My Generation: war of the psyche.

Submitted into Contest #4 in response to: Write a story based on the song title: "My Generation"... view prompt

0 comments

General

I was born in 1962. My war is not bloody like Vietnam but violent because the mind cannot undo the damage and carnage this war can inflict upon the very soul of the human body.

PTSD is that very violent war.

It causes a very normal individual to do unthinkable things.

It causes a different level of manslaughter because to human, the mind is fragile.

I am a survivor of this war. And like soldiers at war I did not choose the carnage, or physical and mental damage of the by products of PTSD.

My war was domestic violence. I am a survivor. I felt the carnage. The fear. The pain.

I will always be haunted by the recurring nightmares of the violence and destruction.

But I choose to make a difference. Instead of protests, I teach. I choose to educate the people who have no understanding of what this war really is. I choose to advocate freely to help those who need care from the carnage of this violence and try to heal their broken spirit.

PTSD is a violent, non-discriminating war. It has no boundaries. No rules. No laws. Yet it hurts everything and everyone it comes in contact with.

And the recuprussions are immense. It does not discriminate. PTSD is our generations Vietnam and until our country fully recognizes and treats the symptoms, we will continue to have broken lives.


August 24, 2019 04:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.