3 comments

Happy Fiction Friendship

Jay came home early today! I wonder why though maybe the other humans aren’t letting Jay work today or something like that… But that means I’ll be able to play with him more yay yay yay! We could go to the park, go swimming in the lake, visit Jay’s Momma and-and even go treat shopping like on my birthday every year. Oh what fun this’ll be for me and Jay! But he might have to go to work tomorrow though then I’ll be stuck at home all alone and-and I’ll have to try and play with the cat and Patches is no fun at all.


Jay stayed home today and was watching the <TV?> and the people on there were talking about <Coronavirus??> but who cares because my family is nice and healthy and is absolutely fine! I can’t wait to go to the park! I’ll bring him the leash so we can go on a walk and explore the neighborhood some more and chase squirrels! I just can’t wait to go on a walk with Jay! 


We couldn’t go on a walk and Jay won’t let Patches and I go outside. We’ve been stuck at home for hours. I’m bored and tired of playing tag and chase so I’ll go sit around on Jay’s lap and watch <Korean Dramas?> with him. He opened Netflix and is looking at <Boys over Flowers??> and <Playful Kiss???>


Day two of Jay staying home and all we do is watch Korean Dramas. I just want to go outside but it’s Nap Time though *Yawn…


Today I got to go in the backyard and all I could hear from Jay was “Cammie where are you?” I have never abandoned my precious human and never want to so I don’t know what’s making Jay so anxious. I’ll stay in Jay’s line of sight so he won't get so worried about me. Like I said I would never abandon Jay under any circumstance because I love my human with all my heart.


This morning Jay woke up with a <fever?> and was breathing a little more heavily than usual. He eventually was fine but I wonder was he sick with this new <Coronavirus??> disease? I don’t know though. Probably not, he's a really healthy human and never gets sick. Maybe I’ll get to go outside again today and play with a frisbee this time! I am so excited to go outside today!


I didn’t get to go outside and play with a frisbee today. I’m stuck inside watching more korean dramas and now some <Anime?> called <Kill la Kill??> and it’s very fun and interesting to look at. I have a lot of energy and I don’t know how to use it so I might just chase my tail.


I’m very very dizzy after chasing my tail and now all my energy is gone! While chasing my tail I almost knocked over my bowl. Patches was busy mumbling things under her breath as usual. Thinking of Patches what has she done these past few days stuck inside. She’s an outside cat so this must be very irritating to her. Maybe we might go outside sometimes soon I don’t know at this point… But I have to keep up a good attitude and not get discouraged so Jay can get better and bring me to the park! The people on the news said to stay inside though that might be why we’re stuck at home...They said it was called <Quarantine?>.

Jay and I got to eat pizza for breakfast and go to a grocery store today! We bought Purell, Kleenex, Lucky Charms, dog treats, granola bars, orange juice, strawberries, chocolate chips and whipped cream. We just got home and Jay sliced the strawberries, put them in a bowl, added whipped cream and sprinkled some chocolate chips right on top. I got to eat some and it was absolutely delicious! I hope I can have some Lucky Charms too!


Today I get to go ride in the car with Jay to a drive by testing place. I can’t wait to leave the house today. Finally after all those days of being cooped up inside the house. Patches is staying home as usual, but that makes it more fun! I just cannot wait until I get to go out with Jay! I like to stick my head out the window and-and feel the cool breeze on my face! Sometimes I see other dogs on the road with their heads out the window enjoying their time in the car. But, I wonder why Jay has to go to a testing place. Like I said my human is perfectly healthy and would never get sick.


My Jay has been abducted by some people in <Hazmat?> suits! They said he had tested <positive?> for <Coronavirus??> and they had to put him in <Quarantine??> but I can’t go with himI, But won't let them separate me from my owner. Never will they ever take me away from my precious human. Why can’t I stay with my human, Is it too much to ask for? Why must things happen this way! My human is the most important thing in my life and they’re just taking him away without any consent and-and leaving me at Jay’s momma’s house for no absolute reason! How could they…


I escaped from Jay’s momma house and I can smell Jay’s scent very very strongly. Patches said “Good luck finding Jay and you better not get lost because I’m not going to hunt you down Okay?”. I can’t believe her though abandoning Jay in a time of need! But that’s her choice and I’m Jay’s loyal, faithful, friendly, bestest friend so I will find him and bring him home.


It’s been a day of chasing cars (Author’s note: Haha that’s a song) and I made it to the place where they are holding Jay captive! Finally I get to see my owner after such a long journey. I trot up to the big white <Hospital?> building, look around for the nearest entrance and immediately spot it.


The hospital staff isn’t fond of my attempted visit. They try to chase me out of the building but I bolt around them following the scent of my human to a flight of stairs and I sprint up the stairs. I burst through a set of doors dashing through the halls dodging objects and panting with exhaustion. Everything is a blur around me. Finally I smell Jay’s scent coming from a room to my left and I take a sharp turn almost sliding past the entrance. I break through the door and spring onto Jay’s bed and give him a big lick right on the forehead. Jay’s eyes open and immediately fill with happiness. “Cammie, you came for me!” He smilesI give a short bark and give him another lick Finally I get to be with my owner again!



March 28, 2020 01:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Shirley Medhurst
16:56 Mar 29, 2020

Cute story. I did notice that you switched back & forth from present to past tense quite a bit. Or was it maybe intentional?

Reply

Chloe Harris
21:53 Mar 30, 2020

I wanted to mix things up a bit for this story because I usually stick with present tense but wanted to test out using multiple tenses at a time.

Reply

Shirley Medhurst
07:28 Mar 31, 2020

OK, thanks for the explanation

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.