47 comments

Friendship Sad Suspense

Hi guys. I realized that I've only written stories from a girl's perspective, so imma write one from a guy's perspective.

-T


AMONG_US_SERVER_301

THE_SKELD

WAITING_FOR_PLAYERS


SHHH...


ROUND_1

-CREWMATE-

"Shh! I think I hear someone!" Pink, my best friend, whisper-shouted. Pink and I were doing tasks in admin.

I heard a vent open and shut. The doors closed.

"White- if anything happens to me or you, I just want you to know-" but before pink could finish, she was killed. By Black. I stood there, speechless. My best friend had just been killed. I remembered that the Impostor had only 25 seconds before it could strike next.

As if on cue, the admin doors swooshed open. I scurried out and ran to the Cafe, smashing the red Emergency Meeting button.

Players rushed in, some with fresh beads of sweat dripping down their worried, panic-stricken faces.

"Where?" Red demanded, slamming his fist on the table, startling Yellow. Ah, Red; he was always the scapegoat in this cruel game. I wasn't sus of him, but I'm sure someone was.

"A-Admin. Black slipped through the vent unnoticed and killed Pink. I ran in here as fast as possible to call an-" I started.

"I was NOT! I was in Electric, fixing wires!" Black protested; her face expressed uncertainty.

"Proof?" Orange asked, his poker fave revealing nothing. A little sus...

"I was in there! W-with Pink!" I felt the presence of a ghost. I looked behind me. Nothing. But I knew Pink was there. Pink and I-we were like family. We'd been through so many rounds, never getting killed. Now I had no one.

"Okay, all say 'I' if you're voting Black," Red said with a glint in his eye. I squinted. Was he... crying? Black was staring at Red, a look of horror-no, not horror. Something else. Betrayal.

Then I realized- Black and Red were in love, and I think that Red knew Black was the Impostor.

I felt good knowing it, but then again sad their love story was ending on such a harsh note.

"White? Are you voting Black?" Lime said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh. Yes. I-I'm voting Black," I stuttered. I watched as the crying Red and Black hugged and said, "I love you."

Then Black was ejected, becoming a ghost just as Pink had.


ROUND_2

-CREWMATE-

"Orange, Lime. I'm going with you two," I declared in the Cafe.

"O-ok. You sure?" Lime had a look of uncertainty on his face. She looked at Orange, who glared at her. Lime quickly looked away. I could've sworn I heard her mutter, "Sorry."

"I think we'll just go on our own," Orange declared; he had that sense of leadership. I respected his choice. Either he was planning to kill Lime alone or he suspected that I was the Impostor.

Orange and Lime headed off to Navigation, leaving me alone.

I decided to go task in MedBay.

Walking in the entrance, I saw Brown and Green. Green was on top of the vent. Uh oh, I thought.

"Brown, I loved you. I was going to spare you. You just got too curious. I couldn't let you know that I was the Impostor."

"But I-"

"No. You betrayed me. If you knew I was Impostor, you would never love me."

"I do love you, Green!"

"Lies," Green shook his head. "All lies."

"Green! No!" Brown pleaded, but it was too late. Brown was dead. I ran over to Brown and reported, thinking, How am I not dead? I should have been dead a long time ago.

We were all teleported to the Cafe.

"Okay," said Orange. "White. You're getting a little sus. You've already reported twice."

"Because I've seen two people get killed!" I defended. Orange rolled his eyes. The nerve! "Green. H-he killed Brown. In MedBay. I was going to go scan, but when I walked in, Green and Brown were fighting, a-and Green killed Brown."

"Proof?!" yelled Green, a threatening look on his face.

"Bro!" I yelled with equal volume. "I was there, you idiot!"

"Hmph."

"Voting Green, say I," Red declared. Everyone except Green said, "I."

And as another round passed, Green was ejected.


_ROUND_3

-IMPOSTOR-

I knew I was Impostor, but I was not going to kill anyone. Orange and Lime let me go with them, despite any rising suspicions.

"Okay. Lime, you go to Security and check the cams. White and I will be in Reactor," Orange said. It didn't really seem like a question, but more a demand. I went along, not knowing who was the other Impostor. I had to be careful not to accidentally kill the other Impostor.

