0 comments

General

She is such a whore she would hear some people say. Others would just sympathize with her. As none of them knew about what really happened to her and other females around her age but here word got around and fast sometimes it was all jumbled and twisted to make it more interesting but the people loved to talk


She grew up in a small town where word got around fast. There wasn't much that the town didnt talk about. She wanted to be something more then this small town girl. Aiyana always had bigger dreams she wanted to persue a career in singing. She thought she was good and the people of the small town agreed with her. After many talent shows and pageants. She left the small town where rumors were always abuzz 


Aiya sent in many demos to big city record labels. To her surprise some even called her back. After research and auditions aiya thought she knew what she would go with. At first everything seemed fine. But her came down on her. They wanted control of all her creative rights and royalties. They even controlled the music she recorded and even her own image. They felt like vanilla would sale. But aiyana was always rebellious and she wanted an chance to show that through her music.


After a few years of working with her first label. She decided to drop them. She was found by a guy named Rudy. She was told he was the best manager in the business or so she heard. He did his best to promote her and get her gigs 


Rudy seemed like a cool person she would almost say she felt close to him. Not long after. Her phone rang early one night 


"Aiya good news luv" he said excitedly "let's celebrate?" 


I looked at the phone then the clock and blinked as it was still late. I sighed and shrugged. 


"What are we celebrating?" I asked the receiver of the phone. I was almost nervous as I waited for a reply on the other end. 


"I found the perfect label for you. They are an independent label and they liked your emotion and creativity. They want to hear from you." He said the excitement still in his voice. 


Aiya blinked again as she listened to him speak. She couldn't believe her she struggled from label to label trying to find the perfect fit. But nothing ever worked out. So she wasn't excited about the prospect of another one breaking her heart even more. She was about to say no when something told her to give it a shop. She replied with a sigh. 


Fine, fine I'll meet up with the people of this too good to be label." 


Already defeated but aiya wasnt quite ready to give up just yet. She hung up with Rudy after getting the time and location. She rolled over and went back to sleep after setting an alarm on her phone. She wasn't sure how long she had been out when her alarm woke her. She rolled out of bed landing on the floor. She tried to remeber what the alarm was for. And it clicked 


She jumped up from the floor and found a pair of pants as she slid into them pulling them up her body quickly. She found a clean shirt and slid it on. Looking in the mirror she debated if she would fight her hair this morning. And fighting she did too tame the unruly mess. 


Aiya didn't want to mess up her chance of landing the label. She was surprised when she heard a honk outside. Looking out the window there was a hummer in her drive way. It was rudy of course. 


"Hey girl I thought you would want a ride so I decided to bring something with some style. My mouth was agape as he finished speaking. She could also feel a tingle of excitement. She couldn't believe it. It was finally happening. She would meet the people or this label and hopefully find a musical home. 


She watched as rudy slid out of the limo in one of his many colorful suits and she suddenly felt under dressed. She looked down at her own clothes. She heard him whistle and the door open. She shrugged and slide in the hummer the leather of the seats were smooth. To her surprise so was the drive. She kept running her hands over the smoothness of the leather. As she sat nervously.


Aiya was shocked at how far this label was and she realized that they had gotten further from the city. They pulled up to a good sized house in the woods. There were people there to greet us.


"My name is Simmons and you must be aiyana we at the label have heard so much about you and have been excited to finally meet you. These are my boys. Tim and jasper. They work here at the studio with me as well as other matters. 


The first male stepped up. His skin was chocolate brown. But his smile was kind and inviting. But something about the last part of what he said sounded venomous compared to the kind greeting. It sent shivers down her spine. She looked over at Tim and Jasper. Smiling kindly at them all. 


"Yes I am aiyanna. And it's a pleasure to meet you. I am so pleased for the opportunity to get to work with you. And I appreciate the opportunity. I nodded back at rudy. As he shook the guys hand. She watched him pull our an envelope and his features changed. 


Rudy placed the envelope inside his hummer and locked the door. Making her wonder what it was. Little did she know what she gotten herself into....


