Revenge

Submitted into Contest #47 in response to: Suitcase in hand, you head to the station.... view prompt

2 comments

Adventure

With a heavy breath you headed to the station with a suitcase in your hand. You bid goodbye to your near and dear ones before leaving to the station. You looked back to see your wife in tears. She doesn’t want you to know that she is crying, hence she covers her face. You didn’t want to hurt her but you had to go, to attend an emergency call. She waved bye with a heavy heart. You reached the station. Your train was yet to arrive. You sat on a chair reserved for passengers. You were exhausted by the tiresome work past few weeks. You had arranged your sister’s wedding in a grand way. You got her married to your dear friend Karan. He was a nice guy and you knew he would take good care of her. You had a mission to accomplish hence you were on a journey to reach the goal. You had no idea where were you heading onto, but you were given a suitcase to be delivered. You received a message from your seniors that you were a trusted employee of a reputed Ammunition manufacturing company. You were appointed to deliver some documents which had to be done in secrecy. The train was on the way, the announcer with her sharp voice announced the delay of the train by half an hour. You sat back and relaxed a bit. An hour later the train arrives and you try to board the train then a hand stops you from doing so. You look back to see the cops behind you. Without any ado you are being dragged from the station along with the suitcase in your hand. You expression is flabbergasting, you are shocked. You try to scream but your voice is suppressed by the sudden change in the scenario. The cops pull you, people around are shocked too. You are pushed into the patrol car and the car drives away to reach a police station. Just within a few hours you visited both the stations. One which takes you to your destination and another which changes your whole life. You are put into a cell. “Sir, “ you scream with a loud voice “Why have you brought me here, do you know my identity, I work for a reputed company, I was given some emergency work and I was just boarding a train to reach my destination”. “Shut up “The cop yelled at you, “I know who you are and what you are carrying in your suitcase” He just opened the suitcase and lo what you see there, advanced snipers and guns. You almost fainted at the sight of arms and ammunition in your suitcase which was given to by your seniors as confidential documents to be delivered. Now it was the cop’s turn to yell “Now, can you just identify yourself, you are a terrorist of some vandal group and your mission is to kill someone”. You just couldn’t believe that you were carrying arms in your suitcase. You were trapped. “But why what have I done” this thought entered your mind. You just put your hands on your head and squatted down with an utmost depression and anxiety. You had nowhere to go. Nothing could be done, you were caught red handed. But a faint hope entered your mind. “Sir, Will you give me chance to prove my innocence” you pleaded with the police. The police were reluctant but finally accepted. You called your senior. But he didn’t heed to your request. You were pushed into the cell and was about to be thrashed then suddenly a significant voice stopped the cop. “Sir, I would like a word with my dear friend, will you give an opportunity for doing so”. “Yeah “, yelled the cop. You just couldn’t believe, it was your childhood friend Anil. “Anil, it’s you ,thank my stars, just tell these people about my work and my position”. “ Ajay, you want me to help you , why would you think I would do so, after all that  you did to me during our college days. You might have forgotten but I have not”.

You just tried to recollect the incidents which occurred during your college days. Anil, Ajay that was you, and Ayesha were the best buddies ever. You were friends from your school days. Anil was the most intelligent and smart than the two of you. Ayesha was a good looking beautiful girl. You always admired her and had secret passions towards her. But you were an introvert hence you couldn’t express the feelings towards her. You actually envied your own friend Anil, as Ayesha was very close to him. They made an awesome pair and this envied you much. The childhood days were different but when you grew up your male egos overpowered your friendship. One day it so happened that you saw your dearest friends getting intimate with each other , this irked your male desire. And one day you tried to molest Ayesha your dearest friend and when Anil tried to stop you from doing so, you put the blame on him and because of your cheap tricks you were given a clean chit. Anil was called a rapist, a molester and he was thrown out of the college. You stood as a good boy whereas Anil was considered the bad guy. You had bullied Ayesha from opening her mouth. Out of shame she kept her mouth shut. You destroyed your dear friend’s life and now he has. The cop said,” Mr. Ajay, Meet Mr. Anil the new proprietor of your company”. You just fell on the ground with a thump. You heard the people yelling around, “ we are losing him” You just opened your eyes to see Anil smiling. You remembered your wife and kids and heaved a last breath. Poor Ayesha had killed herself after the disaster in her life. Anil had made up his mind to teach you a lesson. You had paid for your sins. Anil had lost his freinds but he was happy that he had atleast given justice to the love of his life...

June 26, 2020 17:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Crystal Lewis
13:34 Jul 01, 2020

Good story with a moral about not treating people badly because karma will get you. However, just some constructive criticisms: Paragraphs are important. They make the story easier to read and separate the different scenes, when a new character is introduced or there is a change in the main idea you are discussing (like a flashback would be a new paragraph). Also, try to avoid using all italics as italics are a bit difficult to read. Italics are usually used as a highlighter for important moments, like a character’s thoughts or a me...

Reply

Arathi Raghuveer
08:59 Jul 02, 2020

Tq for your suggestions i will surely check these points .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.