0 comments

Adventure Fiction Friendship

Emily a young lady at the age of fourteen always wanted something more she even thought she was special in some way. She had a dream one night of a much old er man talking to her but from a distance she could not see his face. The man voice was deep he told her that her time is coming she is meant for more this just a boring life. In a run down home out in the middle of no where.

Man: ( I know your parents work hard. I know they love you very much but you are meant for something more and your time will come . If you believe me in three days time I will return I will also tell you something that you have to recite when you are awake. When you do you have to search your house to find the gate way.)

Emily: ( Okay. Wait the gate way to where?)

Man: ( You will see.)

Emily woke up the next day happy knowing that she was right she was meant for something more. Her parents tried to figure out why she was so happy.

Parents: ( Emily why are you so happy today.)

Emily: ( I want to tell you but I can not right now. When I figure it out I will tell you.)

Emily went about her day counting down the hours excited that there was only two days left. That night she went to bed hoping the man would show back up in her dream. He did not show up though she did dream about a world where she was learning magic. Where she brought happiness to her parents lives she used her magic to fix the house she lived in.

Her parents was so proud of her of who she became in her dream over the next couple of days. Emily would take naps whenever she could in hopes that the man would show up. He still did not show up on the very last day Emily went to the store with her mom. On the way Emily just stared out the window a little upset that the man never came back.

Emily stared to question if she is meant for something more or not as she was looking out the window. The man appeared in the window looking into Emily’s eyes the man begins to speak.

Man: ( Emily do not question your self you are meant for more.)

Emily begins to speak.

Man: ( No! Do not speak with your mouth speak with your mind. I can hear you that way your mother does not need to know right now.)

Emily speaks with her mind.

Emily: ( Where was you I waited for you. Also why can my mother not know about any of this.)

Man: ( Sigh) ( Emily you want to surprise your family with your gifts .)

Emily: ( Yes I do.)

Man: ( Then right now we have to keep things quiet just until you learn to control them.)

Emily: ( Okay.)

Man: ( Now tonight at ten o’clock I will come back so be ready.)

Emily: ( Okay I will be ready.)

Emily and her mother kept driving to the store Emily was so excited that the man showed back up. That she wish for the day to be over already so she could go to bed they finally get to the store Emily’s mom asks.

Mom: ( What would you like for supper?)

Emily: ( Hmm. I am not really sure everything looks so good.)

Emily had the biggest smile her mother has ever seen

Mom: ( What has you so happy?)

Emily: ( Oh! Nothing I am just happy we get to spend some time together is all.)

Emily’s mom does not really buy that response but they go about shopping. As they get everything they need for the week the go to the register and check out. As they walk out to put the groceries in the car. Emily begins thinking about what this new place will be like when she goes through the gate way will it be a school. Maybe it will be a big house where a select few get to go or maybe a big collage like place, where they get to learn everything magic.

She begins to wonder if she will get a magic wand Emily gets snapped out of thought when her mom says.

Mom: ( Hey space cadet. You going to help me put the groceries in the car.)

Emily laughs a little at what her mom says.

Emily: ( Sure mom sorry I was just thinking.)

Mom: ( Oh really what about?)

Emily: ( Nothing important. I was just thinking about school next year.)

Mom: ( Oh really. You going to be in another grade soon you will be off to collage.)

Her mom cry’s a little.

Mom: ( Oh my baby is growing up.)

Emily: ( Oh mom it is fine. I am a long way off from going to collage.)

Emily’s mom gives her a hug they finish putting the groceries in the car and head back home. They finally arrive back home they get all the groceries in the house Emily runs up stairs to take a bath while her parents cook supper. She finishes up with her bath just in time for supper they all gather around the table to eat. Every one eats in total silence as they finish her parents ask.

Parents: ( Will you do up the dishes?)

They both look at each other and laugh for asking her at the same time.

Emily: ( Sure.)

Her parents leave the table walking into the living room to watch television Emily does up the dishes. Then she goes to watch television with her parents nine thirty comes around Emily says.

Emily: ( Well I am going to bed.)

Both parents: ( Okay good night.)

Emily hugs them both off to bed she goes Emily runs up the stairs closes her door. Both mom and dad look at each other shrugging their shoulders then continuing to watch television. Emily lays in her bed excited because she knows that it is about time for the man to come back. After about fifteen minutes Emily is finally asleep the man comes to her in her dreams again. She still can not see his face but he say.

Man: ( Emily finally I am so happy to see you again.)

Emily: ( I am excited to see you.)

Man: ( I have wrote down here what you need to say to open the gate way.)

Emily: ( This is to much for me to remember till morning.)

Man: ( You do not have to remember it. All you have to do is read it in the dream and your mouth will speak it.)

Emily: ( Okay.)

Emily begins reading the paper the man stands there watching her. As Emily finishes the last couple of words the man says.

Man: ( Now wake up search your house for the gate way. You will find it and I will be waiting right on the other side for you.)

Emily: ( Okay.)

Emily wakes up her parents are in bed asleep so she slowly move as quietly through the house as she can looking for the gate way. Emily moves from room to room looking but she can not find it any where she goes back to her room upset. She sits on her bed thinking it was all just some big joke she lays back down. As she is laying in bed she looks over at her bedroom window she notices something different about the window. She gets up walks over to the window she looks real hard at the window she does not move and she holds her breath looking at the widow. A little ripple goes across the window she says.

Emily: ( I found it! I finally found it.)

Emily quietly screams with excitement.

Emily take her hand puts it against the window lightly pushes against the window her hand goes through. A little scared Emily stands up walks around the room again shacking her hands talking to her self. Finally she get the courage up to take off run towards the window jumping at it she goes through to where the man is. She gets up looks him up and down he is a tall man with a long blackish gray beard with a long red cape on.

Man: ( Hello Emily I have bee expecting you.)

Emily: ( I know.)

Man: ( One year here is one hour back at your home. So you will spend one night here that is eight hours by the time the sun rises. At your house you will know everything you need to know about magic.)

Emily spend the entry night at this new place through the window she learns everything there is to know about magic. Emily becomes the top student at this whole new world she is in by the time the sun starts rising at her house she has graduated from the magic school . She returns back through the window to her house put together the perfect home for her parents and her using the magic. She now has to go use to make her parents happy when she is done Emily goes to bed waiting for her parents to wake up so she can hear the joy in their voice.    

June 06, 2021 17:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.