An amzing cooking story

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Write about a character preparing a meal for somebody else.... view prompt

0 comments

Friendship Funny Drama

An amazing cooking story

            Preethi, let’s go. It’s being late.

Wait. What will you do by leaving all these foods waiting for us? I still want to have some other not some but all the foods here. All the recipes found here.

OH! Are you a big foodie? Ok then I will make for you. You don’t have any plans tonight right? Then we shall plan dinner.

                    Do you know cooking? I mean to cook! I never know you will…

What a silly question, come today and you will know how I cook. Definitely you will like it. OK bye... Meet you in the evening***

                                 Vaishu and Preethi are colleagues and best friends too. That evening Preethi went to Vaishu’s house and want to spend all the night. She wears a pretty dress and holds some chocolates in her hands to gift her friend. Vaishu filled the table with a lot of varieties and gave her a delicious treat. Both enjoyed that night and Preeti is amazed as she has no idea on cooking and her friend is outstanding. Even at home, in the office, parks, coffee shops, canteens and also in sleep she is again and again remembering about those foods.

                                 How fantastic that night with those yummy foods. That encourages me to learn cooking and to serve her. Definitely some other day, I will learn how to cook very tasty, very quickly as a master chef and from Vaishu surely I should get a good compliment from her. But how can I learn cooking?? ….??? It is a very big question that is there in front of me now.

                                 Hello mummy, I want to learn cooking! How to cook? Is there any shortcut to cook in just two days…?

             - WHAT!!!

                          Sorry mom, I mean to find any shortcut for learning cooking in just two days.

             - What happened to you? What is the need for you to learn cooking? Isn’t your maid on work?

                          No mom, everything is fine and she is coming regularly. But I need to learn cooking!!

                          I will learn to cook myself and I will never seek anyone’s help in it. Talk with you later mom. Bye***

                                 How can I learn cooking??? Everything is in online, so why should I bother about that.

 {Taking phone into her hands} … OK GOOGLE, HOW TO LEARN COOKING FAST?

 {After searching} ….. Oh my god! These many videos, it will take at least two days even to see all these videos. What to do now?

                                 OK! No problem, the intelligent people like me can easily understand with one attempt and once if just sawn.

{Entering into the kitchen}…. What is there in the fridge? Let me try to with any small item so that it will be easy for me. What if I started with egg?

OK GOOGLE, SHOW ME THE FOOD ITEMS WITH EGG…    These many!!!

DEAR GOOGLE PLEASE SHOW ME THOSE ARE DELICIOUS AND QUICK…   Ah! Who the hell created these many recipes only with egg? Ok then let me try one by one or which names interesting with this egg.

                                 Started cooking and almost with a huge effort, she is completing her practice for reaching her goal. That day her maid was a bit late and by the time when she is coming in the room she has sawn the table filled with egg recipes only. And as soon as she entered dining hall she saw Preeti cooking with a lot of strain in the kitchen.

             -Mammmm…… please excuses me for this time madam. I am really sorry madam. I’ll never be late from now madam. Please don’t take away my job madam. Please madam please…. please madam …

             What happened to you, who said you will be dismissed and why are you crying???

      -Really you are not trying to find another maid madam?

                    Is there any problem with you or what? 

     - Then why you are cooking without me madam.

In two days my friend is coming home and I want to cook for her on my own also definitely I should get an appreciation from her.

     You first taste it now and say how it is. Let me know.

             - Madam, all are very tasty but I think the salt is not sufficient. You should add some salt and for better taste you better add cooking soda that will increase more taste. And one more thing madam, why can’t you decorate it more colorfully. It will give a good look and also attractive too.

                                 Wow!! That sounds good. Ok then see what I will do. And on the next day when she went to office, she is different from other days. She is more confident and without reason she is laughing in herself. In other ways we can say that she is admiring herself. And this is because she practiced how to cook in the previous day and just in one day.

                                 {The phone rings}……

With hurry Preeti is talking to them. I’m not available for …..  So then…. no, not like that but…… can you manage, otherwise…. sure yes I will….. Ok. Thank you so much. We will talk in the evening then….. Ha… thanks! …

                                 Hey preeti, what happened to you? Why are you getting worried? And who is on the phone? 

  - Our flat watchman and talking about the new dining table that I ordered.

                    But you already have a dining table at your home, so what is the use of buying another table?

  - Tomorrow you are coming right; I think that table is very small to serve you. So I ordered another one so that you can have all at once. I will meet you tomorrow evening. Don’t forget it. And you can’t delay that.

             I will definitely come and I should know how talented you are. You really shocked me….

                                 In the next day evening, Preeti is a bit tired. As because she prepared all the food alone and when Vaishu is going into her home, she saw a lot of varieties and decorative food samples and a lot still in the kitchen.

 - Preeti I am very shocked that you prepared these many foods and are your friends or relatives coming home today or what?

No but why you asked.                             - Nothing you prepared these many items so

All these are for you dear. And I learn cooking in just one day only for you…..

