2 comments

Crime Fiction Thriller

Everything was ready for the ritual tonight. I still have all day to get my plans executed. I spent my entire year preparing for this night, and I never really see the fruits of my work. I do it because I know my powers and what they do. What I learned can never be enough to prove my kind even exists. I have learned very early in my life that what I can do is weird, undebatable, and yet simply accepted by all to be normal. I am a powerful Jinxer, yes, a Jinxer, if I see something or I learn about something via any of my senses and I like it so much it creates some type of negative energy around that jinxed item, and it would be only a matter of time for the jinxed person to suffer the weirdest, unexpected accidents, some small and lead to nothing but a bump, but some lead to certain deaths. In the Halloween night, my powers are the strongest because it is amplified by the number of costumes and lights and chants. They all come together to make me an absolute nightmare for the jinx believers.

My Grandmother was the first to notice my dilemma. Kids didn’t want to play with me, because during a game of soccer, the accidents are so frequent, even kids linked them to me even if they can’t explain it, since I rarely touch the ball. So, I was secluded from all games, only few people were safe from my jinxes. Either they were insignificant in driving my interest in them or any jinx items they have, or they had some anti-jinx powers. And I know you have met my type and their type, but you probably never really believed.

Before I go any further explaining tonight’s plan and why I must satisfy this crazy urge, let me tell you how this jinx powers work, the main terms I made up myself are: the Jinxer, the Jinxed, the jinx focal, the jinx witnesses, the jinx force build up, and the jinx release force. Terms that could be ignored if few of us have experienced them closely and some accept the facts, but some chose to simply not believe that Jinxers exist all around us.

So, a Jinxer is the person with the subconscious desire to jinx, its inner soul sees or learns about something (this would be the jinx focal or JFO) and the owner or the doer of that FJO will meet some bad lock, the Jinxer has no control over what happens, his jinx only builds that negative energy around that jinx focal, and the life elements themselves and all their intricacies create the environments and conditions for an accident or some undesirable event to happen.

The Jinxed has some control, but only if he or she has inner powers to counter-react against the jinx. Some believe in some words and repeat them based on their religions or their geographic areas. Some rely on higher powers and send some positive energy around them to counter the negative energy built by the Jinxer. The more resistant the jinxed to the belief that Jinxers exist, the more powerful the negative energy will be, that energy I call the jinx force build up or the JFBU.

The jinx force build up depends on several criteria: First the Jinxer’s powers, second the jinx focal, is it a beautiful dress, or a nice expensive red bright car. The more choking the jinx focal to the eyes of the Jinxer, the more powerful the jinx force will be. This force is also amplified by the jinx witnesses, a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress entering a large room will experience two things: some people will love the dress and won’t cause her much, but some others, especially those negative souls in the room, will send her the most powerful jinxes, and this jinx will keep building until the jinx is released through what I call the jinx release force or JRF, that is the time the jinx loop is closed, the jinxed will see his or her faith unfold, he falls in the stairs, or gets an accident or cuts or burns his hands in the most unpredictable ways.

The problem here is that the longer the time between the jinx moment and the jinx force release the worst the release will be, and the damage is sometimes multiplied several folds, from a bump against a wall to the worst car accident, or from a simple cut to a loss of life.

The science behind these phenomena is not documented nor measured, and that is where I come in. And because I lived my entire life like this, I tested every element and learned a lot from my own experiments. I am a scientist who studies these powers and wants to learn all about them. Why? I don’t know, but if they exist, they must have a reason, maybe it is our own evolution, may be our next phase of telepathically communicating comes from learning powers from the lenses of this type of science, nobody is studying them but me. I am the scientist, and the test subject, and my current counts are about these experiments during the Halloween nights when my jinxes are most powerful.

