36 comments

American Drama Romance

This story contains sensitive content

Warning: Sex, sex and more sex


May want to read "Alyce's Restaurant" first


Unabashed likeness to well-known plot


Hammer Down


Damn, that woman is pretty...”Drifter thought as he sipped his strong coffee and nibbled at his buttered toast. “Well, more like runway gorgeous...”He was hungrier but opted not to eat any of the fare offered at pudgy Alyce's greasy spoon after seeing his grimy apron. “No, much more wholesome and natural than that.” The coy waitress, Cassie, he was watching side-eyed him as she waited on another table. He sneaked a quick wink. “Heck, she doesn't even know how beautiful she is... Her long hair looked like silvery silk pulled back in a ribbon but wayward wisps framed her lovely maturing facial features. He remembered falling into those fathomless light azure eyes. She doesn't know the effect she can have on a poor deprived guy like me...Flirting with me then inviting me to her place for breakfast...at sunrise...how am I supposed to last until then?...

His number was called for his turn in the truck stop shower so he left a generous gratuity for the lady. When he stood he realized the result of that effect so pulled his duffle to his front , donned his cowboy hat giving it a slight tip to her as she spied him leaving and went to freshen up with a shave, shower, and, well...in case I do get lucky, a little self-release thinking of her twin bongos battling each other in that oh, so tight tee. Hopefully, I could set them free come morning.

He stopped at the convenience store side of the building to restock his cab then tried to get some shut eye in the bunk of his truck. He played battling bongos in his dreams.

He was awake and walking before the break of day following her instructions to her place down the road. Anticipation had him whistling with the birds and nearly skipping along feeling lighter than he had felt in a very long time. All his senses were on alert. He could smell the bacon aromas coming from Alyce's back door, hear the distant lonesome train echo, feel the crispness of the late winter morning, see beyond the church steeple the rosy colors paint the eastern sky as the sun began it's ascent and almost taste the sweet spice he could detect wafting from Cassie last evening.

Fourth street on the right, fourth house on the left, she opened the door to her tidy abode wearing a pink robe with her silvery hair loose and flowing. As he pushed the door shut with the heel of his boot, she dropped the robe.

Staring at the fully exposed twins up close Drifter wasted no time toeing off his boots and shedding his clothes, too, remembering to retrieve the all important protection out of his pocket. Looks like I'm lucky already. He had no trouble lifting svelte Cassie by those warm buns and wrapping her long legs around his waist to burrow his face between the sunny side up twin-ish peaks better known as 'Cassie' on the left and 'Sassie' on the right desperate to get to know the sonsie Alyce's Restaurant waitress intimately. After all, she had suggested the menu...

Other hangings on the wall rattled as he brought the hammer down and nailed her to it. His first strokes were wild and rough as she threw her head back exposing her long slender neck and hung on with a vice-like grip hungrily winging out that long pent up need. When spent they collapsed momentarily against the cool plaster breathing heavily unable to speak...

She pointed the way to her bedroom as he cradled her in his eighteen-wheeler wielding arms then laid her gently on her bed and snuggled in next to her ready to explore in more detail...slow and gingerly. He tasted and toyed from lips to her earlobes, nibbling down her exquisite neckline to collar bone and down, down, down to a u-shaped scar low on her abdomen... then back up circling around and kissing the small beauty mark along the erotically tender underside of Sassie that distinguished her from her virtual twin. Ah, ha... the mysterious difference between the two. One was dotted.

He languished on the sensitive centers of first Sassie then Cassie. Sensually licking, flicking, nibbling as he sampled each. Definitely sweet and spicy. A satisfying moan escaped from her open lips encouraging him to intensify the suckling until he knew it was driving her to the brink as her body quivered underneath him. She surprised him as she ardently took charge and climbed atop his tent pole.

A slow grind with him testing the heft and weight of the pendulous duo gradually became a mutual frenzy. Rise and fall...rise and fall...Quick, quick, slow...Quick, quick, slow. More ,more, MORE...'Til at last they each claimed what they were looking for...what they needed.

