4 comments

Horror Funny



The Devil sat on his throne as he looked up at the dark clouds through the nightclub’s open skylight. A fiery breeze kissed the side of his contorted, bearded face. The naked sweaty bodies of demons filled the nightclub’s floor and they were dancing to the beat of the deejay’s electro house club mix. The Devil groaned as he tapped his long fingernails on the pure gold knob on the top of his cane.



The creature lightly nodded his head rhythmically to the beat of the club music. The nightclub’s floor was transparent, and it allowed an orange light to shine up into the nightclub. The orange light came from a burning massive ocean of fire that was raging ten feet below the nightclub. A sweaty scent that kind of resembled the smell of old reused cooking oil filled the air. The body odors coming from dancing demons, who were dressed in the deceased bodies of men and women, aroused the Devil’s nose. The Devil leaned forward in his throne, looking down at a female demon that was walking up the steps with her hand out wanting him to take it. The nude ghastly skinned woman bowed before The Devil. She kept her hand out hoping he would take hold of it.



“Would you like to dance with me my Lord?” The demon, who wore a dead prostitute's body as her suit, asked the Devil through her British accent and a seductive stare, as she eased herself closer towards him gazing upon his beautiful tattoos and piercings. The Devil wasn’t much of a dancer, but he was tempted to learn some moves with the dead woman. The monster’s lustful serpent eyes scanned the woman’s body in the same fashion he scanned Eve’s body in the garden. The Devil took in the woman’s curvy hips and her pleasingly shapely breasts. He was about to take the woman up on her offer, but he was interrupted by one of his servants. 



“Lord, your wife wants to speak to you, and also there’s a dead soul who just entered the gates. They also want to talk to you.” The demon whispered in his master’s ear with his lazy eye wantonly looking at the female demon‘s breasts. The Devil growled as he slowly stood up from his throne twirling his cane. He slapped his servant’s hand when he saw him getting ready to reach out and take the dead woman’s palm. The demon had directed her invitation to dance over to the servant, but the Devil intervened. 



“What do you think you’re doing? Get back out there and guard those gates. I don’t want God's favorite Archangel slipping in here again.” The Devil spoke through a furiously deep rumble in his voice with his red glowing eyes almost burning a hole through his servant’s face.



“Yes my Lord.” The servant bowed quickly, moving away from the Devil in fear of death. The Devil looked back at the human disguised demon, giving the dead woman a lustful smirk while reaching out and seductively running the tip of his claw across the side of her neck. 



“I’ll be right back beautiful. Save the last dance for me.” The beast chuckled as he showed his fangs. He watched as the demon smooched at him before turning around and making her way back out on the dance floor. Her curvy hips hypnotically swayed from side to side as she walked back down the steps. The Devil wished he could keep his eyes on the woman’s attractive body parts. But the creature had to go see what his wife, who was Death, wanted, and address the sinner who wanted to speak to him. 



“Down here my Lord.” A servant said when he saw his master coming down the dark hallway. “Your wife is in there with the dead soul.” The servant continued guiding the Devil into the room where his wife stood over a frightened young man who had lost his life in a high speed police chase. The man was in his late twenties. He had a stylish tattoo on the left side of his face, and his white short spiky hair glistened from the death glow that surrounded him. The young man was horrified as he looked across the table at the Devil who had pulled out a chair sitting down in front of him. 



“What can I help you with?” The Devil folded his huge deformed hands while staring coldly at the man. The young man gulped as he looked into the face of the Devil, noticing that he was even more hideous looking than his wife and his servants, and a lot bigger in muscularity. The man never thought that he would ever see anything that looked like the Devil in real life. The closest thing that the young man had seen in his life that resembled the Devil was a monster he had seen in a horror movie called Silent Hill. The Devil’s wife, Death, was becoming impatient with the young man for not answering her husband right away. The female demon hissed at the man causing him to shiver uncontrollably from the beast breathing her warm breath against the side of his neck.



“Speak up, my dear! We don’t have time to waste!” Death hovered over the young man with her arms standing on each side of him, and her claws resting on the table. The Devil snickered a little and was amused by the fear in the young man’s eyes. 



“What is your name, son?” The Devil asked, becoming a little impatient himself. The young man finally opened his mouth knowing that if he didn’t get past his terror and try to say something, he would suffer great pain from the Devil’s wife, and the Devil.



