0 comments

Inspirational Drama Thriller

It was just a couple of months ago. Shivani was enjoying with her family. It was her parents anniversary. Every family member was busy congratulating Mr and Mrs Sharma. Just then, the power suddenly goes out, leaving everyone in darkness. Everyone including the kids started panicking, and as usual, Shivani’s romantic husband Naksh kissed her taking advantage of darkness. After a few moments, the power was back, but Shivani started yelling she was unable to see anything. At first, her husband was shocked, but then he remembered how she kept pranking him. So he told her to stop her act as everyone was getting ready for her parents’ cake cutting ceremony. Just then, Shivani grabbed her husband’s hand and took him to a corner where no one could see them. Then she told Naksh, “ I am not joking, seriously I can’t see anything”. Naksh was left speechless for a moment and to his horror, he couldn’t even imagine how he would comfort his wife. Just then, he somehow gained power and took her immediately to the hospital. The doctor examined her and asked Naksh to come to his cabin. Then follows the conversation between the doctor and her husband, Naksh asked, “Tell me, Mr Albert, is my wife okay, nothing is serious right?”. To which the doctor replied, “How am I supposed to tell you, your wife is suffering from temporary blindness. This may happen as an aftereffect of the car accident that happened to her last month”.  Now Naksh was in a terrible situation where his brain just blacked out and he couldn’t understand how he would comfort his wife. Somehow he explained the situation to her and his family. Sadness fell over the family, everybody has left with gloominess around. Shivani’s husband somehow took her wife to the bedroom and let her sleep. The next morning, Shivani didn’t wake up from her sleep, unlike the other days where she woke up early. Just then, Naksh’s handicapped sister Naina came over and started explaining to Shivani that not to lose hope. She told Shivani, “Hey Shivani, you are just blind for some days but you will become fine. Think about me, I am handicapped for ages but I never lose hope, I always manage my household chores and my office all by myself. So you should learn something from me and stop getting more depressed over your situation. After all, no situation can be so dreadful until you make it. So always try to be mentally strong.”

Naksh thanked Naina for explaining Shivani. She asked him not to thank. Shivani recalls Naina’s words and gets up. She cries. Naina asks Naksh to give some time to Shivani and support her. Naksh goes to the room and sees Shivani. He asks her what she wants, he is with her. Their neighbour comes and starts mocking Shivani's condition and says, “ What can we do, only God knows I understand your pain, your daughter was handicapped and now your daughter in law”. They all got shocked.

But Naksh and his family didn’t care about what their neighbour was saying instead they supported Shivani to do her chores on her own and encouraged her to join various contests for the blind. They did this to increase her self confidence. Slowly and steadily Shivani started doing all her works on her own and even won various prizes. Naksh brings Shivani to their room. Their kids act to make their mother smile. They fight to stay in their room and sleep with their mother. They hug Shivani. Naksh says don’t fight, sleep here with us. Their younger daughter Sarah tells some stories and makes her mother happy. They all sleep. Shivani gets up to get water and stumbles. Naksh woke up and held her. He asks why she did not wake him up. She says I tried, I thought I could do it. He gives her water and says, “ I'm doing this for our love, I'm not feeling helpless, I can do this all my life, it's new for us, I'm sorry, I will keep water here, this time will pass and you will not know”. She says if I don’t get eyesight then… he hugs her and says this won’t happen, don’t think about all this.

The next morning started with Kaveri, (Naksh’s sister in law) asking her daughter Mishti to get ready. Mishti says I won’t go, I have to help Shivani. Kaveri asks Mishti to study at home. Everyone in their house is glad to know that Shivani is getting better day by day. Shivani started to do her daily chores when she remembered she had to go downstairs for some work. Just then Naksh brings Shivani out and says, “One day passed and a month will pass soon, I forgot my phone”, and asks her to wait there. He does not get his phone and looks for it. She says I will try to walk ahead. Mishti sits on the stairs and studies. Shivani did not see her. Naksh got his phone. Shivani comes to the stairs and Naksh sees her. He sees Mishti there and gets shocked. Shivani steps ahead and Mishti gets up. Mishti gets hit and falls. Naksh calls out Shivani and Mishti. Mishti screams. They both slip down. Naksh runs to them, as they both fall down the stairs. Everyone comes and gets shocked. Kaveri lifts Mishti and takes her. Naksh holds Shivani. Shivani cries as Mishti gets hurt because of her. Naksh asks Kaveri to take Mishti to the doctor. Shivani cries and sits on the stairs. Mishti comes home and goes to Shivani. She hugs Shivani and says, “she got much wounded and she got stitches also”. Shivani says very sorry and hugs her. Mishti says I'm a brave girl like you, why are you crying. Shivani’s younger daughter says to Mishti she is feeling bad that you got hurt. Mishti says it's okay. Shivani asks her to go away, as she can get hurt again. Mishti says I won’t go, It was my mistake that I was sitting on the stairs, you can’t see, it's not your fault, I had to take care of you, and I forgot. Shivani asks her to be away and sends her.    

The next day was a very special day for Shivani since she took part in a singing competition. The singing competition was in a nearby temple. While she was singing suddenly her eyes came back. She was able to see everything. Not only this, but she also became the second runner up in the competition. Naksh is very happy for his wife Shivani that she got successful and she was able to make her name in the musical world. Apart from this, Shivani comes to the temple and thanked God for getting her eyes back and making her successful. Shivani was on her clouds nine getting her eyes back and thought it was a miracle. Naksh decides to throw a party for his wife’s victory and success.

May 06, 2021 19:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.