48 comments

General

The Breaking in.

“Man is a social animal”.Some philosopher believes this. Some philosopher says “No, The word “Social” is just added, Man is an animal.This is an unsettled dispute or discussion , which is not in a state of settlement.

But I say when an “Animal” becomes “Social” ,than what would happen?

Today My story is very interesting and very emotional.

You must have read and seen stories and movies made on Animals like Lessie,Fury,Flipper , and on so many other animals, They became a movie star, and got international fame but that was all fictionolgy.This story depicts that this being changed him self to such an extant that he became a great star in him self, but above all he was a Every day Hero.This story which I am forwarding today is hundred percent genuine.No fiction at all.The place or peripheri where this story or events I must say,took place, You will read the name of that place later in the story, It is situated near Abbott abad ,in kpk province, Pakistan. you search it on Google you would ,I sure, definitely find this place.

 I have found this story, this is not my vision or creation, It is , you may call it an incidental Story,came In front of me.I luckily have found it on my way to a Summer trip,it is just like some times you find a gem incidentally.So this story is something like this.

.Some stories are like TV thrill series, you just sit in front of the screen, take out your pop corn,started eating and watch every moment very interestingly .

.So now take out your pop corns.

So the story begins.

 .It was almost summers and humidity was on its verge.I decided to proceed to Abbottabad,a well known and a lovely hill station in north,was discovered by Major Abbott in 1873.At that time this perapheri was selected as a summer camp for the army personnel.

So, it’s about two hours drive from Islamabad.

When I was about twenty kilometers from Abbottabad.I smiled with my self when I saw a name board bearing the name of the village “Donkey's Grave”. For the first time I acknowledged this name board,so,i stopped my car on the road side near small wayfarers hotel.To have a tea and some refreshments and very importantly, to know about the story of” Donkey’s Grave”.I sat there and enjoying tea and the fresh air... but I couldn’t found a reliable source to tell me the genuine happenings which must be interesting and value able, which became part of history.

In the meantime I heard some” thuck - thuck”- thuck “sound,I looked back,an old man holding on clutches moving to wards the tables. Waiter called him”” Baoji” ,( is a word uses as a respect to elders in our land) you came after so many days”.Yes I was not well, for three months I was hospitalized”Baoji answered , Baoji was about ,as I collected, near eighty.very feeble but his personality was really attractive and I wanted to talk with him,his looks were very regalian.,I stood up in his honor and repect, actually it’s the tradition of our culture that the youngers would greet the elders firstly..So ,to fullfillment of that requirement,I greeted him.He very fatherly put his hand on my head,so for his kind gestures,I offered him a cup of tea and I made him sit near me.” Baoji was very neat and tidy, wearing black tunic and a big turban, covering his head and his eyes were covered by black Ray-Ban sun glasses,in this old age he was clean shaven. I thought he must be very handsome and fashionable in his Youth hood.When he sat down and removed the sun glasses,his eyes were so beautiful like almonds and were dark blue green like we called it Raj Kapoor or famous Holly wood actor,John Wayne eyes.He was a real dainty man. It seemed that he is oppulant but why is he looking so gloomy and lost.He asked me “You are a stranger,I haven’t seen you before around?”Yes Baoji,” ,I came from Islamabad “I replied.He just nodded.After a little while I said “Baoji” do you belong to this place?I asked him very respectfully.”Yes, he smiled ,the whole peripheri is mine,I was born here,I have my ancestoral mansion,Lands, my stable.Even our grave yard is here.This place is my recognition.This is my Village”. Baoji very clearly described it to me.. . After looking down to the ground he started digging and removing some soil from the point of his clutches, like some body thinking very gravely, he again said”we all are stranger in this world and everything is in our possession but temporary, for a very little time”.After a little while I asked him about the board bearing the name” Donkey's Grave” and a legend behind it..Baoji said ” it is the story of my son” .Your son”! I very astoundly asked him.”Yes ,he was the master of this Donkey”. Baoji created a great suspense by saying these words and made me more eager to know about the real Story. My curiosity was increasing very fast.I left every thing and looking towards him.

“you see these clutches,I was not like this”. He started narrating the story.

, “My father was a Very rich man.He in 1920 bought lands in Punjab,here and we have a big property in Abbottabad.I was born in 1940.I was the only son of my parents.In 1958 ,He sent me to England for the study Bar at Law.

