "Guys. What's happening?"

*THUD THUD*

Thor grabs me and pulls me against his chest, "I don't know, Daphne."

My head jerks up, "How do you know my name?"

He looks just as startled as I do. "I don't know. It just came to me."

The other two get in front of me as we slowly back up to the porch.

*THUD THUD THUD BANG BANG*

I let out a squeal. There's more landing on the roof. Lightning lights up the sky once more, but this time when we look out into the yard, there are more glistening naked bodies than we can count, and it doesn't look like the rain is going to stop anytime soon. Well, this can't be good.

September 23, 2021 20:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

John Hanna
22:07 Oct 02, 2021

This can't be good. Yep. Very funny, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reply

Evie Owle
03:08 Oct 08, 2021

Thank you very much :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Robin Gadsden
00:14 Sep 30, 2021

This is a very sensuous story. You have a future as a romance writer.

Reply

Evie Owle
03:08 Oct 08, 2021

Thank you very much :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.