1 comment

Adventure Fiction Mystery


Ok Kids !!! Its getting late, ride on to the bus and yes Zulqarnain so finally u got the parents permission, thats more like it the teacher said 

Its a Bus which has made more school trips then the number of entire seats in it. The Boys sat on the right portion double seats and the Girls sat on the left portion double seats, between the portions of seats there are 3 poles at a distance from each other indicating the Bus is too old yet It had the audacity to climb on hilly roads . 

Saima I want the mirror side please, Marina Said, who has a blonde short hairs,Thin almond eyes and whites cheeks having a littles redness in it . Her stature was moderate but compared to her class fellows her height was less. Naila mockingly said Give this Choti Maharani (Little Queen ) window seat.

All students favourite Urdu teacher Mis Tasneem said Give her that seat my daughter, Marina sat on the seat and put her head on the Window's mirror 

 by Mis Tanseem's words the Matter was Solved.


Here we Go Say Bismillah,Sir Adnan asked !

Excitement started to begins but suddenly gets dulled when the he started tour's instructions . One of the boy ! said yes sir we know it now its been more then 1000 times 

All students laughed and said collectively Yes Yes we Know it ! And the excitement begins again ,,,, 

Now its been 2 hours of travelling 

The Students were talking and pointing to the high hills towards which they were heading . The girls students were showing their dresses and polished nails to each other.

Be quite for a while its a Check Post of Police, the teacher said .

On the front Mirror of the Bus "Students Tour" was written in big Bold letters . Seeing it the Police without any hesitation and stopping waved that You can Go ! So without disorientation the Bus continued its rythem.

The Boys students shouted Thank You Officers and passed flying kisses to the them, in return they too smiled, Have a safe journey they said in a loud clear voice .

After a Quarter the bus reached a single road which was divided by a paint line to make it two way. The road was giving bluish appearance seems a new road or may be this was not always the busy road that's why it seems new. On both sides of the road Tall trees of Dark brown wood and Green leaves were standing and making chain parrell to the road.There was a weird silence in the bus only the engine's sound is to be heard.Marina could still be seen her head putting on the mirror, her slight reddish cheeks can be seen in the partial reflection of the mirror.The Bus was on his way towards its destination . An awkward silence !!!!!

Yaa gardish mai hoon

Awara hoon

 Tariq started singing with louder voice trying to stimulate the Students,it worked The boys got exited and started singing with him Awara hoo!! And the noise started again , All The boys started singing ,after some lines the girls too began to singing with them .

A time reached that singing has become a competition between girls and boys, one line from girls and the other from Boys .

On Boys turn 


MERI SAPNO KI RAANI KB AYEGI TU

(The queen of my dreams, when will you come,The season of joy is here, when will you come,Life is passing by, when will you come,Come)


Zulqarnain for the first time sang and for the first time Marina heard his voice suddenly she looked back and started staring at the back seats with eyes wide open from left to right,there she saw a Dense black Hairs having a little touch of brown hairs, Round eyes, diamond shape face and a moderate stature but 1 and half inches more than Marina.

While Zulaqarnain was laughing with his friends his sight dropped on Marina,s Blonde hairs through which from the front mirror sunlight was cutting her hairs.She smiled for the very first time to Him because she was thinking that zulqarnain can't get permission from his parents and won't be available for the tour.

Zulqarnain with a smile puts his head a little between his shoulders,raised hand to her and said Hiii by making shape of mouth just , with no voice.

She just smiled and sat back on the seat but this time she didn't put her head on the window mirror.

So you was upset because you thought your Friend won't be here today, Mis tasnim asked with polite smile on her face.

Marina gave a reward smile to her and started glancing through window.Now she could see the beautiful mountains,roads, tress and the feeling the weather.(Indeed They were having a bubbles of affection and love for each other but it was not officially declared to each other )

After traveling further 1 hour, Sir adnan stood up , Ok students so we are about to reach, get ready and yes you must walk in groups of 10. each .

As soon as The bus stopped, Zulqarnain run towards Marina seat,looked at her and then dropped his sight and again looked at her

' Lets Go ' ?? He asked

With partial smile She Nodded her head in agreeing


All the students ran to the exit door 

He grabbed her fluffy hand

Its ,,, its aaa its just for,for that you may not fell He said with shivering lips.

The Dimples in her cheeks answered !!!

All the students were now in a paradise sensing spot, cool breeze,greenery every where,upfront the mountains on the top of which Snow could be seen, the chirping birds and lake of clear blue water was giving extra beauty .

All students were assemble in front of teachers now !

How beautiful, oh man how beautiful Mis tasnim said 

Yes so beautiful and so dangerous look at that sign of no Crossing did you see .Sir adnan asked !!

On Sign board "Don't show up or you will be shot fired "

Partial voices said Yes , So don't go near there its a starting of the Border he said ! 