“My name is Brian. Am I dead?” The young man asked with every well trimmed muscle in his body trembling in fear. Death found herself lusting as she stared at the young man’s exposed and heavily tattooed arms and his chest muscles pumping up against his tight fitting black athletic tank top. Brian’s eyes widened even more in terror when the Devil roared up a laugh while leaning back in his chair.



“So you want to know if you’re dead. The answer is yes, you’re dead,” The Devil told the young man, still laughing. Brian licked his lips before swallowing hard. His heart was thumping so hard against his chest that it was starting to throb.



“Is this hell? Are you the Devil?” Brian had the urge to throw up as he lifted his fearful eyes back up at the Devil, already sensing what the answer was going to be. The Devil stared pitifully at the young man while crossing his legs.



“Yes, my son. This is hell. I normally don’t like to be called the Devil. I would prefer to be called Pimp Daddy. I heard it in a rap video, and thought it had a nice ring to it.” The Devil started laughing again. Making fun of the lost and distraught expression on the young man’s face.



“I don’t want to be here! Can I get a second chance at life?! I know you have power! Can you give me my life back?! Please, I don't want to be here! I wasn’t ready to die!” Brian stopped talking when the Devil raised his hand.



“What were you doing before you died? You must've been doing something wrong. What was it?” The Devil curiously asked. Normally the beast wouldn’t spend a lot of time talking to a dead soul before sending him off to be tortured. But he found Brian to be quite entertaining. He laid his glowing emerald green cane across his lap while waiting for Brian to answer. 



“I was running from the cops. All I can remember is my Firebird going off the road and then everything went black.” Brian’s voice was trembling so hard that it almost made it hard for him to speak. “I did something wrong. I robbed a bank and I shot the security guard. The security guard was a mother, because she was talking to her son on the phone when I came into the bank and shot her before she could reach for her gun. I was going to stop running, and give myself up. But that’s when I lost control of my car. Is there any way I can go back? Can I repent for what I did? I believe in God, and Jesus, because my parents were Christians. I know I should’ve stayed on the straight and narrow. My mother would keep trying to get me to go to church. She kept trying to get me to go because she loved me, and she wanted the best for me. I should’ve listened to her. Can I receive Jesus? Can I go back? I know there’s a second chance. Can I go back and repent for my crimes and receive Jesus? I don’t want to be here. Please can I get my life back?” Brian pleaded. The poor young man begged unaware that the person he was pleading with was evil personified. The Devil was becoming so bored with Brian. That his mind started drifting as the young man was talking to him. The beast stopped daydreaming when he noticed that Brian had quit talking.



“I’m sorry, my son. What were you saying?” The Devil pretended to be attentive to Brian while cracking his knuckles. Brian’s face was soaking in sweat. The young man used his arm to wipe his face, licking his dry lips repeatedly and fixing his mouth to speak again.



“Is it too late for me to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior? Can I still repent for what I did? The young man sounded like he was getting ready to cry as he asked the Devil for mercy, staring at him through a piteous glint in his eyes. The Devil sighed looking up at his wife who was running her sharp claw across the young man’s snowy blonde hair.  



“Well, see here’s the problem, my son. You can only receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior in life. You can’t receive him in death. It’s too late. If you wanted to receive Jesus. You should’ve received him when you were alive.” The Devil told the young man, watching as all the blood drained from Brian's face. “You’re not the only one who’s been coming in here begging for repentance. I told other sinners repeatedly that you should’ve received Jesus while you were alive. God gives you chances to receive his son throughout your life. The problem with you humans is that you guys keep blowing your chances. God gives you many opportunities to receive Jesus. I hate Jesus. I can’t stand him. But let’s just pretend that I was human like you living as a sinner. You know what I would do if I had numerous opportunities to receive Jesus. I would receive him so fast that it wouldn’t be funny. You know all those things that they say about him. That he gives you everlasting life. That he’s kind and sweet. And extremely merciful and patient, and also even fun loving. That he’s quick to bless you, and slow to curse. I hate to admit this. But all those things they say about the guy are true. He‘s everything that I wish I was. But I‘m not. All those good attributes are not in my nature, unfortunately.” 



The Devil stood up from his chair stroking a long piece of silvery hair at the bottom of his chin.