Simmons reached out taking her hand. His grip was a little tighter then expected. Like he thought she would run away. Her fight or flight kicked in. But she was afraid to show panic and ruin her chances with this record label. She let them lead her into the house. It was a normal and rustic inside. The interior distracted her from jasper coming up behind her and then everything got blurry and she passed out. 


She awoke on the metal floor of a dark storage compartment. But then realized she was moving. She also realized she wasnt alone. She heard heavy breaths and weeping. She looked around hoping her vision would clear and adjust to her surroundings. To no such luck. They must have driven for awhile before she felt them stop. 


She sees the door open and inside she sees what been making the sounds. There was like twenty other woman and they were in what seems like the back of a truck. She watches one by one as the girls are pulled our and examined. They all look made up. In clothes and make up. She sees the flash as each of the girls picture is taken. 


The next few days. Go by and aiya is being kept in the back of the truck with the other girls. She realizes she is now apart of sexual trafficking and she was so easily fooled. The girls were primped and they were taught how to pleasure a man. The lessons were rough and brutal. Days have seemed to pass when they ended up stopping the girls were lead into a huge building. Theu were lead down stairs handcuffed as they found themselves locked away in cells with numbers. 


She had lost track of time and even reality by then. Till someone finally came to get her. She was lead down a hallway. That lead to a room. This room was filled with people in chairs. She found herself on a stage in front of these people. The man at the podium. Gave a starting number and she watched as these people would make offers higher. This went on for awhile. When the last guy stood up and gave them a number. The guy at the podium yelled sold and the man with the highest offer came up on stage to examine her. He ran hands over her face and her body he even opened her mouth to look inside. Satisfied with his buy he took her hand and then lead her back to the chairs as he pulled her next to him. 


After the auction she soon realized that's what it was. Her and the other females all were sold and taken to their new homes and new lifes. After all the stuff she been through this guy he seemed differant. He was kind and gentle with her. Giving her her own room and her own space. She realised she knew this man. His name is Thomas, They grew up together. He was her best friend growing up till he moved away with his family. She hadn't heard from him since. 


Turns out he made something of himself. He owned his own record label

She couldn't believe it. The first night there. They sat on the couch together she was curled up in the corner as they spoke and caught up. 


He told her about his family and his life. And he told her about other stuff too like his interests. She listened constently. And she spoke of her trials and fails and she swore she saw hurt in his eyes. She shook it away. As she wrapped her arms around her legs. He thought she was cold brought her a blanket and took off the handcuffs.


"I am so sorry you had it rough. I wish I would have been able to help you but when I found out you left. Little springs I had to find you. I was devastated to hear what you been put through. I want to make change that for you." 


He spoke and it was the sweetest sound. She remembered in school growing up she had a crush on him and was gonna tell him before he left. But she never gotten the chance. She tilted her head. 


"Well there is something you can do." Aiya said sweetly. 


She watched as he looked her over. "What's that?" He asked curiously. 


"Well you can take me back to see my family pretty please." Its been so long since I talked to them. She felt the hurt in her heart at the thought. Her parents didnt want to see her go. They argued before she packed up and left. 


She snapped back to the present as Thomas spoke to her. Sweetly a smile crossing his face. "I think that can be arranged." He said and she just grinned. 


Back home 

They had packed up the next day. And had taken his private jet. She was so shocked she never been on one before. When it landed her heart pounded excitedly. She forgotten how beautiful this place was but she also forgotten how news flies around town. There was already news before she stepped off the plane she just ignored it. Most of it was said how she went out and had sex with record exec's to get them to sign her. She looked back at Thomas and hoped that none of that got to him. He just took her hand. They decided to stop by the little resteraunt her parents owned. 


But to her surprise they werent there. She was seated at a table in the back with thomas beside her. She was looking at the menu when she hears a familiar voice. 


"Aiya? My baby is that really you?"she heard tears in the voice that spoke. She jumped up and smiled. 


"Mama, papa?" She questioned. Looking up. She jumper up and hugged them both. 


"We missed you so very much baby girl." She heard them say as tears fell from her own eyes. She wondered how she knew they were there and realized how fast the news in town really did fly. 


October 25, 2019 15:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.