 .There I met Alice, she was daughter of Auditor General in England.In Glasgow they had a big office.Alice and I fall in love and later with the concent of my parents,I married her.

One night In January 1960,I received a call that my father died in an accident.This was a great and sudden shock ,it shooked me.I along with Alice came back to Pakistan.When all the rituals had done and life came to normalacy,I sat with Alice to decide about our further future prospects.She suggested to settle here because there was nobody to look after the business and property.so,I had to break and sacrifice my studies.

 In February 1962 ,Jeena , my son born.He was so lucky for me.My business was flourishing day by day and in 1962,I won the Election.Now I became a VIP and imported a chaverlot car, the same year.Life became very stylish and I was considering my self very lucky, Every thing I had, beautiful wife, lovely son, health wealth a big renowned fame.I was totally a blessed man.A super person, one could say would not be wrong that ll the high officials and ministers came to stay with me.Evan the than president,he belonged to our district,honoured me to come to my Village. 

you know people came to see me, when I used to go to some village , the women watched me from the whole of the walls.Just to see a lucky man”.

 It is a saying of a Wiseman that miss fortune never comes indicated,So unfortunately in July 1964, Alice died in a car crash.I was very shocked and perturbed.Jeena was at that time about Two years old, but I woed not to marry again.There were so many proposals for me but I didn’t want to marry again.Jeena was my world now.  Nannies and maids were lined up for his care.So,Jeena brought up was very princely.This love and affection made him stubborn.

So, when he became 15,one day he went for hunting with his friends and dogs.There he found a donkey,he brought the donkey to home..Donkey was very wild and bellicosenes .Jeena kept his name Peema.Doctor used to visit after every 15 days for his check up.special fodder was chosen for him and most interestingly a donkey trainer came every day for his breaking in.Our peripheri is snowy,so there was a special wooley quilt was sewed for him.For the Peema’s sake he used to wake up early in the morning to check the temperature , food and water.Many villagers used to say that Peema is lucky than us.

“but I don’t know why I hated Peema”.Said Baoji.

One night in a dream I saw Alice,” she is screaming that rush the donkey out, not good for Jeena.”I saw the same dream for three consecutive days .I shared the dream with Jeena, but he became more stubborn not to rush him up”.Baoji” ,he used to call me, and round his hands to my neck and said” You are England return and you have superstitous belief,this is just your whims”.So many times I rushed Peema away in Jeena's absence but the beast used to come over to his spot again.I became helpless in front of my poppet son but this dream permanently housed in my subconscious.Jeena was also very fond of keeping pets,I made a small zoo with different animals and birds in it for him . some birds were imported and some were gifted..That zoo was the charm of this area.I also eracted a water Cade , especially for families.Here in our area there was no recreation especially for ladies and children.The ladies along with their children came for picnic.so many movies have been shooted here.I made every effort to divert his attention from peema but my all efforts went distorted and vain.

 Jeena was very naughty but intelligent”.

 Baoji leaned back on the bolster long pillow and sighed like a furnace. And said once again.

 .”people used to ask him why did you name him Peema?He used to answer them very plainly”he is just like my veer( brother).I love him and I would trained him and he would be a productive part for this village”.

“He did it.”Baoji said it smilingly.

The donkey started changing his attitude.He became tolerant and soft and started recognizing the villagers.

The villagers were mostly Farmers.They used to rise early and went to the farms at dawn. At 10’oclock ,Peema did go to every Farmers house and housekeeper used to keep the small container in the sachel fixed in the leather zeen.Than he distribute the containers among the farmers.This was his schedule for the day up.

There was a firing range of the army.The area was a rough torrent.Peema used to take water for the army soldiers from the village well daily for so many days.

