My story is titled the young man was lost and kidnapped in a foreign city.

Written in response to: Write about someone who is slowly forgetting their mother tongue or losing their language.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the young man was lost and kidnapped in a foreign city.


Once upon a time,there lived a young man who was lost and then kidnapped within a foreign city.

Abu was the name of the young man who had a map and also a notebook containing some important information which some dangerous criminals would do anything to get hold of it entirely.


However when he became conscious Abu did not know whether he was either alive or dead.

Also a soft heavy weight pressed on him on every side.

At that moment ,Abu could see nothing and breathing was by then difficult.

He however tried to actually move both his arms and legs but his efforts then increased the pain in his head.

The pain in Abu's head when he struggled to reach out like a whip to sting his ankles and wrists.

Abu then realised that he was bound tightly by both his hand and foot.

Also during a horrifying moment Abu believed that he had been buried alive.

He then groaned and twisted trying to push with his bent knees at the weight that laid on him.


The weight shifted and pressed more heavily on his chest and face. It was Abu who wriggled violently and the weight moved again so that breathing became a little easier.

Also Abu realised that soft weights in which he laid wedged were shaking with some regular jerky movements. It was Abu who became aware of sounds and smells.

The throbbing he thought was part of the aching in his head and body ,he now knew how to be sound like a lorry engine. Abu also smell of grain and sack cloth in his nostrils.


Also it came to him with a wonderful feeling of relief that he had not been buried alive after all.

Abu was lost and then kidnapped in a foreign city. The Almighty God heard Abu's prayer.

Again Abu fully recovered his sense of position. It is noted that Abu was in the back of a lorry. Again Abu was lying half buried within a great pile of sacks of grain and cocoa.

Abu shouted and called out loud as he could trying to make his voice sound above the noise of the engine.

"Hello ! Let me out! ......Let me out there, Abu shouted in order to be released.


Abu was by then locked and kidnapped when he was found lost in the foreign city.

Abu was by then pulled up on the pile of sacks. As he kept on shouting someone came to the rescue of Abu he untied the string that tied the sack over his head. Abu later laid staring up at a starlit sky and taking the fresh air deeply into his lungs .

Also the moment the sky was blotted out by two faces bending down over him,a brown scared face under alot of curly black hair and beside it the thin white face he had last seen in a patch of moonlight among his uncle's banana trees in the Gardens.

Joshua spoke first: So you are awake. Stop the lorry I can't hear him above the noise of this engine. Also his voice was a deep growl like thunder heard a long way off since he was kidnapped and lost in that foreign city.

Alladin crawled over the heap of cocoa sacks and then thumped the roof of the drivers car with his fist.

The lorry pulled off the side of the road and then stopped under some mango trees.


However when the engine was switched off Alladin bent his head close to Abu and then said to Abu in his deep threatening voice: We have the map again but where have you hidden the green notebook.?

Abu answered in an annoying voice that he does not know.

Abu then mentioned that he might have dropped it in the garden.

Also Abu dropped the green notebook in the Botanical gardens.


In addition Abu wondered whether it would help him to pretend that he had been to the Police.

After looking at Goliath cruel face he thought better of it.

Goliath was the cruel kidnapper he too was waiting for the Police before he will place his knife on Abu's throat.

Abu was by the lost, dumbfounded and also kidnapped by Goliath.


Abu uses a translation App to report Goliath in the foreign city. Abu translated an English report into French by the help of his Translation App through his email.

He gave the Police the direction to where he was kidnapped for them to carry out all sorts of investigation.

After he made the report ,Abu got into trouble ,his problem was that Goliath and his men tied his hands and later destroyed and damaged his Android phone.

It was quiet unfortunate that Abu had quickly made a report to the Police. The Police then carried out their own investigation to the hideout of Goliath and his men. They later arrested Goliath and his other criminals and sued them against kidnapping and they were arrested into prison and kept in custody.


It was quiet unfortunate that Abu quickly made a report to the Police for Goliath and his other criminals to be arrested.

The Police got hold of the matter and later carried out their own investigation to the hideout of Goliath and his men.

They later went in search of Goliath and then arrested him with his other criminals.

Abu then filed a lawsuit against Goliath and the other criminals in the court.

During the court proceedings Goliath and the other criminals were found guilty of offences apart from the kidnapping.

Due to this the Judge then sentenced them into prison with hard labour.


Finally, Abu had to leave the foreign city for good because he was not fluent and conversant in the French language.

Lastly another reason why Abu wanted to leave the foreign city was that he was often attacked by some criminasls of some sort in the city.

One Friday morning,Abu boarded an Aeroplane to his home country in America, a land of opportunities and plenty he left the foreign city on a sad note.




December 22, 2022 06:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.