                                 {Started eating}……….

Preeti asked Vaishu to taste a sweet first,

When she is having that she said, “Sweetie why are you so sweet, just one bite of you can make me a diabetic.”

                    Vaishu, it’s not ok. If it’s that much sweeter, then you are finding only my mistake not my love on you. It is more and more like this sweet… What can she say else to Preeti’s words so she just became calm. Preeti offered some chips to her to balance over sweetness. But those are like just dipped in the oil.

                                 It is ok to have bath in bucket of water but how can I have you if you are swimming in all the oceans….

What are you saying vaishu??? -- Nothing, very tasty…..

Can we have soup?                                                                -- As your wish.

Immediately after having the soup, Vaishu is unable to speak up even where Preeti thinks that she is outstanding. But Vaishu’s condition is very difficult that she want to know the name of the soup that they had. “God the starting is such horrible now who will complete all these” Vaishu can’t spell these even out.

                                 Shall we try some curry, the chapatti is also hot so we can have wonderful taste and what are you waiting for. How is it and not replying anything to me to these mouthwatering delicious foods?

I will ask you one thing Preeti; please say who helped you in preparing all these foods. And how you learned all these?

Vaishu, I myself prepared all these for you with a lot of love dear. And you know in just one day I learned all the recipes in google.

                                 Oh! Now I understood everything clearly. It is like a doctor who had online education in surgery and directly attempting to a patient and I am the one who was stuck to her. Who else can do anything or that…!!!

Hey Vaishu, I forgot about biryani. It will be surely perfect and that doesn’t even match to all these.

             {After having that …..}

-If you don’t mind, this is very spicy and it is intense. Do you have any idea about how many spices you have added?

             - Oh Vaishu, that is for you only. When I went to mart yesterday, I found different brands of powders to use but still in confusion of what to choose. So I selected all and cooked for you. That’s it.

You are just finding my excess mistakes that I made not my extra love. That is more and more emotional like this biryani. It will make you cry… Just leave all those, now you have these egg recipes. These are so tasty and very delicious too. And you know, I started my cooking practice with this egg only.

                                 {After tasting each recipe, then Vaishu says}……

Preeti I want to say you one thing.

             - What? Is it about salt? It is perfect right. Definitely it should be.

Of course I want to say about that and how do you know?

             - Vaishu, yesterday when I am practicing these foods I asked my maid to taste and she said that salt is not sufficient, and asked me to add some cooking soda for good taste. So I think…..

Ah what you think then?

             - Nothing but to just add twice the salt shown in the video and 2 packets of baking soda.

Show me where is the baking soda?

Hey, this is not the baking soda it is salt and that’s why there is more salt in this food.

             - Vaishu, you changed a lot. See you are just seeing extra salt but not my extra emotion. What is this???

Oh dear! Please don’t get worry. I will definitely have this and you know it is very tasty too…..

                                 Vaishu just relax I will get you some soda that calms you.

{After seeing that white foamed drink}…

Preeti I will have some other juices and why to take this foam. See how it is coming out.

             - Vaishu you are just seeing the foam appeared externally but not my internal love and interpersonal relation.

What!!!!!!! Preeti don’t go so far. I will have it, I will… ok you don’t get worry……

             {After having a sip}….

Hey, what is this soda? Is it a soda??

                    - I know vaishu, anyone who have my soda should definitely say, “WHAT A SODA!!” right. I expect this.

Hey I don’t mean that. It doesn’t seem like a soda.

                    - I know Vaishu it is like ambrosia or like elixir right. In the mall I have chosen this in many because many decorative items are present in it. It must be extraordinary.

                                 STOPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

It smells like rim.

             - What is rim? Somewhere I heard this and what is that?

You show me that soda powder first. Immediately I want to see that.

             {After seeing that, Vaishu is shocked and Preeti still in confusion}.

What happened to you Preeti, before purchasing this product why can’t you check the name? It is washing soda…!!!...

                                 Preeti not expected this and so confused. She has no idea of what to do further.

You have a maid who serves you with tasty and healthy food daily, where she is? Why can’t you take her help??

             - Vaishu yesterday when she tastes my recipe she said it is perfect and she took leave to meet someone in hospital.

{Talking to that girl}…..

       Ok then take rest, I will manage at home. Get well soon.

What Preeti? What happened? Is everything fine?

             - She is sick Vaishu. And because of Food poisoning she is ill. So I asked to take her leave for a week. But she is alone there.

I have work so I am leaving now.

             - What that much important work you have?

You just now said that your maid is alone in the hospital. So I am going to give company to her.

             - Then I too will come with you.

No, Outers are not allowed. And first I will go and admit.

          - What..???

I mean I will admit her and then I will. In the meanwhile you order the food. Don’t keep yourself in pain by a lot of strain by cooking.

     NEVER COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        From then Preeti never cooked and Vaishu never visited anyone’s house in rest of their life….

June 30, 2021 06:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.