One day it was very cold .It was a heavy snowfall with a great storm.The log was about to be finished and coal was also not available and servants were also not near Jeena thought that from the near by jungle ,he would bring some logs for burning.As he went out , Peema also came after him but it was so cold that Jeena could not bear the cold storm and fainted.when peema saw this he went to a nearby house and started beating the door badly from his legs “dharz- dharz” and a man opened the door, he saw peema ,  Jeena was lying on the ground.The man suddenly brought a cot and put Jeena on it and took him to the house..I quickly called on a doctor. The doctor came but he had taken out the syringe but it was broken.”oh.my God,there is no other syringe”The doctor said while checking his Box. .I became very nervous. The medicine shop was about ten kilometers from my house, roads were all closed due to heavy snowfall.When Peema felt the situation helpless,he very secretively picked up the used broken syringe in his mouth and went out and went straight to the chemist shop,all knew him, When chemist saw a syringe, he understood that he needs a syringe,so,he took out the broken syringe from his mouth and immediately brought a packet full of brand new Syringes to my house

. I became over joyed when i saw a new syringe , for the first time I kissed Peema on his forehead and hugged him tightly. I realized that I was wrong.The doctor started the treatment of Jeena.After proper treatment Jeena came to life. Just

After this incident,Peema became very popular in the village.Every body started praising him and became affectionate to wards him.

After few days, the Eid festival was arriving.All the people were busy in buying new clothes and shoes.There was hustle and bustle in the bazaar.

So Jeena along with Peema went to bazaar for shopping.peema was out side the shop,on the other side of the road there was a big departmental store.A lady was in the store busy buying some stuff , there was already a great crowd,her two years son came out of the store and ran towards the road.and stood in the midst of the road .In the meantime,a car was plying very speedily and coming towards the boy,Peema judged the situation and he rushed towards the boy and hold him from his shirt and rushed with the the boy to the other side of the road, but the car driver was very rash and mischief,he didn’t slow the car and hit Peema from the side. The boy was saved but Peema received great damages.A great horny sound appeared from the peema's mouth.He fell down and became motion less.The car didn’t stop.All the people ran towards Peema.That lady suddenly came out of the store and quickly asked the people to lay peema in his pick up truck.She drove him to the near hospital.The doctor's were giving him the first aid and taken him for x-ray.In the meantime Jeena and i arrived in the hospital .

The news of the peema’s accident spread like a jungle fire in the village.All the villagers rushed to the hospital. Jeena was crying very hard.All the women and children were crying with Jeena.It was severely snow fall and the hospital varanda was full of the visitors and the villagers.Doctors and I requested the people that they should go home, again a snow storm is arriving and the children would suffer., but no body budge an inch.The atmosphere was very tense and everyone was waiting for the x ray report.After two hours the X ray report appeared.Peema's hip bone was completely damaged. A wise saying is very famous that always there are two or more than two reasons for every Situation to rise.So this was a case with Peema.The doctor’s could not understand his ailment deeply,there was something went wrong with his stomach , when he had fallen down severely on the ground and there were pointed rocks , those pointed rocks hit his stomach, because some times his poop indicate red with red liquid. After few days we brought him home but Peema was not in a form as he was.we had taken him to different doctors but after six months Peema died.

His death was not an ordinary one.

People came from far flung areas to attend his final rituals.We dug a grave for him and very respectfully burried him.All the villagers were crying because for so many years he served them very well.

 Now I realized why Alice in dream warning me.l became frightened.

I knew that peema’s death would create a dilemma for me.Jeena was attached with him severely and my son would never bear his absence.Jeena stopped eating food and was getting weaker and weaker day by day, stopped mixing up with the people,all his friends wanted to rejuvenate him and bring him back to life but he was getting weaker and weaker.One night he was lying on my hand he said”Baoji, Mother was right , she warned us about the missfortune arriving but I didn’t listen to you and mother”.I saw tears in his eyes.So the next morning at dawn he breathed his last. 

 Jeena died  after four months of peema’s death.After Jeena’s death I bequeathed all my wealth and property to the trusts and for animals hospitals.

“.So this is the story of the Donkey’s grave”.Baoji looked towards me with his watery eyes.”lm sorry that I have evoked you”. I expressed my feelings to him”No no dear you have un burdened me”.He said and stood up with the clutches and started moving “thak ….thak…thak….thak.

The End.

 The

 End.


August 13, 2020 08:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

48 comments

Charles Stucker
16:25 Aug 19, 2020

Around a tenth of your tale is telling us you are going to tell us a true story. That is too slow an opening. Particularly since it is a dry read. Drop all of it save something short, "Though this may seem surreal, the story is based on true events." " chaverlot" unless it is a European model, that looks like it should be Chevrolet, a common us auto company in the 1960's which was well received worldwide. You have a framing device, the elder telling the story, which forces you to have him relate things. If he was a veteran yarn-spinner...