Still no need for verbal communication they entwined and continued the conversation between their curious bodies. Each learning the language of the other until they were both bilingual. Then it was simply a matter of speak and repeat … and repeat...and...

She had fallen asleep curled on his arm. Poor thing was probably on her feet all night. Droggy himself, Drifter reluctantly remembered he had a mission to complete to collect his payload and had nearly used up his extra time. Time well spent, indeed.

A neighborhood rooster crowed and the shadow of a church steeple from across the street seeped through her bedroom window. Pressing reminders time was slipping away.

He wanted to memorize everything about her. The softness of her lips, the dainty hook of her ear, the curve of her neck, the essence of her hair, the strength in her shoulder, the arch of her back. As he watched her sleep he quietly drank in her beauty and marveled at her prowess and how complete she had made him feel.

But for all he knew she could be expecting her man to return soon. Glancing around he saw no evidence of another. She could be someone's mother or grandmother for that matter. Possessing an ageless, graceful air about her with smooth supple skin yet a becoming maturity in her alluring features she could be anywhere between the ages of 26 to 66. He didn't care. He had no regrets. As she started to stir he had an idea.

“Cassie, come with me.” He whispered in her ear. “It's been forever since I've had anyone.”

“I , I...”

“Yes, yes you can. Please don't say … You don't have someone, do you?”

“Someone long gone... Talk me into it.”

“What do you think I have been trying to do? Can't make it much plainer. You are like the air I breathe. I can't live without you, now. You've become part of me. The only good part. I've fallen in love with you. I...”

“Are you sure that isn't just lust?”

“No, I want you by my side. Forever. Marry me if you can't go on like this.”

For good measure he once again nuzzled an extended nipple and devoured it flattening his tongue on the yielding underside and eagerly working it like he owned it. Suddenly a fine sugary nectar oozed forth from it. Slowly at first then in a stream.

“What's this?... The extra cream you... you promised?...” He garbled as gobbling...

“It's a long story... for now...but, well... help yourself to all you want....if you like.”

“Mm, I like, I...m, m, m. I...mm.” He indulged...in both.

Finally, she had to push him away, “Better let me throw a few things in a bag if I am to go with you.”

“Wonderful! You're the most amazing woman I have ever had the privilege of having breakfast with.” He admitted as they routed around for their clothing.

“Breakfast! Oh, no I never fed you.”

“Don't know what you call me draining you like I did but I am satisfied.” He bundled her in a quick hug as her chest turned a brighter pink than it had been under his scruffy chin.

“You're making me blush! Let me get busy.”

She pushed him away to collect a few knit tees with a red embroidered 'A' on the left upper chest. “Guess I won't be needing these anymore. I'll return them to Alyce.”

“He'll have a hard time finding anyone to fill those out like you did, My Love. So the heart was only for Valentine's Day last evening. I didn't even realize it was covering the 'A' .”

“You had other things on your mind.” She chuckled.

“Glad I got to know Cassie and Sassie. Can't wait to live with them full time. You know I'll treat them right. Right?”

“I know how you will treat them, all right!”

“Can't blame me, though... We're made for each other. I've always been a boob man. And you are a woman with abundant boobs. A match made in heaven.

“So, Angel, let me take out your trash while you finish packing.”

Before exited the back door he passed through a studio room full of paintings. Mostly landscapes devoid of people. But there were a couple somewhat different. One was a slump-shouldered man in a dark suit walking away toward a church steeple in the background. The other was a striking depiction of a newborn infant swaddled in strip-like clothes laying on a marble indented slab somewhat like an old-fashioned trough for livestock.

She walked up behind him and wrapped her arm around his waist. “Think I have room for that?” She pointed to a briefcase sized art supply carrying case.

“Of course. These are beautiful. Have you been to all these places? Do you sell them?”

“Mostly give them away. Most come from my imagination. I'll let someone know they are here. This place is a rental. I don't have to clear it out. Think I have all my important things.”

“We can stop anytime and you can paint the highest mountain tops, the glassy lakes, the quiet streams, the towering waterfalls or the tranquil meadows we find along the way.”