I will explain further these experiments, but for now, let me tell you how complicated jinxes are. For example, the if the jinx release force is not released through some negative energy as a bad luck accident, the jinx force build up continues to build, and it is only released hundreds of times amplified if the same jinx focal point is targeted again. Maybe be complicated but let me explain with an example:

Remember the girl in the nice dress entering the room? Imagine nothing happened to her that night. She went home, all is good, woke up fine, no issues, but then, the crazy girl used the same dress for a party her friends planned few nights later. That is very dangerous. The jinx focal is now targeted, the jinx force build up is enormous because it was building for few days, and one can only imagine the extent of the damage if a powerful Jinxer is in the crowd this time.

Do I have some explanation? You bet I do; I believe we live in between two realms, where energies go in and out in-between, and Jinxers tap into those energies and sometimes mold them without knowing how, nor having any need to get involved, but the most important element that drives these energies are our desires. Yes, our desires. The jinxed puts so much energy around some item until it becomes a jinx focal, and the Jinxer receives that energy and reverses it to a negative energy and creates the jinx force build up. The proof, the more witnesses around the jinx moment, the most hurtful will be the jinx release force, i.e., the damage.

You may ask if this is all true. So why aren’t others weaponizing this knowledge and using it? And you are right, it is already weaponized. Do you keep following trending accounts after they disappear from Instagram? Well, you don’t, because once they become invisible, their owners have already felt the Jinx, and they may simply want to be forgotten. Maybe it is safer. You don’t believe me? Try to remember a person you followed in the past and you don’t hear from anymore and try to find out why. You will find out something had happened to them. So, what happened? I can tell you: they got jinxed.

******

For me to understand the jinx and its damage I must document both the jinx and the jinx release force, meaning I have to be present during the jinx, and I have to document every moment of the jinx force build until it is released at the moment of an accident for example. Because all of it is unpredictable, I must record every moment of my Halloween day. And any person I jinx needs to be monitored the entire day and even for few days until the jinx release. How can I do that? Well strap in, you are in for a surprise.

If you have a phone, I am monitoring you. If you go outside, I am watching you. If you have the Internet inside your house, on your laptop, on your phone, I got you. That is my secret. You may think I am a hacker or a government employee with unlimited access. You are half right; I am much, much more.

******

To monitor my victims, I have first to select them. The selection process lasts months starting December of last year. I connect and follow many people, and I target those I can interact with the most. Especially those that are snob enough to give me what I am looking for: the perfect jinx focal. Items or experiences driving envy, and my subconscious desires to have the same or experience the same. The second selection process is how easy is it to monitor them. Their online presence, their lack of information security, and even of their closest friends and family. The more information I gather, the easier I can monitor them. Yes, a real creep, but it is all in the name of science.

How can I monitor all this data and extrapolate any useful information? Well, thanks to the scientist who built so many open-source artificial intelligence programs. I can use an AI, it will collect the data and I only have to ask questions and it answers, if it comes up with “not enough information”, I retrieve more data about the target from other sources, for example in 2019 I couldn’t figure out enough about one of my victims from his internet connected devices, however checking his fridge data, I learned what he eats, and how he learned to plan his foods, and I found out he has a second life and very creepy friends who tell him things and teach him stuff. I targeted all of them, and bingo, he was monitored through his connections to an entire network of creepy individuals interested in some very weird practices involving Vudu, drinking animal blood, and some creepy sexual behaviors.

Now that you know I go to great lengths to monitor my victims, how do I do it? Simple, I embed myself in their circles, and act like them until I am them. Then meditates, drive around the night of Halloween until I build enough negative energies, then release it by meeting them and project very negative thoughts on them, like saying or thinking: on my, look at that house, so clean, so beautiful, it shows this guy makes real money; I wonder what his life would be if he loses it all?

By reading this, you will hate me, but I do it for science. Plus, I really hate clean houses. These thoughts need to stay negative and creepy all the way. The jinx force build up will start at that moment. I leave that guy and find a pretext to go visit my second victim. During this time, my AI is saving, monitoring, and recording everything from any source of information I have given him access to, from social networking sites to bank transactions and even how many times the networked fridge and microwave were opened.

