0 comments

African American Romance Inspirational

That's the thing about this city it offers everything you need to tell your life story from job opportunities, to high class entertainments, best colleges, home of numerous celebrities but most of all a high crime rate for us black folks. 

Moving from New Jersey to the city hasn't been the best of Mellisa Sylvester life story but yet it still hasn't been the worst. Since graduating high school she has been struggling to accumulate just enough cash to make ends meet for her family and her while saving for college. She nervously fegited with her skirt waist while rehearsing her lines as she stood in the elevator anxiously waiting to impress the HR manager. 

She kept her eyes focused on the floor as this is just another day of been highly discriminated for her high level of melanin. She swallowed hard when she sees the quality outfits the employees here wore but that still wasn't enough to defeat her determination. She had to go to college and working here as an intern for just a year is all she needs to cover her tuition. 

The front desk assistant had nothing but disgusted showcased on her face as Mel explained her reason for visiting. Directing Mel to stand along side the other interviewees while there was still vacant seats is just another way to show what Mel goes through on a everyday basis. She stood there for hours and watched as interviewees who had arrived after her were called in while she stood there. At the end of the day the assistant walked up to her and let her know her outfit or high melanin level didn't match the fashion sense of the company so she wasn't requested by the HR manager. 

Tears streamed down her face as she entered the elevator, normally she was a very mannered young lady but at that moment frustration was getting the best of her, she didn't care to acknowledge the person she saw when she entered.

Behind her stood the CEO of Beauty's Fashion Models. He took the time to admire Melissa chocolate skin, the knotted mane on her head and the modesty of her outfit. She portrait everything the females who threw themselves at him everyday didn't do.

He took his badge off and place it in his pocket before approaching her. It took just a short conversation for Mr. Hartley to decide this is his wife to be. Everything about her captivated him he really couldn't understand how persons could hate her. 

When she hiccup while crying his heart moved in a way he had never felt it, he wanted to take care of this girl but still he had to keep what he was taught in mind."These black girls are nothing but gold diggers" Melissa didn't portrait that to him but he knews how he would have figured that out. He stood right there in the elevator and decided how he'll reveal she's best for him and make her the best wife ever. He approach Mellisa with much catiion and he was right, she was everything he needed for a wife, she was quite different from the average city girls. 

Mellisa was beyond happy at how generous he was, she was working as a housekeeper getting the same pay as most of these girls so in no time she could pay her college tuition fee. One thing she didn't understand was she didn't have anything to do than clean her room but she didn't enjoy that type of living. She wanted to work for her own so every afternoon she would pretend like all she did was clean her room but Anthony knew it was far from that as the other maids would have given him a daily update. At first it was quite hard for her, the others dislike her taste ofo fashion,her religion and her willingness to work when all she had to do was clean her room.

She was a housekeeper with her own personal workers 

But that was beyond Anthony's thoughts he didn't employed her as a housekeeper he wanted her to be his wife.

As time progresset they both started to develop deep feelings for each other. Anthony would take days from work just to spend time with Mel. He would buy her small cute gifts as he realized she appreciated the little things.

It didn't take long for both of them to express there love for each other. Having it that in a couple months they were standing at the altar saying 'I do'. 

After the honeymoon he asked her to join him at work, she was devastated. She now dressed as the high class females but only in a modest way. 

After entering the building the emotions she felt two years ago recoiled but after seeing her husband's smile everything felt just right. 

The whole building goes silent as she walks up to her husband giving him a hug.

But what she didn't expect was him taking her hand and leading her to the HR managers office.

She was quite confused as to why she was introduced as Ms. Sylvester instead of Mrs. Hartley.

After the interview she left quiet angry at her husband, she didn't like been handed success she wanted to work for it.

As soon as he stepped in the house she was at him even a decent way. She didn't like the fuss with her husband especially after he has had such a long day at work.

"My love do you not believe in me, do you not know the person I am? I knew you would be angry at me which is why I introduced you as Ms. Sylvester and not Mrs. Hartley. Also it was his first day, he had no idea who you were" 

"I'm sorry, I thought you bribed them into accepting me"

"Oh no darling" 

A few minutes later the phone begun to ring, as she answered and the person over the phone replied her smike faded. 

"What's wrong my love?" 

"I wasn't good enough, they didn't accept me"

A smile creeped to her husband face as he handed her an envelope.

She screamed and jump on top of her husband. Her soul was over joyed when she saw she was accepted into university.

"See darling everything happens for a reason" 

Melissa knew her husband had wealth but she didn't know to what extent until the other morning she read his badge. She was over joyed that he got an upgrade at work.

He laughed so hard that she wondered if she had said something funny.

"No my darling I was always the CEO but you showed me your not here for that you're here because you love me"

"And I love you for loving me at my worst"

Love is not about color, gender, religion, family status or city it's about the deep affection you share with someone.

March 19, 2021 03:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.