1 comment

Speculative Teens & Young Adult Fantasy

On ani-internet chatting site. 

(At mid night)

I was just pondering and opend up a random site without registering i entered and was looking to chat with someone. 

This is my real story you can fake upon.


*Note: You will never be the same again!



Me: Hey hi..


Me : How r you?? 


Stranger: hi 

Stranger: im f n u?

Me: I am boy.


Stranger: I am fine. Hau?


… … .. …


..


…. .. … …


(Yes, I am chatting with a random stranger.)


Me: What is “hau”?? 


Stranger: Don’t you know?


Me: Actually No.


Stranger: It means “how about you”


Me: Oh IC. I am good.


Stranger: How r you here??


Me: I am just surfing on web. 


Stranger: Strange. 


Me: How you are here by the way my name is Om. What's your?


Stranger: Just roaming here for a random chat. 


Me: Oh cool my friend. 


Stranger: I am not your friend.


Me: hmm.. why??


Stranger: I don’t wanna attach with anyone. Its not safe many times.


Me: Hmm.. you got a point.


Stranger: Lets just talk like stranger call me X.


Me: Well can I ask a question?


Stranger: Yes.


Me: How can I or you can decide that we are not deceived. 


Me: Frauds are real smart. 


.. ….. …. (High ping) … ……


Me: ??


Stranger: Well its safe on internet we have not filled any id or something its just a random chat.


Stranger: And I am that smart that no one can deceive me over here.


Me: Nice confidence. But anyone can be deceived my friend.


Stranger: Haha.. and who can deceive me. Can you?


Me: Maybe.


Stranger: Try it.


Me: Haha.. words r very powerful, my friend.


Stranger: Hmm.. so smart.


Me: Leave this topic lets chat on something else. What r your hobbies??


. …. .(stranger is typing)


Stranger: Swimming, kick boxing, basketball, hangout with my friends.


Stranger: What abt you??


Me: I am a writer. 


Stranger: Cool


Stranger: What do you write?


Me: I try my best to make my words come to life. I enjoy that a lot.


Stranger: Haha nice explanation.


Me: Would you like to listen a real story.


Stranger: hmm..


Me: I promise I will keep it small.


Stranger: Okay.


Me: Shall I began ..


Stranger: Go On.


Me: You have to make a promise you will stick to the last


Stranger: okay; but depends upon your story.


Me: Okay!!

Me: This is the story of a 8 year old boy. Who is very smart and intelligent. Full of curiosity with exceptionally logical and imaginative mind.

His only problem being "He Questions"


Stranger: How can questioning be problem, its good to question.

Me: The same appears to everyone. But not for that kid.

Me: He was a happy kid. But so many times he just get lost in deep thinking.

Me: Like One day, while observing the dripping leak of water from the tap. That tip.. tip. Tip.. tip.. i fell in deep meditation. It was a deep entanglement for the boy. That day he spent 3 hours watching that dripping water. Only then he realised how long he's been watching that.

Me: "The best way to learn is to- become the subject" 

Me: The same is been in that young boy. So natural.. so innocent.

haaaah ( a deep breath)..

(A moment of pause)

Stranger: What's next?

Me: Oh yes.. next hmm.,

Me: From that day he was so sad all the time that happy and smart kid almost forget how to smile. Don't play, don't talk with anyone. He was so popular because of his skills and intelligence crafting in learning anything that everyone wants to talk with him. The day he talks to anyone, it becomes a gossip for weeks in school.

He was not less then a celebrity.

Few of his mates think he's having too much attitude. But its for sure you can have a look at his face its been a year now he never looks like that. 

He's not happy, just always stays alone. Thinking and busy in his own world.

No one exactly knows that what had actually happened.

Even one day his class (Ms.)teacher in a Parent's teacher's meeting said to my mom "your kid is so smart he's very intelligent and catchy he answers everything correctly"

But..

Mom: But what mam??

Teacher: My only complaint is "He's super silent and always into something and never shares what's going in his head"

Me: Looking at me teacher said moreover your kid is a genius just like Albert Einstein.

Me: My face didn't changed a bit.

Me: Even in front of so many parents and mates this boy didn't felt a bit of proud he remained silent. 

Teacher was suspecting but failed to unveil the truth.

Mom: Mam i always tell him to go and play. Talk to your friends and other people's.

Mom: But he never moves and into something i dont understand just lost.

Me: The moment was asking and attempting to ask from the boy. But he was a hard nut and didn't said a bit. 

Me: Teacher wrote super silent kid on his report card. Even she was confused what he is upto. He's genius and having loving and caring parents. But he don't feel happy or even sad. Just always lost into something. 

Me: No one knows what's the problem. He's not having a spek of attitude or ego, he's smiling just a year back then.

