6 comments

Historical Fiction

I grew up in a time period when, the successors of Paleolithic humans adapted to the rapid global warming that constitutes the beginning of our present interglacial period, circa 9,600 BCE ago. Even back in them days we were will aware of Global Warming even if writing wasn’t invented not even on cave walls and surely not a Bic lighter. The earliest writing systems appeared c. 5,300 years ago, but it took thousands of years for writing to be widely adopted, and it was not used in some human cultures until the 19th century or even until the present.

Global warming is the ongoing rise of the average temperature of the Earth's climate system and has been demonstrated by direct temperature measurements and by measurements of various effects of the warming. It is a major aspect of climate change which, in addition to rising global surface temperatures, also includes its effects, such as changes in precipitation.

I realize that precipitation seems like a big word even in modern times especially when there is civil unrest all throughout the world today circa 2020. While there have been prehistoric periods of global warming, observed changes since the mid-20th century have been unprecedented in rate and scale.

When I was a little boy the ice age had just began. The Ice age, also called glacial age, any geologic period during which thick ice sheets cover vast areas of land. Such periods of large-scale glaciation may last several million years and drastically reshape surface features of entire continents. A number of major ice ages have occurred throughout Earth history. The earliest known took place during Precambrian time dating back more than 570 million years. The most recent periods of widespread glaciation occurred during the Pleistocene Epoch (2.6 million to 11,700 years ago).

You see back then our lifestyle nonetheless continued to be based on hunting, fishing and gathering until with the arrival of the Neolithic farmers-breeders circa 6000 BCE in France. No I didn’t drag no cave women by their nappy wild tangled hair and drag her across a field of dead dinosaur bones when she disobeyed me. In which was quite often.

Although we didn’t have any Commonwealth States such as Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Those Commonwealth governments and leading campaigners who formed an alliance to deliver on the promise of gender equality and end violence against women and girls, including achieving justice for women in the courts. One in three women worldwide is a victim of domestic violence and it is the greatest cause of death in women and girls especially during the Super Bowl Sunday.

On average, 20 people every minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. One in three women and one in four men are victims of some form of domestic violence in their lifetime.

The women back in my day married many times because the men didn’t know how to take care of themselves let alone what they referred to as being a useless cave dweller. She couldn’t go shopping or make up the bed or clean the cave.

My best friend Buck's Pineapple Wife was a pineapple fruit that was married to a weasel named Buck. This Pineapple was said to be married to Buck. He claims one morning he woke up married to this pineapple and also presumably talked to her across a rock phone. It is unknown what happened to her. Buck later adopts a pumpkin called Bronwyn, which becomes this pineapple's daughter. Appearances Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

I thought that I would add a little prehistoric humor before I present the fact of living without indoor plumbing and the all important tissue paper.

I believe in the future many people will one day find it more important to have butt wipes, even when a deadly virus won’t allow anyone access to any food to eat so why will stocking up with toilet paper be so meaningful?

Try escaping from a Titanoboa, meaning "Titanic Boa," was a very large genus of snake that lived approximately 60 to 58 million years ago, during the Paleocene epoch, a 5-million-year period immediately following the Cretaceous extinction event. The only known species is Titanoboa cerrejonensis, the largest snake ever discovered, which supplanted the previous record holder, Gigantophis.

If you keep reading the history of my mind it will soon come clear as to when I was born. No I’m not talking about reincarnation. Reincarnation is the philosophical or religious belief that the non-physical essence of a living being starts a new life in a different physical form or body after biological death. It is also called rebirth or transmigration. Were you even aware that there are three Kinds of Reincarnation? In the Kabbalistic literature three types of reincarnation are mentioned: 1. Gilgul, Transmigration Proper, in which a soul that had previously inhabited one body is sent back to earth to inhabit another body. 2. Ibbur, “impregnation,” in which a soul descends from heaven in order to assist another soul in the body. 

Although even then we truly believed in Alien Beings. Aliens are a part of earth’s history. They have been here during our entire existence. When the Roman Empire was in full bloom, they were there. When Columbus crossed the Atlantic, they were there. When Christ was born, they were there! E.T. was there when I was just a twinkle in my Neanderthal daddy’s eye. Ancient artwork depicting sailors seeing alien crafts.

In shutting down my prehistoric mind I’d just like to say that no matter what era you happened to be born in history has a way of repeating itself. Meaning: The idea that history repeats itself enables us to make predictions about cause and effect. When a strange coincidence occurs, like the Corona Virus we may find ourselves saying ‘well, history repeats itself’. This aphorism is rich in meaning and relevant to many aspects of our lives. ‘History repeats itself’ can be applied not only to the whole sweep of human history but also to our own individual lives. We all have a personal history, which can contain patterns and repetitions. Some people have argued especially the uneducated, winos, know-it-all’s and Satan worshipers, that the fact that patterns and repetitions can be observed in history suggests that there is a hidden force guiding historical events. Other perverts have stated that it is just a coincidence. What do you think?

The idea that history repeats itself can, as mentioned above, be interpreted in various ways. Nations can learn from history about how to prevent a war. Historical personages who are seen to be very similar in their deeds to other historical personages. Learning how the past forms patterns helps us to understand how to break bad habits. When the same actions consistently produce the same effect, we learn something about the effects of human action. We learn about how our actions always have consequences that flow from them, and this helps us to make more moral decisions in the future. We can break the cycle of history if we want to. Thinking about the notion that history repeats itself enables us to understand the past better and also to act more wisely in the future. When?

June 01, 2020 14:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Lynn Penny
22:26 Jun 07, 2020

This was a great use of the prompt, brings to light a lot of important subjetcs. Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kelechi Nwokoma
03:06 Jun 05, 2020

Thus is really good. I love how you wrote exclusively on history and time periods. Also, I love that you included major issues in your story like climate change, women violence, and coronavirus. Your question at the end was also really good, and the fact that history repeats itself is true. 'There is nothing new under the sun,' I always say. Once again, great job. Keep up the good work!

Reply

Blane Britt
18:05 Jun 05, 2020

Thank you for your comment. It was well received.

Reply

Kelechi Nwokoma
20:48 Jun 05, 2020

You're welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Blane Britt
18:47 Jun 01, 2020

Thank you and I will be more than glad to review your short story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Pragya Rathore
17:53 Jun 01, 2020

I loved the nonfiction style...Great story! Please review mine too...

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.