“Even I would receive Jesus if I lived a human life. But not you people. You people are too damn stupid to receive a good thing while you’re alive. Then when you sinners die. You all do the same thing. You waste my f*cking time whining to me about getting a second chance at repentance. When you had your chance. The ones that make me laugh the most are the atheists. The ones that don’t even believe in Jesus and God amuse me. I’m the Devil and I believe in Jesus. I’ve experienced him and God. An atheist is the dumbest creature I’ve ever seen. When I was trying to tempt Jesus in the wilderness. Do you know what I’m talking about? That story in the bible. Did you read that?” The Devil asked Brian watching as the young man looked puzzled at him. 



“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve never really read the bible.” Brian said shamefully, wiping the tears from his eyes and watching the Devil laugh disparagingly at him.



“You’re kidding me. You’ve never read the bible? So you don’t even know about the story where Jesus fasted in the Judean desert for forty days and forty nights? Where I came and tried to tempt him with all the riches in the world. You don’t know that biblical story?” The Devil shook his head at the young man when he observed the clueless expression on Brian's face. “Let me put it to you like this, my son. When I was trying to tempt him in that wilderness. Just being around the guy made me feel good. His presence was inviting and pleasurable even towards me. I enjoyed his presence so much. I almost didn’t want to tempt him. You missed out on a good deal. You should’ve received him while you were alive. I know I would’ve.” The Devil paused for a moment as he stared down at Brian hatefully while leaning on his cane. “I am so tired of you humans coming in here and wasting my motherf*cking time.” The Devil slightly whispered out his words as he took in a deep breath through his skeletal nose. “You had your chance. Now it’s too late. You’re with me now, and your soul is mine forever.” The Devil smiled while looking down at Brian as if he was a slice of chocolate cake. Brian screamed struggling with two demons who had reached down, violently yanking him up from the table.



“Wait! Wait!” The young man yelled through his tears. “I want to be a boogeyman! I heard that the CIA is using them as assassins. I know that there are dead convicts, and criminals like me who used to be sinners that were brought back to life but they’re souls are like in between! They have powers! Can I become one of them?!” Brian was sobbing and pleading so hard that spit was projecting out of his mouth. The young man was desperate for some kind of way of escape.



He winced in pain from one of the Devil’s servant’s biting off a piece of his ear. The demon servant couldn’t wait to torture Brian chewing off a piece of his earlobe, and tormenting him early. The Devil released a soft chuckle as he gently tapped his cane on the floor. He slowly walked around the table giving the young man a deadly smile with his fingernails scraping across the steel surface of the table. 



“Do you have any military experience? Have you recently worked for the CIA? Have you been appointed by the CIA to be a boogeyman through black magic before your death? Do you have those qualifications?” The Devil asked Brian, putting his hands behind his back. Brian’s tongue froze. The young man tried to escape but he was already doomed. 



“I don‘t have any of that. I‘m just a convict.” Brian’s voice cracked as he broke down in tears. He listened as the Devil, his wife and all of the servants inside the room burst into laughter. The Devil gave his two servants, who firmly held Brian by his arms, the go ahead to take him into the fiery pit to be tormented. The Devil stood next to his wife.



The beast took hold of his wife’s hand as he watched his servants begin to chew on parts of the young man’s body. Death leaned forward and kissed her husband and she watched as the servants took turns tormenting the young man. She blew a kiss at the young man as the servants dragged him away. They pulled on his fingernails and hair while biting on his neck and arms. The demons cackled as they lifted Brian off of his feet, carrying him out of the room. The demons started to make their way down to the lower level of the nightclub where a door led down to the sea of fire that was going to burn Brian’s body for all eternity. 






The End.👹



March 03, 2024 00:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Mary Bendickson
04:06 Mar 03, 2024

If only all us sinners would receive the free gift of Jesus Christ as our Savior when we have the chance! See, even the Devil knows. Great message. Thanks for liking my stories.

Reply

Skyler Woods
04:11 Mar 03, 2024

You're welcome. And I'm so happy that you enjoyed mine!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Alexis Araneta
02:10 Mar 03, 2024

Oooh, so creative ! I especially like the first part. The descriptions are super vivid. Lovely !

Reply

Skyler Woods
02:12 Mar 03, 2024

Thank you! ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.