ENJOY NOW !!!

What an eye pleasing scene it was ,students roaming here and there eating Bugers and sipping from the Drinks, Snow balls can be seen throwing on each other, Laughs !!!!! 

Half an hour passed in enoyment .After that zulqarnain reached to her who was sitting on the bench now Zulqarnain and Marina were the only 2 who were sitting on the bench peacfully !

I thought you were not coming she said .

Yes I was about to be left behind in the home but after my insisting so much I was able to convince them he said !

Oh that's Good

How's the place zulqarnain asked Do u like it ?Yes its so beautiful,Marina said !!!

I like your writing so much Will you write something on our trip.Marina asked !

He said yes indeed I will , 

I have learned by heart your last poem you have written Marina said 

Oh which one I don't remember it 

Marina started reading his poem :


Reaching fast than Gallop Horse

A Connection Firm than irresistible Force !!!

To him Doesn't matter by the infinite gap

As he can jump from the countries of Norse !!!

In this chaotic world with an Absent mind

A Lad still writes your name on the dorse !!!

How Strange and strong the belief of a Manic has 

Hoping Dios to make through the mountain a plane course !!!

So that he can see her, touch her without any SOURCE !!!               

Oh WOW ! You have a good memory even I have forgot this , He was lying in order that he can appreciate her 

Can I, I ,mmm Can I ask You,you something if u don't mind ,Zulqarnain asked !

Marina Said Without any hesitation Yes Yes !

These boys talked too much about us I'm Sorry for that ,Just don't give them an ear

No matter she said :

Screaming from Tariq : Hey Buddy comeover here what are you doing there I'm going to show you something, He was standing at a little distance from cautionary sign of no Crossing !

Ok Boss Here I Come !!

I must go and catch them zulqarnain asked !

Ok Ok you can go she said with a disapproving voice !

He stood up and began to walk 

Zulqarnain? !!! Marina called him with low pitch voice He turns back and said did u called me !

Marina said Yes I have something for YOU 

What it is !!!He asked

Marina take out an small envelope out of her bag with shivering hands on which Painting 

Could be seen And it was tied with blue and red thin ribbons.She extend her hand towards him in which she was holding envelope. She could feel the breeze cutting her thin envelope.You should read this when u get free 

What it is he asked ! So u want to become like me,is it a poem?Just Kidding !

She didn't say anything zipped her bag and started walking .

((Hey Marina ! I want to say something to you , he was trembling. 

What it is she said! Mmm aaa May be it's completely different from what's inside your envelope has but forgive me if it bothers you.

No I won't mind you are my friend say whatever you want.

Zulaqarnain always wanted to express his feelings and for this every time he would go to her and then couldn't say a word,fearing that he may not lose her friendship too .

While Zulqarnain saying that The matter is that I from a long time ......... Someone forcefully thumped Zulqarnain on his shoulder ,What the hell are you doing in here come on lets go it was Tariq who came after him to take him with himslef

He quickly put the envelope in his pocket which Marina gave to her , Yes lets go lets go zulqarnain said with reprobate smile !

He was now gone with his friends and Marina started thinking about the envelope he gave to him .

Here came her friends ,We were looking for you from long where were you.

Naila again Mockingly said 'Oh May be our Maharani was busy with someone now tell us what was going there for so long ?The girls laughed !!!

She nodded and walked away in hassle.

Between Zulqarnain and Marina , Zulqarnain feelings for her were always too much but he was seems to be always happy and smiling with his friend. The matter is that he was not expressing it.

Sir adnan who was Their Social Studies Teacher he was giving breif exerpts of the historical points to some of his students who were roaming with him. Mis tasnim was having a Cup of Tea in her hand inspecting all the circumstances and seems to be happy .


Marina sat on a bench looking at the bewitching Mountains and from far she could perceive Zulaqarnain Laughing Voice .She looked at him he was disporting with his friends .

Tariq would go to the cautionary sign board and yelled Is There any enemy beyond the border who can fight Me and then all laughed.

They all sat their and recommended that lets Play Truth or Dare.Zulqarnain was physically with them but he was in little discomfort or soreness that when he will read what's inside the envelope has?

Tariq said To Hammad ok Truth or Dare He said truth , So we came to know that you got bettered by the Principal when he called you , Aaaah He Said Yes !!! and all laughed !!!

Spinning the turn one bye one now it was his turn

Now your turn Zulaqarnain Truth or Dare ?

Dare Baby Dare !!! He said 

Ok So take out your shoe and through it beyond The Cautionary sign and then go for it to take it back , All the boys collectively laughed and Said Yes Yes Do it,He replied he won't do it Sir adnan has circumscribed Us , I will rather go for Truth ! Hammad said no no Once you choose the Dare you can't change it and You know.