When we were safe inside Reactor, with no one else around, we tasked and shed a few tears for Pink. I couldn't hold my thoughts back any longer, no matter how much I didn't want to say them.

"Okay," I started. "I'm going to have to get a kill on Lime-"

"What?! You're the Impostor? I shouldn't have trusted you."

"No! It's not like that. I promise I'd never kill you."

"I-we-" Orange started sobbing.

"What? Is she your best friend? I understand. We're always getting our best friends killed." Pink's gone. That isn't funny. Do not laugh. "Your girlfriend?"

"No-my... my sister," Orange explained. "That's why I've been so protective of her. I didn't want her dead. You-you can't kill her. You just can't."

"Oh. Sorry. I didn't know," I apologized. "Should we tell her?"

"We're going to have to," Orange said, glittery tears running down his rosy cheeks.

"O-ok."

As Orange and I walked across the hall to Security, Lime was there, innocently checking the cams.

"Lime, I-I have a confession," I said, breaking the silence.

"What?" she asked, batting her eyes.

"I'm the Impostor. Along with someone else. I'm not going to kill you."

"Oh. I needed to know that," she said, a sly grin forming on her not-so-innocent face.

"Wait. Why?" Orange asked.

"Because I'm the other Impostor. And I'm going to kill you," she replied.

"Wha-what? No! Lime, sister! You can't Nooooo!" just like all of the other victims, Orange didn't have a chance to finish.

"Sorry it had to end like that, brother," she hissed.

Just then Yellow walked in.

"I- ORANGE!" I worriedly glanced at Lime. Kill her, Lime's face said. So I did.


_ROUND_4

I floated around a ghost, looking for Pink, my best friend. I had just gotten ejected; Lime threw me under the bus and blamed me.

Anyway, Pink was like family to me; we had been through deathless rounds together, telling inside jokes and sharing secret stashes of freeze-dried ice cream from Storage. I roamed around the Skeld, passing by dead Yellow and Purple reporting her death, not really caring about them anymore. I needed to Find Pink.

I was relieved when I finally found Pink floating around In Navigation.

"P-Pink? Is that you?" I stuttered. She turned around, revealing a crying face.

"White? White!" she yelled, scurrying over to me and squeezing my ghost guts.

"I missed you, fam," I told her, invisible tears streaming down my invisible self.

"Me, too," she sobbed. "Me... too."

She was like family. Pink was family.


_THE_END_

_CREWMATES_WIN_

February 02, 2021 20:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

47 comments

User_2443 0967
20:59 Feb 02, 2021

Hope y'all liked it! -T

Reply

Pippin Took
13:35 Apr 27, 2021

:O I loved it. It was so unique :D

Reply

User_2443 0967
14:49 Apr 27, 2021

Awww tyy! OMG I LOVE LOTR AHHH I WATCHED THE MOVIES THE OTHER DAYYYYY DSGFDOGJDFAGDF ARAGORN AND LEGOLAS SIMPPPPP FKLGJNDFS

Reply

Pippin Took
15:00 Apr 27, 2021

XD yeah i watched the first one with my bestie who wasnt seen them before and shes like "ooh aragorn is my fav" and im like "wise choice but ill always simp for legolas" xD in mah head of course XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:14 Feb 06, 2021

Amazing story! Oh yeah I read your bio 🍡

Reply

User_2443 0967
03:38 Feb 06, 2021

Ahah, thanks!

Reply

03:51 Feb 06, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Palak Shah
22:58 Mar 12, 2021

I love this among us story; it is one of the best I've seen so far. Good job !! Could you please check out my latest story and give me some feedback. Thanks :))

Reply

User_2443 0967
18:27 Mar 13, 2021

Yes, ofc! Tysm!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Phoebe DeNeve
17:43 Feb 19, 2021

That was a sweet story. I feel for white, because every time I'm the imposter I just don't kill anyone. XD 🍡

Reply

User_2443 0967
18:07 Feb 19, 2021

Haha saaaaame

Reply

Phoebe DeNeve
18:44 Feb 19, 2021

Do you think you could give some feed back on one of my stories?

