0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Count Fritz was no ordinary Count; he had the usual markings of a Tuxedo but with a little more. He had fangs like that of a proud Fritzula and his razor sharp claws were as pristine as the finest of kitty claws. Fritzula was also very proud of his 22lb stance. Lady Mama Wife would watch in awe as he strutted his stuff around the castle. But, a heed of caution, don't ever make mention of his shorter than average manly tail; it would only crush this Count Fritzula's kitty ego. 

Count was very proud of his Man King and would make sure all the duties of watching over The Great Wise Elder were executed with the upmost importance. Fritzula, knew this was of the highest honor of all Tuxedo Cats, and was grateful for this responsibility. He knew the importance of keeping The Great Wise Elder cared for, as he lost his Lady Queen and was heartbroken. The Great Wise Elder was also the true owner of the castle. 

Count Fritz also knew the importance of taking care of Man King. Man King would over work and forget to eat and rest and push himself too hard. It was Fritzula's noble duty to demand rest of the Man King. The count would trip up the feet of Man King, to get his attention.  Once Man King was in his King Resting Chair, and only then, could Count relax and spend time with Lady Mama Wife. Lady Mama Wife was Man King's Lady Queen, but being the Count that Fritz was, didn't realize the difference between a Fritz and a she-man and would sit on the floor with Lady Mama Wife and let her rub his Tuxedo Chest. This pleased the Count, and he would guard and protect her as only a Count Fritz the Tuxedo Cat could. 

Count woke up from his Tuxedo Cat slumber one morning when he didn't hear the great chimes marking the time to tend to The Great Wise Elder, and knew something wasn't right. Count Fritz frantically searched the castle searching for Man King, but, couldn’t find him.

 Man King had to travel to the far away, to tend to Man King’s only Princess, leaving Count Fritz in charge. Fritz knew immediately the importance of this task; he was responsible for the safety of The Great Wise Elder.

Lady Mama Wife would come to relieve the Count, to care for The Great Wise Elder, but only for a small time and Count Fritz would be saddened by her departure. Lady Mama Wife would make sure she took the time to rub the Counts furry Tuxedo chest. 

Count Fritz knew, even though he had no sense of time and didn’t know when Man King was coming back; he still had to tend to his duties, only as A Tuxedo Cat could.  

 This was a much larger task for The Tuxedo Cat with Fangs, and he was having unpleasant thoughts for Man King, and immediately felt much shame. Count Fritz could not understand why Man King left him and Lady Mama Wife alone in the castle and upon his return; Man King would surely get a licking from the Count!

You see, Princess and her offspring were attacked by the Black Heart Army and they took her precious jewels and gold pieces. Man King had to fight the Army and get her cherished reserves back to her kingdom and to defend her Honor.

The Black Heart Army was not an army to mess with. They had no sense of or wrong and didn’t care about anyone else but, themselves. Any one they crossed paths with, the Black Heart Army would surely take anything they can get their steely little hands on.

The tale that was told of the Black Heart Army was of unimaginable ruthless acts of crime. The folklore also told of the weapons they bargained their souls with the evil Ms. Heiness, the Dragon Witch. The weapons were swords from the underworld, and at the will of the men from the Black Heart Army, would immediately slay with one swing of the magic evil sword. 

Man King battled the Army all by himself, but, he wasn’t afraid of the Army and their magic evil swords; because Man King had the one true Magic Sword that was from the Fairy of Goodness that came from the land of Blue Sky. Fairy of Goodness came to Man King in a dream…. She told him of his great duty to protect the realm of the Outer Beyond; he must fight the evil doers, which included the Black Heart Army.

When Man King awoke from his dream, he found the Magic Sword of Guardians wrapped in a fine leather cloth lying on his hearth. He knew immediately where it came from, and his calling to protect the realm. 

Man King raced up to the hideout of the Black Heart Army on his Trusty steed named Bayard, and pulled out the Moonstone jeweled magic sword of the Guardians and he swung with all his might and the Army fell like a house of cards and their horses ran off to the faraway land that horses play. Where the grass smelled sweet and there was plenty of hay and fresh water flowing from streams of rainbows for the horses to feed.

Napping by the Orange giver of food on a warm spring day, letting the sun warm his Tuxedo Coat while dreaming of Lady Mama Wife rubbing his manly Tuxedo chest; Count Fritz with Fangs heard the familiar sound of footsteps and knew right away Man King had returned from his important journey.

 Fritz ran down the massive winding stair case to the great opening that led to the outer beyond and welcomed Man King the only way a Count Fritz the Tuxedo Cat could. Fritz graciously praised Lady Mama Wife for bringing Man King back home, and all was joyous again for Count Fritz the Tuxedo Cat with Fangs. Count Fritz the Tuxedo Cat, settled into Lady Mama Wife’s lap, while she rubbed his manly Tuxedo chest, he purred and purred and drifted back to sleep. 

February 27, 2023 18:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.