Reply

Tariq Saeed
18:17 Aug 19, 2020

Thank you very much Charles,I like your way of commenting.I like an open criticism for improvement.You read the story very closely,its good .Actually our country you will not believe is full of events,so I'm in search of these types of stories or event ,you can say.My next up coming stories are fiction based.So,now shake hands,we both Will read each other stories and the discussion would be very spicy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
18:17 Aug 19, 2020

Thank you very much Charles,I like your way of commenting.I like an open criticism for improvement.You read the story very closely,its good .Actually our country you will not believe is full of events,so I'm in search of these types of stories or event ,you can say.My next up coming stories are fiction based.So,now shake hands,we both Will read each other stories and the discussion would be very spicy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
12:07 Aug 22, 2020

Dear Charles,read my new Story ,waiting for your comments.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
16:20 Aug 19, 2020

Hey, this was good! The names were very unique, too. My suggestion is to break up the paragraphs a bit more to make this story more easy-on-the-eyes. Other than that, great job!

Reply

Tariq Saeed
18:09 Aug 19, 2020

Aerin B,Thanks you v much.You are right that some of it's paragraph more easy or you call it little defined.I wd take care .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pragya Rathore
16:11 Aug 19, 2020

Well written. Good job!

Reply

Tariq Saeed
18:20 Aug 19, 2020

Thank you Pragya,now I would also read your stories very closely.So please be in touch.

Reply

Pragya Rathore
18:38 Aug 19, 2020

Of course, it would be my pleasure! You know, the story was relatable and very interesting to read. I loved it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
12:18 Aug 22, 2020

Please glance my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Zahida Babar
15:19 Sep 07, 2020

I have been to this place,near Abbott abad.Such a nice story with message.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ali Hassan
18:37 Sep 04, 2020

Good store

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yousaf Jan
16:46 Aug 31, 2020

Very good

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yousaf Jan
16:45 Aug 31, 2020

Great store

Reply

Show 0 replies
Furqan Babar
12:32 Aug 27, 2020

It's a good real story !!! My father once told me that when a person build a house with his efforts. All the available items inside the house start loving him irrespective of the fact that they are non-living. Same thing happens, when my father passed away few days later we faced difficulties. Some times refrigerator got breakdown. While some times some other items. So in this story, I also feel the same thing. Dear Tariq(Uncle), Keep posting such type of stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Haseeb Khan
20:05 Aug 25, 2020

Very nice story sir saeed keep it up sir

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ghazan Babar
14:48 Aug 20, 2020

Love it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Khilwat Afridi
23:42 Aug 19, 2020

Nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
19:11 Aug 19, 2020

Deborah,I don't know from where do you get these touches.very appreciable.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Rafay Babar
18:56 Aug 19, 2020

V.nyc story 👍🏻👍🏻

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
14:51 Aug 19, 2020

Why not Mitza,I would definitely recommend your story.Actually I'm a new comer in this field,you all are very experienced and well versed than me.Any mistake in my Story please indicate and tell me.I wd appreciate it.looking fwd.I wd be waiting.Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jubilee Forbess
14:38 Aug 19, 2020

Hi, Tariq! First off, I love your name! Second of all, I liked your story a lot, so thank you for commenting on one of my stories. Just thought I'd return the favor. This was a thrilling piece of literature and it moved along quite quickly, leaving room at the end for elaboration, perhaps, so other than a few grammar things, this was a tightly done story. I look forward to reading others soon.

Reply

Jubilee Forbess
14:39 Aug 19, 2020

Also you can reply to things like this, with the reply button, so people can see when you've replied to their comments!

Reply

Tariq Saeed
18:04 Aug 19, 2020

Thank you Mitza,for taking interest in my writing,I want to hear more from you.Thanks.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
12:15 Aug 22, 2020

Mira,have a glance on my new Story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Bakhtawar Babar
17:17 Aug 18, 2020

Very nice storY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mansoor Ali
14:30 Aug 18, 2020

Good one

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
13:47 Aug 18, 2020

Actually we have to work according to the prompt allotted to us by the reedsy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
12:17 Aug 18, 2020

Its a good story,it needs little more enlargement and specified.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:45 Aug 18, 2020

Tariq saeed you also try on animal lives, it is also very inspiring like you did a try Breaking in.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.