His intelligence suddenly grew more intense and he became immensely focused into something, it appears that he's searching for something. But no one knows what? What can be so precious for a 8 year old boy that he even forgot to smile?

.. .... ..(stranger is typing)

Stranger: Its so weird i am not getting this is there anyone stalking at him or something??

Me: No.

Stranger: So what was that??

Me: My friend do you really want to know the truth? 

Stranger: Yes, Ofcourse.

Me: Think again.. because you might not be the same person after knowing this. This might destroy you from inside in vain just like that young boy.

Me: Do you still want to experience the vain of that little boy?

.. ... ...(stranger is typing).,

Stranger: Yes i want to. 

Me: Okay then.

Me: That young boy had a dream that day, when it all was about to start. That dream was so intense that it was no different than a vision one can have with utmost intensity.

Me: He realised in his dream that the world he is living in is already dead. His most loving mom and Dad are no more. No one is alive. He left alone on this dead planet.

Me: He's crying but no one is there to listen. No one..

Me: Only his brain is cooking up the idea of life around him. Just to make his survival possible. People, food, friends, gadgets, parents and everyone is just ideas of his own brain to make him feel life around him. 

Me: He is always silent because he always crying in tears full time from his inside and whenever alone. 

Me: He is intensely focused just to find the answer that why is he alive and why he's brain doing this all with him fooling himself with illusion.

Me: He needs help otherwise he might die.

Stranger: But the world is real. His thinking is wrong.

Me: It is easy to say but really really hard for him to believe.

(A moment of pause)... .. 

Me: It all started because he asked questions and his continue questioning reached to such a level which surpassed all logics and he wanted to know "Who am i" so fundamental but so rare.

Me: He works to find everyday the reason of his survival and always been in vain.

Me: Now you just tell me how can he have attitude, ego or passion or dispassion??

Me: He is in deep pain.

Stranger: Its its.. i dont know what to say.

Me: I told you it might be disturbing.

Me: That's why i hesitated.

Stranger: But how can it be?

Me: I told you its real story.

Me: Do you know who he is?

Stranger: "You"

Me: Right its me.

... ... ... ..... ..

Stranger: Look consider me as your friend and trust me the world is real. Try to see and talk with people and watch other things just dont think about it.

Me: No matter how logical you think you're. I can never get a proof that is the world real or not.

Me: You might said right but just tell me what is the chance that this is not just another trick of my brain to keep me alive and make me forget my vain for a while may be for few more years of lie.

Stranger: No No trust me its not fake. 

Me: My mind is playing tricks with me from years. I am 17 but nothing really changed i wake up everyday with this same fear that one day when i will awake nothing will be here. This not even let me sleep.

Me: I cannot tell you how painful it is.

Stranger: But its not true. See i go out with my friends and live with my happy family. 

Me: I told you my friend its just a waste effort i am sorry but you r just trying to conveince me for the same thing my mind is doing.

Stranger: Look Om its not..

(I interrupted)

Me: See this is the reality i was talking about and i even warned you. Now you're talking the language of my head too. 

Stranger: No.

Me: wait my friend. Let me ask you something. Can i?

...(Stranger is typing)...

Stranger: Yes 

Me: Just for a moment stop convencing me and take a pause. And think about my question and not about my problem.

Can you convence yourself that the world around you is real. And not just a fake illusion of your head.

Just for a moment think like this.. 

May be i am the one who just is a small piece of your brain who told you the truth. 

"That the world is not real"

Can you now say all those things about feelings, emotions and your hangouts with friends like the same way you told me? 

Ponder upon this for a moment and i wait here for your reply.

.....

.... .,,, .... "a brief silence covered all gaps"

...(Stranger is typing) 

Stranger: But i still think the world is real.

Me: hmm.. good for you my friend. But i am living with this everyday. I can understand how hard it is. 

Me: No matter i am a voice inside you or you're just another trick of my brain. I can never get out of this i am struggling to come out of this.

Stranger: Look om, what you just told me can shake anyone's world.

All i can pray that you found what you're looking for. 

Me: Thanks : )

Me: I am tring to smile in my pain.

Stranger: You can mail me anytime you feel like.

Stranger: Malisae.,,..@yaghhp.com

Me: Ofcourse she gave me her real email address. And told me her real name that night.


So what do you think about this little conversation. Do you have the dare to ponder upon the question i did. Or dare to accept this challenge?


[I just deceived you] 

























November 20, 2020 19:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

19:53 Nov 20, 2020

*caution: You may be not the same person after reading my story. Please dont read if you cant face the truth. The story starts with a chat and slowly proceeds with a conversation.. . By just words you can feel the intensity of emotions dripping out in every line. Dont judge too quick. Its more in the next line and even more of a secret. Its my secret!! Shhh.. Never share this story it can shake your equilibrium. Now its your choice or is it?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.