Marina with slight small from far was seeing all this but can't hear what was going there.

When Zulqarnain refused to to do it after several times Tariq said lets take out his shoe and threw it away.Zulaqarnain was laughing No No please don't do it he ran away from them but the wallet along with that envelope dropped from his pocket.

Tariq with a loud voice Wohoo what I've got He stopped and turns back tariq was holding envelope and wallet in his both of hands, let's throw this away and then you must have to go for them.

When Marina see her envelope in the strange hands she stood up and looked to zulqarnain with stiffness . He also noticed her expressions 

Suddenly zulqarnain mood swinged, his voice became harsh, his chest spreaded and his standing position got changed 

Ok Throw the wallet away but just don't throw that envelope ,he said

Oh so it's something special tariq said ,he put the envelope in the wallet and threw it away with constrain force which goes beyond the cautionary sign board of No Crossing , From far he could see his wallet and that envelope laying at a distance from wallet , he looked at Marina again and this time her countenance were near to crying !

Noticing her expressions he got hyped and started walking aggressively towards Tariq but he noticed that wind was taking his envelope away ,

Without thinking he ran towards the envelope beyond the Cautionary sign Board .

 BUT now the wind has taken the envelope more far than the wallet .

Immediately Mis tasnim saw him, she shouts No Zulqarnain don't Go but he didn't listen while running or may be he was not stopping at all,

He ran towrads the wallet but infact he didn't stop at the wallet nor he picked it up instead he ran towards envelope which has now gone even more far due to its light weight and strong wind. Running after the envelope he was now in between tha dense trees and slippery snow on the sloppy ground towards down .At last he got the envelope and started opening it. HE was so far that he could not hear the shoutings of His fellows . As he was opening the envelope he can now clearly hear the sound of a river which may b flowing so far,Birds chirping hitting his ear veil so comfortably and butterflies were roaming around him. 

Hey My Dear Zulqarnain ! From such a long span I wanted to tell you something but I was not able to express my feelings because I feared that I may not even lose my friendship with you. The Point is that through past years I have developed a connection with you ,even with ecstasy I come to college to see You . I LOVED YOU AND I LOVE YOU ! These are not just formal three words but I mean it and oh u don't know how I mean it .This may be one of the oldest ways to ask out but it will sure shot turn out to be a winner. 

 ( The exact similar words were written which were in the heart of Zulqarnain from very long).Reading upto hear he left it in the mid he became so happy, he was in state of an intense feeling of deep affection,his body got extra boost, he became so joyous that he forgot his fellows will be waiting for him , he took out a pen from his pocket and start writing on the back side of the page he was writing something that suddenly his foot slipped and shouted.

He was now out of sight of every one all the students including Tariq were calling him .Miss tasnim and sir adnan also showed up at the sign board but didn't found him.They shout too much but it didn't worked,after 3 or 4 minutes a sharp scream of Zulqarnain was heard seems like he got really far . THEY were all frightened with in matter of time the administrations of that area showed up . Now Marina can also be seen with the Administrative persons , she was down on her knees and was dropping her's pearls like tears on the snow . 

The administrative told Sir Adnan that it is actually a Dead End 1000 of miles down and a sea is flowing aggressively down there but we had put a trickster sign board because the people then insist to go and watch it,in order to steer clear of them we haveput this sign board of a Border . The administrative persons now spread beyond the Sign board with ropes in hands with them.

Now its been 20 minutes but no clue of Zulqarnain had been found , Marina's situation was getting uglier so was Mis tasnim's and Sir adnan . Half an hour more ,No Clue


All the students were told to sit in the bus except Marina who insisted to stand with Mis tasnim and Sir Adnan . After further 10 minutes One of the Administrative Person showed up with information .Marina began to Cry vociferously and so as Mis tasnim.

Sir adnan took her to the bus where all the students were sitting in sorrow. They sat there for further 2 hours.

Now the College was informed Too About detestable situation .

The Students bus was Instructed to come back to the college and they did the same , Zulqarnain Parents were present in college like lunatics Crying and cursing each other for letting him go . However the night transpired.

And all the people in their home thinking about that awful situation 

 2 days passed but No clue of Zulqarnain .

On the contrary its been 2 days Marina didn't show up to school her parents told that she has slammed Closed her self in a room not talking to anyone and not even eating any thing !

Her parents thought may she was in distress due to that incident but the consequence was that SHE HAS LOST WHAT SHE WAS ABOUT TO FIND 




June 14, 2021 09:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Abbey Long
10:25 Jun 24, 2021

This seems a lot longer than 3,000 words, but could be wrong. The story is a little difficult to read, as there are no quotation marks. You need to add in punctuation; that's just as essential as the storyline. Without the punctuation, you can't read the story that well, and that just ruins a perfectly good story. Hope this helps

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.