0 comments

Adventure Fiction Latinx

There was this boy named Ethan Wood.He once lived on a boat when he was young. He always wanted to be a famous person. The most popular person at Ethan’s time was an actor called Jack White. He specialized in acting in action movies. Ethan wanted to be him so he will never be left alone in the corner during recess. One day, he saw his mum making beef, and suddenly changed his dream of being famous, he decided to be a chef. A few years later, he went on a cooking show and won. Now he thought he was some super star and started showing off. On a sticky day, someone asked Ethan if he was a chef because they needed a new chef. Well, Ethan’s face lit up and quickly accepted the offer. He can finally be a professional chef! On the first day of work, Elisa, the person who offered him the job, wanted to have a taco with yogurt for breakfast. When he was cooking, a lady bug flew in from the window and landed on Ehan’s cheek. Ethan tried to wave it away, but the lady bug just kept on flying back. Ethan was very annoyed, but the lady bug just wouldn’t budge. Then he called Elisa to get the lady bug off him. When Elisa walked into the kitchen she said, “Wow, you are actually very good at cooking.” Elisa said. It was clearly a white lie but you never know, a food that looks weird might actually be delicious. And then Elisa noticed the ladybug on Ethan’s face. She chuckled at the sight of the ladybug and let the ladybug crawl on to her hand. She then walked out of the front door and landed the ladybug on a tree. WHen she came back, she told Ethan to do just what she did whenever a bug landed on him. After that, we just continued cooking. After he finished the taco and the yogurt, all the ingredients inside the taco were spilling out. And the yogurt was also spilling. “Thank you, Ethan!” Elisa said with a warm smile. She really appreciates Ethan trying his best to make breakfast for her. After that, Ethan went to a convenience store which was his second job, he was a cashier and even though he can cook, he still buys lunch from the convenience store.  His boss, Jack, is an elderly man who is especially nice to Ethan. One day, he offered to take all the food and things he needed from this store for free! Remember I said Ethan liked to pretend he is someone he isn’t? Well it happened once again during Tuesday. He was on the way to work when a kid called out to EThan and asked if he was. The one who won the World Cooking Contest. Ethan did not. He only won the Town’s Greatest Chefs competition. But he wants to be iconic, so he said, “Yes, I am the one who won.” The kids stared at Ethan in awe. “Wow!” The kid said. After that, the kid kept on talking and following Ethan. Finally, the kid said, “My whole family is a whole fan of you! Can you please come to our house to visit my parents? They will be so proud of me. Please?” The kid begged Ethan. “Yes, what’s your name, by the way?” Ehan asked. “My name is Peter!” Said the kid. After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a huge house. The kid opened the front door and lef Ethan in. There were crystal chandeliers and a marble staircase leading up to a vast kitchen and next to it, was a living room with paintings in golden frames. Then, a couple walked out to greet Ethan. Then after just two minutes of talking, they hired him to be his chef and said that they will pay him a high salary if he cooks for them. Of course he accepted and after that, the kid named Peter was given a pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek. But then, Ethan thought about Elisa, but he shrugged it off and didn’t really put it in mind. Time went by fast and he already worked for the Jacksons, who were the people who hired him for 3 years. He tried his best to act like a great chef but the Jackson’s have their suspicions of Ethan. The reason is because Ethan’s food doesn’t look good or taste good. But they still kept him because they thought he would change and become better than ever. One day Peter asked Ethan if he was a real chef out of curiosity, and Ethan replied yes. After that question Ethan became more cautious near the Jacksons and he is still trying his best everyday. One day when he was cooking, a ladybug flew in and landed on Ethan’s cheek. That brought back the memory of Elisa. Now he decided to get back to Elisa’s and resign from the Jacksons. He decided to work for them for 1 more week. After that, he will move back to Elisa’s and restart his whole career. He will confess to her that he is not a professional chef and wait for her reaction. After one week, he gave the Jacksons a resignation letter and just went off and went to Elisa’s house to start a new life and career. After a few hours of walking, he arrived at Elisa’s house and pressed the doorbell. Someone answered and it wasn’t Elisa, it was an old woman named Ruth Wood. She said that a young girl named Elisa just moved to a new house near New York. Well, that makes things more complicated. So he took a plane to New York and handed people pictures of Elisa and asked them if they had seen her somewhere nearby. Then he saw an old man and showed him a picture. And he said that he knew her and drove him to a nice house inside, was Elsa. This was just the beginning of a life story. 

August 21, 2021 06:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.