0 comments

General

Sunshine was a fierce young lady who loved life, people, and challenges. She was born on the very first day an eclipse took place in the town which was called Stausville which occurred on July 17, 1963. Well Sunshine was not well off or even rich, but she lived a lavish lifestyle. There was never a full moment with her because she would go all out of her way to have a day filled with Sunshine. That is a day without worry, chaos, or despair. Her friends were middle class and lower class individuals who never concerned themselves with status because, they lived life vicariously through the excitement of others. When there was a party sunshine and her friends would always seemed to be the life of the party because there was always someone in the group with that special magic. 

One day while cleaning out her attic sunshine picked up an old coat that she bought two winter’s ago and never had the chance to try it on. She figured she might as well try it on today because the weather was starting to change. Sunshine picked up the coat and tried it on after dusting it off. When she put the coat on one of the pockets began to glow and she could not get the coat off. She reached down into the pocket and there was a trinket that looked like the sun. It glowed so bright and pretty. Sunshine was so overwhelmed by the beauty of the trinket and it’s glow that she was transformed into this beautiful princess. 

The longer she held on to the trinket the more beautiful she became. She looked into the mirror and it was as if that jacket turned into a beautiful golden gown and her hair was golden brown like the sun. It just took her breathe away to see that beautiful young lady looking back at her in the mirror. Well of course the thing with magic if you cannot control it you either lose it or destroy things pretty bad.

That same evening Sunshine decided to take her beauty on the town for a spin with her friends. She suddenly had riches, fame, and popularity. So money was no object for Sunshine because she was a princess and had the power of the sun in her pretty little hands. Sunshine had a sister named Darkinta who stayed on the other side of town with a friend that she met from college. Darkinta and Sunshine never saw eye to eye and they despised one another. News got back to Darkinta that Sunshine was rich and living a lavish lifestyle. Well Darkinta didn’t want the riches and fame Sunshine had, but she wanted to know the source so she could destroy it. She tried to befriend her own sister to gain the secret to her unexpected riches and fame. Sunshine was on to her sister from the very first visit because Darkinta told her she wanted to meet to reconcile their differences. Sunshine agreed, but she was no fool and she was ready for any dark surprises her sister had up her sleeve she thought. 

Darkinta kept a close watch on Stausville and she had certain people in the town afraid of her. Sunshine was the only one that could prevent her dangerous escapades in her town. Darkinta wrote up an agreement that they both had to sign relinquishing the grudges and indifferences she had with her sister. But what Sunshine didn’t know was that if she signed that agreement she was giving Darkinta power over all of her property on Stausville including that trinket she wore because it appeared to be rather expensive. Sunshine signed the papers and said, “if you try to destroy me in any way you will lose.” Darkinta laughed wickedly and left Sunshine’s home. The very next morning Sunshine heard a loud knock at her door, it was the movers and they barged into her home and started moving everything out. Darkinta was right behind them laughing, and she said dear sis you might be smart but yesterday you played the fool.

I don’t want to make amends with you because you are beneath me and I don’t need you. Listen I had that document drawn up with a few clauses ending our squabbling, but it also stated that all of your property belongs to me now. 

So go ahead and give me that necklace with the trinket attached to it. Sunshine began to cry because she never wanted to part with her necklace because it became a part of her. Darkinta had her lawyer explain that everything that her sister was doing was legal in the court of law. 

After Darkinta and her evil henchmen left with all of her belongs which also included the deed to her home she needed time to think. So she called all of her friends told them what happened and everyone rushed to her rescue. Darkinta may have all of Sunshine’s property but nothing that belonged to her friends. A good friend of hers Shilinda had a cottage that she was trying to rent out not far from her home and she gave it to Sunshine with no strings attached. Her dentist offered to give her a job in the office, full time and with full benefits for as long as she wanted to work in the dentist office. He made her a receptionist but gave her a great salary because of her evil sister. Sunshine just needed to figure out how to get everything back from her evil sister Darkinta. 

Her sister took everything, but the note that was in the pocket of the jacket where Sunshine got the trinket from. It states in the letter that the owner of this trinket will come into great riches and fame, but beware the evil curse that bears a hold on a person when in evil hands. If someone got that trinket who was not worthy of it’s powers it would blind those that looked directly into the trinket, and burn to death any evil soul who possessed the trinket. Darkinta did not know what she really got her hands on when she stole everything from her sister. Sunshine was going to her town called Fieldsville to unravel her evil plans. Darkinta thought that the necklace would give her powers, it did but all she could do is make people dark and evil like her and turn light into dark. She couldn’t kill anyone or make anyone obey her they had to choose to serve her. Well since she couldn’t get anyone to follow her she hired agents to set families up for crimes they didn’t commit, moved families around and away from each other and she blocked certain people from earning good jobs. Her evil ways just kept on springing up all over her town but no one would join here. 

Sunshine was finally ready to put her evil sister away for good and she knew it could mean death which was why she tried to reason with Dark at first. All of her pleading and begging just made Darkinta more and more angry and a resolution was not coming from here. Sunshine got in Darkinta's face and when she did the trinket lit up on Darkinta’s chest, it glowed a bright yellow, so Sunshine told her to hurry up and take it off but she refused she honestly thought she was going to rule with evil all through the town. That trinket burned Darkinta to death and Sunshine began to cry as the necklace floated across the room and went back around her neck. Everything she lost was returned and all of the evil was removed from her sister’s town. Today no one can look directly into Sunshine’s trinket. A tale was going around town that the Ray’s that shined from the trinket were so bright it could blind a person. There was an inscription inside the necklace that reads:

He who takes on the power inside of this trinket will drown,

In a bath of death given off by the Ray’s of this trinket,

But he who takes the power and uses it for good and never evil,

It will return a sweet shower of peace, love, joy, and happiness for eternity. 

WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Sunshine learned to control the power of that trinket around her neck and she enjoyed many years of peace, love, and joy, with her close friends who became her big beautiful family. 


December 06, 2019 07:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.