"Concerning Harry" (A "Harmione" Fanfic) BY: Maddy Granger

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Write about a character who has to rely on the hospitality of strangers.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Drama Romance

"Concerning Harry" 

PART 1:

Voldemort was standing just inches away from him, even though he was far from him, Harry could feel the excruciating pain that was forming onto his head in the shape of a scar. Harry screamed, his glasses fell off and as he fell to the ground, he heard a crunch underneath his feet.

 Someone was shaking his shoulder not violently like Ron would wake him, as Harry grew aware of his surroundings, he opened his eyes, he was sitting upright, his head in his hands, sweat caked this back and it ran down his neck and onto the sheets, which stuck to him as if they were made of sealant. He could feel someone sitting next to him at the foot of the spindly bed. Harry opened his eyes from just minutes earlier squeezing them shut, his vision wasn't the best it was slightly blurred from the immense pain emanating from his lightning bolt-shaped scar on his forehead. A gentle hand touched his shoulder, Harry looked up, meeting eyes with his best friend. Hermione Granger. She was sitting on the foot of his bed, her brow furrowed, and a vivid look of concern stayed on her face.

"Harry, it's alright, your alright!" Harry gulped breathing in a breath of fresh air coming in from the cracked window of the Burrow. The bedroom door flew open, A distraught Mrs. Weasley, Ron, and Ginny were all standing behind it, their faces red and their chests heaving as if they had been running up the many flights of stairs at the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley came bustling in her large knitted cardigan flowing behind her as she did so. She bent down next to the boy, her red hair almost touching his sweat-covered face. 

"Oh Harry my dear, your swimming in perspiration, 

She turned to Ron who had been glancing at Hermonie, they shared a worried glance. 

"Ronald, fetch me a cold cloth dear!" Ron nodded but before he could leave the room, Harry protested, he climbed out of bed saying:

"No, Ron, Mrs. Weasely, thanks. I'm fine really, I just had a-

"Bad dream!" Ginny finished for him, she glanced at Mrs. Weasely.

Ginny continued.

"We've been hearing you from downstairs!" Harry nodded.

"I'm fine!" He got up, pulling on his shoes, the family parted as he walked towards the door. Mrs. Weasely grabbed his arm, 

"Oh come now Harry you not well, you must rest!" Hermione nodded as Ron did too.

"Yeah, Mate, you should hear the things you've been screaming lately!" Harry shook his head.

"I just need some fresh air! And Mrs. Weasely, thanks, I'm fine!" Mrs. Weasely looked flustered but she nodded. 

"Well, alright dear!" She left the room to fold laundry hanging on the Burrow's railing. Ginny followed Harry down the stairs, Harry caught Hermonie's look of confusion as they descended the 8 flights of stairs. As they did so, Ginny grabbed Harry's hand. Harry looked down.

"Mum's real worried Harry!" she said lovingly. Harry nodded. Ginny continued.

"And George thinks you've gone batty!" Harry smirked this did make him feel slightly better except for nausea which was now welling up in his stomach. 

"They care about you, you know!" Ginny said stopping mid-step.

Harry stopped frowning looking up at her.

"What? What's wrong?" Ginny smiled, her freckles catching in the dim light. 

"Only this!" She leaned forward and kissed him, Harry could feel the softness of her lips against his, her hand roaming his back and his hands stayed by his sides. Ginny frowned as she pulled back.

"Harry? Hold me!" Harry shook his head. 

"Please Ginny, not right now!" Ginny scoffed, and as Harry turned to leave her standing alone on the first flight of rickety stairs, he saw a piece of bushy brown hair whip out of sight on the landing above them. 

2:

Hermionie was standing looking out of one of the Burrow's windows, watching her friend walk across the Weasely's lawn to their front garden, Hermonie could tell Harry wasn't well, even from her view, she could see his hands shaking vigorously and this made her heartache. A pair of arms wrapped around her from behind, ginger hair tickled her cheek as Ron played his chin on her shoulder also looking out of the window. 

"Whatcha doing?" he asked sighing. Hermione smiled, she touched his hand which was wrapped around her waist. She didn't respond, Ron noticed this her turned her around. 

"Mione! He's fine, he's Harry, he's been through some rubbish and we all have, he's just feeling it wore than we are!" Hermione nodded, although deep down it did not make her feel any better about the situation at all. 

"Well, Ronald we all are yes, but can you imagine how Harry must be feeling? Losing his godfather then Professor Lupin, then Tonks, and Fred!" Hermione felt Ron tense at his late brother's name, he drew his arms back from around her and sat down onto the trundle bed perched in the corner of the Burrow's cramped bedroom. Ron sighed.

"Don't focus on it too much! I don't!" Hermione scoffed.

"And that's why you're arrogant Ronald!" Ron chuckled lightly. Hermionie kept watching Harry, she observed how he moved about the garden fiddling with the locket he always kept around his neck, the one that had almost killed him under the ice that one dreadful night in Dean's forest, the memory gave her a chill. 

Ron stood up again, yawning as he stretched. Before he left the room, he leaned in and placed a kiss lazily on her right cheek. 

"Ron!" she said before he could leave once more. Ron turned.

"Yes?" Hermione tensed her eyebrows just like she did when something peculiar was happening or when she was thinking deeply about something. 

"Do you think something is happening between Harry and Ginny?" Ron frowned.

"What do you mean?" Hermione sighed this time.

"Oh, I just Ginny try snog Harry, but he didn't back." Ron shook his head.

"Monie!, They've just got a lot on their minds, I'm sure they, fine, now come on, Mum wants us all down for dinner!"

3:

Ron and Hermione had been helping Mrs. Weasely set the table, the chipped and mismatching plates did not bother Hermione one bit she found them beautiful and fascinating. Ginny came down the stairs and sat down at the table, her face sullen and emotionless. Hermione understood why after observing her attempt at kissing her best friend. Mrs. Weasely was busy laying down pots and pans upon trivets, she wiped her hands on her apron and straightened. 

"Ginny, dear do fetch Harry for supper!" Ginny stood, pushing her chair back in but Hermione spoke up.

"No, I'll do it!" Ginny looked taken aback, as did the rest of the people in the room. Ginny sighed but nodded.

"Alright!" she sat back down, but Hermione noticed she was chewing her lip nervously. Hermione exited the kitchen and crossed the lawn towards the garden which was where Harry was sitting fiddling with a stalk of grass, he was looking at the sunset in the distance. Hermione bent down, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Mrs. Weasely says supper's ready!" Harry nodded, he got up, he had not realized he had slept so late for most of the day, yet somehow, he still felt exhausted. As Hermione waited for him, he took a deep breath, as they walked back together to the kitchen where Mrs. Weasely was laying sausages and baked potatoes and eggs onto everyone's plates, Harry gently reached down and squeezed Hermione's hand. Hermione's cheeks grew red and she looked down, but then back up at Harry who was now smiling back at her.

"Thank you!" he said. Hermione who was quite flushed nodded. 

"Of course, you're my best friend!" Even though she meant it, Hermione felt a deep pang of sadness grown within as they sat down next to each other at the Weasely's dining table. And they enjoyed their supper.

Hermione wondered, as much as she had known Harry and as they had grown up together he had blossomed into a very fine, handsome young man. She wondered since the Weasely's had permitted his stay and welcomed him into their home if he would stay the whole summer, they had been so kind to everyone who had stayed at the Burrow, and if Harry did somehow stay for the entirety of the summer, Hermione wondered could she possibly be falling for the boy who lived?

End of Part 1

June 03, 2021 23:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.