“That will be nice to actually see them.”

The last things she packed were some photos and as he picked up her bags she picked up a small teddy bear. Then they walked toward the truck stop.

“Speaking of a match in heaven, let's stop in at this church to see if there is a priest who could tie the knot for us.”

'But, I'm not dr...”

“You look beautiful. Let's make it legal now then we can always do a more formal ceremony later. I don't have a ring. All I can offer you is my slightly battered heart.”

As long as she was there she suddenly wanted to make a confession so excused herself to the confessional.

~~~

“Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.”

“Confess your sins, My Child.”

“I have spent the last few hours fornicating with a stranger much the same way I committed carnal knowledge with you, My Priest. Now I'll marry him and find freedom roaming the highways forever.”

“Say constant 'Hail Marys'...How can you run away with a trucker you don't even know.”

“I know him Biblically already... We speak the same language.”

“But I need you to survive. Your life giving...”

“I pumped for you overnight. It awaits you in my frig but it will be the last.

“Since our baby...I can't say it... I need this chance to survive away from here, away from..... You aren't really sick... it's only your guilt eating away at you. This is your chance to forget me and our sin, too. You can live in peace. There are some paintings in your rental you can do with as you please.

“This man is a good man with a good heart. I am sure he sincerely wants me and I will be happy with him. Please do the righteous thing and perform a legitimate wedding ceremony for us. I can't continue …”

~~~

“Uh, thanks for helping us out on such short notice, Father. Come on, Sweetheart. Gonna have to put the hammer down. I got another load to deliver.”










February 23, 2024 03:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

36 comments

Martin Ross
17:05 Mar 17, 2024

What a turn, and the climax (no pun, or possibly so) just added to the refreshingly unusual tone! There’s a physical and emotional reality to the core romance and eroticism that really sets things apart. Terrific sequel, and I’d double dog dare Hallmark to produce it!😉👍👍

Reply

Mary Bendickson
17:54 Mar 17, 2024

Wouldn't that be revolutionary? 😜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hazel Ide
04:24 Mar 03, 2024

So then there’s that part where he sexily asks if he can take out the trash, and now Im thinking maybe it IS an Arlo Guthrie nod! Haha Great sequel, keep ‘em coming.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
04:41 Mar 03, 2024

Yep, that was a little play on the original, too. Good catch.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tom Skye
20:36 Feb 29, 2024

Well... This was a VERY sexy story, Mary 😂 it was actually strangely unique that the sex element contributed the first half of the story. Often that is the climax in these little tales, no pun intended. The passion was depicted beautifully with an effective dose of humour. I laughed at the bit about the birth mark on one breast. The latter part of the story really caught me off guard. It provides a twist of sorts, but it also opened a door to Cassie's complicated past without saying too much. It was subtle and really allowed us to fill in...

Reply

Mary Bendickson
04:13 Mar 01, 2024

Wow! So encouraging. Didn't know if I could write one so explicit. Glad you liked it.

Reply

Tom Skye
15:25 Mar 01, 2024

Yeah very entertaining. Thanks for liking and commenting on mine :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Michał Przywara
23:15 Feb 27, 2024

Definitely lots of drama here :) It starts off with the heat turned up and it only gets higher - but then after they're done, the plot continues twisting and turning and delivering more drama. “sonsie” - I did not know this word :) Learned something today. Drifter goes all in. It's rash, it's wild, it's crazy - but when you know, you know, and he knows. Not one to be outdone, she abandons her old life and accepts. If anything, that's even crazier, because why would she? Ah, but then we learn there's *even more* going on. A secret dalianc...

Reply

Mary Bendickson
05:03 Feb 28, 2024

Thanks for the in depth analysis. Right on. Glad you liked.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristi Gott
18:17 Feb 27, 2024

Very clever! It kept me guessing. I like that he is actually an old fashioned romantic who marries her and they take off together. Well done!