My ritual goes on for hours. Usually, I target 5 people every Halloween. And with no fail, within 3 days I see results that leave me speechless, giving me the drive to do more. And this time I am doing more. I have decided to not only jinx but also try to cause harm without really seeking it. For example, I decided to subconsciously accept to be an agent of the negative forces causing the accidents, like leaving a banana on the flour and seeing if the jinxed will step on it, just to test, which one friend present will fall because of it, and again without fail, the jinxed is the one who always step on the banana.

I have been doing this for the last 10 years, and I have proven without a doubt that the jinx concept is as real as life itself. Now this night the preps are a bit more sophisticated. Instead of a banana and seeing somebody fall, I wanted to see some blood, again very creepy, but it is all in the name of science. The experiment this year is the opposite, I am trying to prove that a Jinxer can also project positive thoughts and see good things happen, but because I always go outside of the box, this time I will jinx with positive energies, and will effectively and proactively try to hurt those victims and see if their good luck and the positive energies I have projected on them will protect them.

I know, I know, creepy, but again, it is in the name of … you know… science, of course.

Am I a serial killer in the making? Of course not. I just find it acceptable hurting the unexpected and the unprepared for the name of science. I will do my best to create the craziest environments for my victims to get hurt. Things that can hurt us are all around us, just need a little push. Let me tell you my plans for my five victims.

Victim one: a pretentious software engineer, who can’t maintain a friend simply because he is creepy, just like me. He has always been careful, and lucks up behind him, what would happen if I left his house security open for only this night, and what would happen if I shared online that there is a house with over $100k of electronics open for grabs. Would this be enough to test my theory? We will see, because my AI was sharing this information for months now, and the bate is cast. Just need to see how lucky our friend is tonight.

Victim two: a medical doctor who is extremely meticulous, she is an epidemiologist, and knows all too well how to protect herself from spills and contaminations, what if I create the right environments for her to get contaminated and get COVID although she is fully vaccinated and even had her third booster COVID shut? Would she be safe, or will her luck finally run out? My plan for her is to expose her to so much virus her vaccines will be useless. She orders her air filters online. I have been intercepting her orders and contaminating her filters with COVID and shipping them again. This shipping scheme is a story of another time. How did I get a hold of the virus? Well, by getting embedded as a janitor in a hospital I could get access to so much of what I needed, again this is months in planning, and all I needed is a part-time job at a hospital and have access to an ER room.

Victim three: a simple cab driver, the best driver I have ever known. Can a small mechanical problem in his brakes be his downfall? We will see after I remotely damage is car computer and mess with his brake system, his is planning to work on Halloween night, so a simple call to get him to drive me to my fourth victim, and I will do my magic to positively jinx him and see if he will survive the night when I launch my malware in his car computer.

Victim four: a teacher, a gracious lady who always invites me to eat with her family. She is the easiest to help by projecting my most positive thoughts, mainly because I respect her. The challenge is to create the harmful environment. How about putting a hit on her? And I will pay with bitcoin. Let’s hope the killer won’t have much luck because I genuinely like her.

I need to think about next year; I am excited to see what will happen to my four victims. Oh yes, the fifth victim is me, of course. It must be me. I have been putting many clues about my doings all over the internet. And if I am lucky, nobody will know it was me who set up all these crazy plans for my friends to get hurt or even die. But if my experiment fails, I will have some unwelcome visitors.

What can I tell you? Here is the worst of all findings: we are all Jinxers, but with diverse powers, and we have all met in our lives this type of people. So beware, they are real, maybe a friend who saw you on a costume or a dress and moments later you bit your tongue, or dropped your phone in an unflushed toilet, or hit your head against a kitchen cabinet, I know you have seen it, I for example see it a lot because I jinx myself all the time, yes I am a self Jinxer too, but it is all in the name of… wait I hear somebody at the door, who is there?

“Open up, Police!”

October 24, 2021 00:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sam Borgui
20:43 Oct 24, 2021

Jessica, Thank you so much, i wrote it in one morning, i will be attempting to do the same weekly. will post them in facebook weekly. Sam.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jessica Lofton
03:43 Oct 24, 2021

This is good! The details of the process, and the emotional detachment of "its for science". You have a great imagination.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.