0 comments

Fiction

In the early days of history, when the earth had no owners or value, God and the devil walked without destiny or care in the vastness of the universe.

 And now ?, the devil asked God, the one who scratched his hair in the sun with the comets that flew according to the movements of his breathing.

 I'm already bored, God said, making the stars tinkle in his eyes.

 Shall we play a little game with these marbles, the asteroids? - asked the devil pointing to the planets of the second dimension with his incandescent arms.

 Come up with something better. Every day is the same - God answered, covering his yawning mouth with a ring from the orbit of Saturn.

 - Well - said the devil looking for something on Earth.

 - I found!

 - what have you found?

 - this look!

 "What is that?" Asked God, scratching his snow-white beard.

 - a computer!

 - Are you crazy?

 - it's great! And very easy to handle.

 You just have to turn on the computer by pressing this button.

 God turned him on.

 And the screen lit up.

 - what is it for?

 - to play.

 - You always beat me.

 - I let you win this time.

 - you always say that. But you always win.

 -Do you want to bet that I let you win?

 -And since when have I been a god, I bet?

 - Come on, don't be a coward.

 -Are you calling me a coward?

 - If you don't bet you're a coward, yes sir.

 -already.

 - what do we bet? It has to be something valuable, something that you need, like ...

 - as?

 - the power in the world.

 - But we both rule in this world. You know about that ...

 - Don't you want to bet?

 - Every day is the same.

 - then you should vary a bit, and bet at once.

 - already! - God was upset, and raised his voice.

 -Did you hear that thunder? - Asked the devil, with a serious face but laughing inside - I think it's going to rain.

 - I don't bet more with you.

 - But did you say that you bet, or are you not keeping your word? Are you not God?

 God looked at him with contempt.

 Do you want me to praise you? Asked the devil, will you feel better this way?

 You should praise me I am God - God said

 And very modest.

 The devil laughing, installed a game on the computer.

 What is that called? Asked God,

 Two worlds. It is a game in which you have to create your own characters, you are only given the stage, which is Earth.

 Interesting - and God covered the sky from his mouth, creating the night.

 Then you must create your own weapons, that is, the things with which you want to defend yourself.

 I see. Do I have to kill you?

 We can virtually kill and die. But you can also get your life back.

 So can you kill me too?

 of course!

 So let's bet! God said confidently.

 the power?

 Okay.

 clever! - And the devil responded with a sardonic smile adorning his most deeply hidden thoughts, continuing:

 Now, you have to choose the characters.

 Can it be a little angel?

 Little angel? To kill your enemy? - God looked at him through the clouds that hid his reticent expression to the unknown, and the devil put his viper's face between his two goat legs, hiding, once again, his viper's laugh.

 So? God asked almost inaudibly.

 You have to look for strong characters, like mine.

 Look, I have a dinosaur.

 dinosaur? What is a dinosaur?

 you know it ! In your creation of the future. But for this little game oo we are going to create right now, big, with a long tail and legs full of power that the hooves give it - and he started using the computer paint to create a huge head, threatening teeth, a giant body and tail ditto.

 That is a good idea - and God began to look for new creatures, biped, quadruped, semi-legged ... - no, better not or they will fall, I would think - flying, marine, big, small, round, everything.

 After infinite time passed, and with a smile adorning his chubby cheeks - hey, you need to go on a diet, you're chubby, the devil would say.

 Look, God said to the devil, showing him his creations on the computer.

 Very good! You really are creative! - Tapping him on the shoulder-have you fun?

 I loved it! And thanks for being creative. I think you have opened new lights for me, because I could very well be a creator.

 Another good idea.

 It is that I would like to give life to these creations.

 do it !

 And God, using the streams of power emanating from his cosmic energy, adjusted his cheeks with all his might.

 He released a "bang" from his behind, thus creating the air and the chemical elements necessary for life to be given to his creations.

 However, those creations got out of control and multiplied without stopping, filling all the spaces there were.

 look! They are crowning a man.

 The king of him. You are no longer the king of your creation. You are just a belief.

 Like you.

 I do not. I can enter that hell that you have created. You don't, because you are lazy and you don't know how to fly.

 fly ?

 So is. You should put on some wings, lend yourself the golden crown of the sun, and make yourself king.

 really ? - doubting with hope set on greed.

 Clear !

 God narrowed his eyes in concern.

 Hey, you will get wrinkles in your eyes if you continue with that face - h the devil, predicting God's reaction, began to play a little game on the computer, which Alamo paid attention to God who began to look askance at what did the devil.

 - Could it be that there isn't a little game already installed on the computer?

 If there is one with Kings, white, black pawns. Most boring.

 . you know ?

 You teach me?

 Clear! It's so easy - and he put a chess game on the screen - black or white?

 What more off-purpose question! Obviously white.

 Okay. Obviously I stick with the black ones. Now, do you see those little squares on the board?

 Yes.

 The king walks one square, the queen walks anywhere, the agile transversals, the knight in "ele", the llosa rook only walks straight, and the pawns can walk two in the first and then one by one and do not return. understood?

 I think so.

 I start - and the devil moved a pawn, three squares forward.

 God, he said nothing, still watching the play.

 He touches you.

 My time? He asked, his pink forehead wet with sweat.

 Yes.

 And God moved the pawn, one house forward.

 The devil, he ate it.

 - is it possible to do that?

 - Clear! That's what it's about

 God, opening his eyes, moved a bishop.

 Two houses.

 The devil, took the bishop out of him, and even without being transversal, he crossed over and ate the white bishop, three houses away.

 - You are not fooling me?

 - me? impossible! I don't know how to steal!

 God brings out more pawns by always walking a house forward.

 And the devil, always taking the pawns three houses ahead, and eating the white and agile pawns, and a knight.

 God, he hadn't managed to eat a single piece of the game.

 "Am I losing?" God asked, frowning at him.

 "I don't think so. You have set your tower and your horse well before my king." That is check.

 - Excelent! I'm starting to like this game - God said it opening his face like a spring sky

 -Do you like to win or do you like to beat the enemy?

 - Both of us, I think.

 - You are just like me, then.

 "Me?" And his face clouded like a rainy day.

 - Yes, you - said the devil, in more a strategy to weaken the enemy - we are the same, really, do you know why? -and he showed her his viperine tongue - because you have two agile in play, being that one I have eaten, in the second play.

 God looked at the screen.

 It was true.

 -But how can that be true? God wondered, counting and cutting out the pieces on the board and the pieces eaten by the devil.

 - That, my friend, is cheating. Therefore, I win the game.

 And God, covering his eyes with his hands, said unconformed:

 - damn it! And how are there so many bishops?

March 28, 2021 20:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.