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:14 Feb 26, 2024

Oh, my goodness. All the raunchy details. Well done, though not my type of reading. I worried about the baby. C section. I picked up on that. Sad the baby died. But she has Drifter now. I don't agree with the idea of celibacy. It often isn't sustainable. At least the priest had a woman he cared about. And wasn't a pervert. Her decision to grab her chance with a man who wants to marry her is wise. After 'knowing him Biblically', and what a ride that was, it makes sense that once or twice is not enough for these two lovebirds. Love happy end...

Reply

Mary Bendickson
22:51 Feb 26, 2024

I apologize. This isn't my normal style. Trying to be experimental in something different. Thank you for the comment. The guilt both Cassie and the priest were living with was unbearable. She thought by escaping it would help them both. I think Drifter will treat her right and they will be happy. Her getting to see more of the world and him not so lonesome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jack Kimball
16:16 Feb 26, 2024

A good ride Mary. Love how you get right into the meat of the matter. I worry about the kid though?

Reply

Mary Bendickson
20:31 Feb 26, 2024

The kid? The waitress was mature enough. The baby she had with the priest did not live. She had a hard time talking about it. Thanks for liking and commenting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Helen A Smith
16:03 Feb 25, 2024

This writing is fun, Mary. Raunchy and unexpected. A wild ride. Literally. I really enjoyed it.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
20:14 Feb 25, 2024

And now for something completely different...😉

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ralph Aldrich
12:05 Feb 25, 2024

Makes me want to sing "On the Road Again."

Reply

Mary Bendickson
20:12 Feb 25, 2024

Go ahead and sing. Makes me happy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Howard Halsall
11:02 Feb 25, 2024

Hey Mary, I wondered what would happen to those two characters after reading the opening last week. I’ve always loved a road trip and trust you’ve plans and/or time to continue their journey. After all, its an incredible start to a new adventure, and why not? Well done HH :)

Reply

Mary Bendickson
19:55 Feb 25, 2024

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I thought I would let them ride into the sunset putting the hammer down and delivering those load

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
John Rutherford
10:10 Feb 25, 2024

It doesn't disappoint. I've said this before, you have style. Raunchy stuff!

Reply

Mary Bendickson
19:52 Feb 25, 2024

Raunchy is style, huh. 😅 Thanks for liking and commenting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rebecca Lewis
01:28 Feb 25, 2024

The story is filled with passion and spontaneity, I felt like I was on a whirlwind journey of desire and newfound love between the two main characters, Drifter and Cassie. The narrative portrays their instant connection and the intensity of their physical and emotional attraction to each other. The inclusion of elements such as confession, guilt, and the desire for a fresh start adds depth to the storyline, making it more than just a tale of romance. The pacing is brisk and kept me engaged from start to finish.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
05:47 Feb 25, 2024

Thank you for this compelling analysis and the like.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Daniel Rogers
04:33 Feb 24, 2024

So much to say, but -- I can't say it. lol But I will say, you are a good writer.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
05:02 Feb 26, 2024

Such a nice thing to say. Thanks.😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Trudy Jas
14:34 Feb 23, 2024

"I forgive you father, for you have sinned." ;) Great follow up!

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:26 Feb 23, 2024

Thanks 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Christy Morgan
13:57 Feb 23, 2024

So much sin, and so little time! A well-crafted and enthralling story, Mary! It was a very sensual read. Surprising ending too - I didn't see that coming....thanks for sharing!

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:26 Feb 23, 2024

Thanks 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Alexis Araneta
08:54 Feb 23, 2024

The twist at the end made my jaw drop ! Milk ! Aaaaaggghh! As usual, brilliant use of detail and great flow. Lovely job!

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:25 Feb 23, 2024

Not too much? Too raunchy? Too cheesy?

Reply

Alexis Araneta
15:28 Feb 23, 2024

Cheesy because of milk? Hahahaha ! No, it was lovely !

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:30 Feb 23, 2024

Thanks 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ty Warmbrodt
05:35 Feb 23, 2024

Well done, Mary. Your stories never disappoint.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:22 Feb 23, 2024

Thanks 😊.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.