THE MAGICAL KITCHEN

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Write a story that involves a secret or magic ingredient.... view prompt

11 comments

Adventure Fiction

1

MAMA IS GONE

Mama is dead it’s my turn to take over the family’s business,the restaurant. Mama always told me i’ll be the next to take over from the family business after her, and before her was grandmama. The kitchen is our family’s only source of income. That afternoon i was at home thinking about the beautiful moments i had with my mama, then i heard a knock on the door, i went to answer the door when i saw a man dressed in a suit. Hi sir he answered hello, are you Miss Rosa. Yes i am, your mother told me to give you this letter before she died,she collected the letter and the man left.

I opened the letter and saw my mama’s handwriting.

Dear Rosa i’m writing this letter to you to reveal some secrets

about the kitchen. There are some magical spices in the kitchen,

it was passed to me from my mother now i’m passing it to you.

It’s in the basement in the big black box, the key is in under my

closet mat. You’ll see the spices and some magical cook books.

And remember ‘one pinch for one plate’.

I was shocked by the content of the letter but i went to find the key to the box i was never allowed to touch. I found the key to the box and proceeded to the basement, i used the key to opened the box and saw books and spices i was still shook by what i saw but i remembered what mama always told me ‘Rosa i’m gone you’re going to takeover the family restaurant’.I started learning how to cook some of the dishes with the techniques my mama taught me and how to use the spices too. I learnt how to make most of the dishes and spices so I started rennovating the restaurant with the money mama made before she died. The restaurant was ready to be opened.

2

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS !

I started cooking and i fell in love with it, but there was something strange about the spices, the different spices i use the different the customers act. So i remembered the letter so i went to the basement and opened the box and found the letter, i flipped the paper over and i saw the uses of the spices.

Two months later, a customer asked to see me so i went to meet him he said he loved the food and he will like to invest in the restaurant. So he started investing and the customers started increasing and we became very close and soon we fell in love and started dating. We dated for two years. That afternoon i did not know a suprise was waiting for me. Daniel proposed and i said yes.

3

WE GOT MARRIED

We got married and ran the restaurant together, but i still kept a secret from him the magical spices, i always tried to tell him but i was scared. So i decided to tell him, i sat him down and explained everything to him, he was shocked at first but he became cool with it and asked me to teach him how to use it and we started cooking together and made the food even better.

After some months our customers became low and we did not make money as we were before. It was because of the restaurant next door it was as if they were using magic to attract the customers. So i decided to go there and ordered, when the food was ready i tasted it and i felt a kind of feeling, just like the food we cook in our restaurant. So i tried to get close to the owner and we became friends, after some time i asked her if she knew about some magical spices. She behaved strange and left, the next day she asked me how i knew and i told her i had the same spices i showed her mine and she showed me hers. We were confused on why we had the same spices, she also said her mother passed it on to her, we started investigating and went to search the box for help and i saw a big paper showing our family tree. Then i saw katerina’s surname Rodríguez and i showed it to her the next morning and we got to know we were cousins. We joined hands together and made money together since she were cousins. We worked together and we loved it.

A few years later katerina got married and her husband joined the business and we all worked together peacefully. Like any normal day we were i the restaurant when a man came, he was a lawyer he handed me a document showing that the restaurant was sold. We were all shocked because we did not sell the restaurant and we didn’t know who sold it, we asked the lawyer and he said it was a middle aged lady that bought it. We were not selling the restaurant so we took the case to court and after some time the case became intense and we feared losing the restaurant. She was a rich woman so she bribed the judges and lawyers to defend her, after some months of fighting for the restaurant we won the case but the woman still did not back off, she spread bad rumour about hte restaurant and made people speak about the restaurant badly, we called the cops and she got arrested but because of her wealth she got released and continued talkind bad about the restaurant. We went back to court and after aome months she got sentenced to 5 months imprisonment. We continued the business and continued making money.

4

ROSA IS PREGNANT

I was feeling sick and decided to go for a check up, the doctor came in and said congratulations, i was confused and opened the result of the test, and i saw that i was pregnant i was so happy, when i got home i told my husband and my cousin and we were all happy.

Nine months later, the baby girl came and we named her after my mama Josefina because she looked so much like her and she was going to take over the restaurant one day.

THE END

June 30, 2021 21:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

11 comments

Rustys Logic
03:55 Jul 10, 2021

I liked how the ingredients have been passed down from the mother and the way the daughter is given the grandmother's name

Reply

14:16 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:16 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:16 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 7 replies
Alex Sultan
11:18 Jul 10, 2021

I like how you broke the story into sections - it really gives that feeling of time passing with how you wrote it. I'd recommend downloading Grammarly or a similar app to iron out the issues with grammar and spelling, otherwise, I think you have great potential with your writing.

Reply

14:19 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you for the suggestion and reading

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:27 Jul 05, 2021

This story was about a magical kitchen. Some tips needed to upgrade my writing skills

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.