Reply

User_2443 0967
18:45 Feb 19, 2021

YES!! Ofc!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
01:37 Feb 19, 2021

𝖁𝖎𝕮𝖙𝖔𝕽𝖞 𝕴𝖘 𝕺𝖚𝕽𝖘! 𝕬𝖕𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖆𝖞 𝖎𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖙 𝖔𝖓. 𝕴 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖞𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖑𝖚𝖓𝖆 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖐𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖏𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑𝖉

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:26 Feb 19, 2021

Thanks...? And, uhm, what do you mean? Lol I can't make out the words ToT ;-;

Reply

Maya -
13:28 Feb 19, 2021

Oop no one could read this, I should have used a different font. Oops. It says "Victory is Ours" idk why really it's just a message people are passing around on Reedsy. XD

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:31 Feb 19, 2021

Ahhhhhhh ok lollll XDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:38 Feb 04, 2021

I don't like among us, but I love sad stories, and now I like among us sad stories.

Reply

User_2443 0967
15:41 Feb 04, 2021

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THANKSS also I'm trying to figure out your riddle... I'm stumped

Reply

15:32 Feb 05, 2021

it's pretty hard

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:17 Feb 04, 2021

aaaaa tysm for the shout out in your biooooo!!!!!

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:22 Feb 04, 2021

Your welcome! No problem!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:00 Feb 03, 2021

and soooo goood

Reply

User_2443 0967
15:07 Feb 03, 2021

Thanks sis <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
14:28 Feb 03, 2021

I love these among us stuff people are writing! So entertaining, and this was one of the most well done ones I've read so far. Really great job! :D

Reply

User_2443 0967
14:46 Feb 03, 2021

OMG TYSM!!!!!!

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:13 Feb 03, 2021

My pleasure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amany Sayed
15:49 Feb 03, 2021

ALSO, 🍡

Reply

User_2443 0967
15:55 Feb 03, 2021

Mhm, ty!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Great story, as always! "Okay, all say 'I' if you're voting black," Maybe capitalize Black because your talking about a character. Great job! Keep it up, T!

Reply

User_2443 0967
14:14 Feb 03, 2021

Tysm! I really appreciate it when people notice the little mistakes. Thanks for the feedback! -T

Reply

Show 0 replies
User_2443 0967
14:15 Feb 03, 2021

Updated it!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
02:02 Feb 09, 2021

Hi Timber!!

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:32 Feb 19, 2021

lol Hey Luna! <3

Reply

13:34 Feb 19, 2021

:D<3

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:41 Feb 19, 2021

Heh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:24 Feb 03, 2021

Omg this is such a cool story!!! It was so entertaining and very well done!!! Amazing job!!! Also, to answer your name poll, I like Ambria, Alana, Harmony, and Juniper:D They're all beautiful names!!

Reply

18:25 Feb 03, 2021

One more thing, 🍡

Reply

User_2443 0967
18:41 Feb 03, 2021

Ommg, thanks!!! You're the only one that's responded to my poll! I think I'm going to use Alana.. Thanks!

Reply

18:42 Feb 03, 2021

You're welcome!!! Good choice!!!

Reply

User_2443 0967
18:42 Feb 03, 2021

<333

Reply

18:46 Feb 03, 2021

:DDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:59 Feb 03, 2021

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😍😍😍😍😍😍I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT SO COOLLLLL and its sooooo supencesful

Reply

User_2443 0967
15:21 Feb 03, 2021

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/2c7039/ Here sis

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:24 Feb 03, 2021

DUUUUUDE this is such a bizarrely creative story!!! All of the other stories I’ve read on this prompt are like heartbreakingly sad. Meanwhile, you got AMONG US and smushed it into a story!!! Which is so awesome. The end is so sweet and funny and noice. Anyways, great job, well-written! 😃 P. S. Awwww tysm for the shout-out in your bio <333

Reply

User_2443 0967
15:26 Feb 03, 2021

OMG THANKSSS! Your stories are amazing as well!! I actually wrote that story's rough draft as a chat, not a meeting; and it wasn't from anyone's perspective, so tysm! My pleasure... everyone needs to see your beautiful stories! <33

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.